2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It would be nice, but I sense one of them will return.  One of them will delay retirement for a year just so that they won't go into Canton at the same time.  

You spelled 'because he is due to get $60 million from the Packers' wrong😆

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

Super random question: Who do media outlets get all weird about the how they display the 49ers name?

Two examples I see often: 49'ERS, with an apostrophe after the 49 -also- DALLAS COWBOYS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ers, where everything is capitalized except for the "ers".

Pretty sure they do the same for the 76ers, just never quite understood it.

Yeah, I've seen that over the years.  I also recall a pocket schedule or two that was weird about how they shortened Buccaneers.  Normally it's Bucs, some go with Buccs, and I remember seeing Buc's more than once.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

5 hours ago, Discrim said:

Yeah, I've seen that over the years.  I also recall a pocket schedule or two that was weird about how they shortened Buccaneers.  Normally it's Bucs, some go with Buccs, and I remember seeing Buc's more than once.

This bugs me because it comes off as a possessive use of an apostrophe. But, it's actually just using the apostrophe to denote that it's replacing missing letters for pronunciation. Like Shouldn't (which doesn't even shorten the word other than the missing space) or O'er in the national anthem or Ne'er do well. Or the infamous O'clock.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:17 AM, Rockstar Matt said:

They had a negative point differential man. First one ever to win 13+ and to have it be negative. Point differential isn't the end all, be all, stat but it's very useful when determining the overall quality of a team. Good teams tend to win big and if they lose, they're close games.

Minnesota was the exact opposite.

The Vikings were 11-0 in one score games coming into this game. One score games are rather random in terms of who wins, meaning most teams would expect to be somewhere around .500 in those games. The Vikings were really a 8-9 or 9-8 type of team, who just got historically lucky in tight contests. 

Buffalo last year couldn't win a close game to save their lives and was historically unlucky in tight games.

Literally an inverse.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Unocal said:

The Giants had a negative point differential and nobody called them frauds.

Big market media bias?

The Giants were 9-7-1.

The Vikings were 13-4.

A team had NEVER won 13 games and had a negative point differential. This isn't difficult to grasp.

And yes, I know that my team didn't make the playoffs. That doesn't change this.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Unocal said:

Buffalo last year couldn't win a close game to save their lives and was historically unlucky in tight games.

Literally an inverse.

Okay and... ? Don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

11 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Okay and... ? Don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

I think the point is we should be calling the 2021 Buffalo Bills frauds too.

Okay. The 11-7, non-Super Bowl winning Bills were frauds.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, Unocal said:

The Giants had a negative point differential and nobody called them frauds.

Big market media bias?

They were barely a playoff team, had a terrible second half, and I don't think that even their biggest fans consider them a true contender.  So no - not frauds.  Just a team that had a mediocre season and was on the right side of a couple of tight games.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

They were barely a playoff team, had a terrible second half, and I don't think that even their biggest fans consider them a true contender.  So no - not frauds.  Just a team that had a mediocre season and was on the right side of a couple of tight games.

This is 100% accurate. Their own fans don't even believe they're contenders. They are just happy to be here and to have gone further than anyone would have reasonably expected them to.

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

17 hours ago, EskimoAldus said:

The Cowboys beat a washed Bucs team who happened to win their division.

Just sayin'

What are you "just sayin"???  I genuinely don't understand the point you're trying to make.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

It’s bad enough to give bulletin board material to 53 men. It’s on another level to give it to 73,000 fans. 

And watch how many of them completely miss the rest of what he said (in general but specifically the praise about the KC environment) and focus only on the part the media outlet pulled out. But of course that's the media's job: to incite drama.

I'm sure I'll hear about this when I get back to Sioux Falls tomorrow afternoon, too...not looking forward to having to shoot down that bunch of quacks up there, but it is what it is. 

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 minutes ago, tBBP said:

And watch how many of them completely miss the rest of what he said (in general but specifically the praise about the KC environment) and focus only on the part the media outlet pulled out. But of course that's the media's job: to incite drama.

I'm sure I'll hear about this when I get back to Sioux Falls tomorrow afternoon, too...not looking forward to having to shoot down that bunch of quacks up there, but it is what it is. 

The media? Distort the truth? Impossible!

• LOL 2