2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

On 8/31/2022 at 7:10 AM, TBGKon said:

Bucs did the same with Logan Ryan, in assumption that Ryan Jensen is going on the IR today.  I assume most of the guys the Cowboys cut were vested veterans, who dont go thru waivers and become free agents.  In that case, they just hold tight and sign back the next day or so.

Will Grier and Ben DiNucci had to go through waivers.  Brett Maher, Jake McQuaide and Cooper Rush did not.  

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

Well this is the first time i've heard of a MASCOT getting a season ending injury.... the guy inside must of been in ABSOLUTE pain.

Clearly you don't know the story about the Mariner Moose.  This link stops short of showing the injury.

https://makeagif.com/i/JADJsr

It's where I sit.

Since kickoff is tonight, I'll begin with my hot take for the season. 

The Rams are the most overrated team in the league.  losing Von Miller & OBJ is a gut punch to them. They'll still likely win the division, but for all the talk of being a "cinderella team" The Bengals have a better chance of making it back to the Super Bowl than the Rams.   

It's going to turn out that the "cinderella team" was actually the Rams. 

Oh, and :censored: Stan Kronke. 

That's all. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Since kickoff is tonight, I'll begin with my hot take for the season. 

The Rams are the most overrated team in the league.  losing Von Miller & OBJ is a gut punch to them. They'll still likely win the division, but for all the talk of being a "cinderella team" The Bengals have a better chance of making it back to the Super Bowl than the Rams.   

It's going to turn out that the "cinderella team" was actually the Rams. 

Oh, and :censored: Stan Kronke. 

That's all. 

I agree. Them winning the Super Bowl (iN tHeIr HoMe StAdIuM!) has warped everyone's perception of them. Remember, they went 0-4 in the entire month of November, and many were doubting their chance of winning the SB up until them beating Tampa in the Divisional Round.  Them losing both Von Miller (who takes pressure off of Aaron Donald) and OBJ (who takes pressure off of Cooper Kupp) are huge blows, and they no longer have Andrew Whitworth manning down center. They won't crumble completely, but they're not going back to the 'Bowl.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

It’s more about getting reps in than anything else but I’m sure it’s a total coincidence that ACL injuries skyrocketed after they got rid of 2 a day practices too. 

Who shredded their ACL tonight?

6uXNWAo.png

9 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Who shredded their ACL tonight?

Admittedly no one so far, but I remember when the aborted lockout happened in 2011 and right afterwards a lot of players started getting ACL injuries more often. During the preseason-less 2020 NFL season, there was a higher incidence of ACL tears than 2014-2019. So, even there it supports the theory that rusty players tend to get injured more. And the best way to shake off rust is through reps because I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there are more injuries in training camp/preseason relative to the regular season. 

Edited by Red Comet

15 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Admittedly no one so far, but I remember when the aborted lockout happened in 2011 and right afterwards a lot of players started getting ACL injuries more often. During the preseason-less 2020 NFL season, there was a higher incidence of ACL tears than 2014-2019. So, even there it supports the theory that rusty players tend to get injured more. And the best way to shake off rust is through reps because I don’t think it’s a coincidence that there are more injuries in training camp/preseason relative to the regular season. 

You went from "this game is sloppy" to "these darn ACL injuries"

🥴

6uXNWAo.png

What a win for Buffalo! (While I miss all of it due to my job orientation that I just got back from). I'm sure they're gonna be scary this year. 

As for the Rams, I'm sure there be just fine, champions are champions for a reason, they know how to weather a storm like the one they had tonight and i'm sure the Rams are capable of doing that.

xFUdNmt.png

Yeah, that went about as I thought. Didn't expect the Buffalo defense to be THAT dominate but yeah. 

Even Collinsworth mentioned how badly the Rams were getting exposed without OBJ & Von Miller. Without Kupp carrying them, they are embarrassing. 

Also I'll never understand all the praise Stafford gets. At best he's a Tony Romo level QB. He had loaded :censored:ing team and did just the bare minimum to win a ring.  

I'll end my little rant by saying as a fantasy owner, :censored: You Mcveigh for not playing Cam Akers. 

As for Buffalo, they do look scary, if their defense was this good, imagine what it will look like when they get Tre'davious White back. 

• Like 3