2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

At least they gave up the charade and stopped making them put on football equipment and pretend to play a tackle football game. That's progress. 

I didn't have any interest so I didn't watch. I also didn't watch the NHL All-Star Game either so I wasn't discriminating against just the NFL. I think I've just grown out of all star exhibitions, but my nephew seemed to love all the minigames. He's 10. That's who this is for. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think the experience of being a young sports fan is something we really lose sight of. I wonder if it's not only that we ourselves as 10-year-olds didn't consume sports by being epic on reddit, but in fact didn't consume as much sports at all. How many hours of the Bulls did I even watch? Probably a tenth as much as I think I watched.

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Most of my sports exposure as a kid was baseball cards and Sega Genesis games. I didn't watch the games on TV; not really until later years of high school.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

I think the experience of being a young sports fan is something we really lose sight of. I wonder if it's not only that we ourselves as 10-year-olds didn't consume sports by being epic on reddit, but in fact didn't consume as much sports at all. How many hours of the Bulls did I even watch? Probably a tenth as much as I think I watched.

I was thinking about this recently. My nephew consumes sports through video games and youtube highlights. When I was his age I primarily consumed sports through morning viewings of sportscenter, baseball on the radio, Matt Christopher books, and NFL Films reruns on ESPN 2.  He's probably sat and watched fewer than 20 baseball games in his life, but then again, I don't have many memories of intently sitting and watching, like, regular season baseball game even though I know my dad always had sports on in the house. I would start watching the games, get bored, and then go in the backyard or basement and play whatever sport had been on TV. I don't think I started actively watching games until I was in the 7th or 8th grade. 

Oh and I used to go into AOL chatrooms and argue about hockey. I was probably so annoying. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

Speak for yourselves as far as kids not watching sports. I was 8 years old and already watching Sportscenter religiously wondering who would win the home run record chase between Sosa and McGwire.  Always loved going to Chiefs and Royals games growing up and would watch them on TV whenever I could. Even dabbled in fantasy football with my Dad and his work buddies. Am I an outlier? Probably, but I was a precocious little :censored:.

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

This was NOT my first time at County Stadium, circa 1976. Lee May model first baseman's glove (I was an all glove no stick first baseman - no future for me). Brewer batting helmet and t-shirt - that was about as decked out as a fan could get back then. I'm pretty sure I kept score while watching the game.

D62thkg.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 2

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

This was NOT my first time at County Stadium, circa 1976. Lee May model first baseman's glove (I was an all glove no stick first baseman - no future for me). Brewer batting helmet and t-shirt - that was about as decked out as a fan could get back then. I'm pretty sure I kept score while watching the game.

It's funny watching old sports broadcasts even into the 1990s. People are just wearing regular-ass clothes to the game. Maybe you'd see baseball hats, but certainly not the level of jerseys, sweatshirts, and various paraphernalia people wear now. I think I was watching like a 1992 Bulls Finals game, and it looked like people came straight from work to the game (because they probably did!).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

AJ Green retired. Probably not a hall of famer because he didn't have the longevity or great playoff performances, but his peak was as good as a lot of bigger names. When he was good he was really really good and was a huge part of that Bengals run of 2011-2015. Those were some unexpectedly fun teams and he had a lot great moments.

Always appreciated how when he showed up in 2011 we had just come off of the 2010, 4-12 soap opera of Chad Johnson, T.O., and then Carson Palmer "retiring". Then he and some redhead from Texas calmly, quietly took that team to the playoffs five straight years. 

Probably my favorite AJ Green play. Linked because the NFL won't let me embed their youtube videos.

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Off topic, but damn that is one ugly-ass uniform matchup

• Like 4
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

5 minutes ago, waltere said:

Off topic, but damn that is one ugly-ass uniform matchup

Whenever the topic comes up I always say it's my vote for the worst looking game in NFL history. You had the Browns in their befuddling and ill-advised Niketastic uniforms, the Bengals were still wearing their 2004 Tiger costumes, and everyone wore the most orange they could. The game was physically difficult to watch on TV from the standpoint of following which team was which. This is always my Exhibit A for why the NFL needs a Uniform Common Sense Czar in place to protect the teams from doing this. Just someone to say "No, Bengals don't wear your orange jerseys and socks against the Browns. Hey, Browns, don't wear orange pants against the Bengals."

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 2/6/2023 at 7:31 AM, Sport said:

At least they gave up the charade and stopped making them put on football equipment and pretend to play a tackle football game. That's progress. 

I didn't have any interest so I didn't watch. I also didn't watch the NHL All-Star Game either so I wasn't discriminating against just the NFL. I think I've just grown out of all star exhibitions, but my nephew seemed to love all the minigames. He's 10. That's who this is for. 

The only All Star game that still interests me is the MLB All Star game.  The rest I outgrew them along time ago.

I really like CMcC and think he's an elite player (hot take, I know), but he comes off really dumb here.  They DO LET YOU HAVE A THIRD QB.  They ended the emergency QB thing, and expanded the roster to accommodate.  Teams consciously choose to not use that spot for a QB.  That's on the coach.  Maybe they should change the rule and require an OL to block a DL, then we're not having this conversation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I really like CMcC and think he's an elite player (hot take, I know), but he comes off really dumb here.  They DO LET YOU HAVE A THIRD QB.  They ended the emergency QB thing, and expanded the roster to accommodate.  Teams consciously choose to not use that spot for a QB.  That's on the coach.  Maybe they should change the rule and require an OL to block a DL, then we're not having this conversation.

Then let the full 53 man roster dress for every game.  To me it's odd that while all teams have a 53 man active roster, only 47-48 are truly active on a gameday roster.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Then let the full 53 man roster dress for every game.  To me it's odd that while all teams have a 53 man active roster, only 47-48 are truly active on a gameday roster.

It was intended to allow teams to not play injured players by letting them sit the guys who were hurt.  If a team chooses to NOT dress a third QB (or even carry one on their roster), that's on the team, not on a league rule.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.