2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

20 minutes ago, Cujo said:

RIP home-field advantage

Talk about bait.  There's nothing of any substance in that piece, and it's extremely misleading.  I don't know Mike Florio, but based on this, he's a total hack.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

24 minutes ago, Cujo said:

RIP home-field advantage

Good luck convincing 24 owners of that. It’s one thing that the Super Bowl is pretty much exclusive to the Sun Belt or domed stadiums (NY Super Bowl notwithstanding), it’s another when teams like Green Bay, Buffalo and Cincinnati can potentially miss out on their biggest opportunity to have a major game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

Good luck convincing 24 owners of that. It’s one thing that the Super Bowl is pretty much exclusive to the Sun Belt or domed stadiums (NY Super Bowl notwithstanding), it’s another when teams like Green Bay, Buffalo and Cincinnati can potentially miss out on their biggest opportunity to have a major game.

It's not worth getting worked up about.  It's a non-story.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

In the name of money, they'll absolutely bite.

Understood,  but this would take the stadium with the 2nd or 3rd highest capacity (depending on which list you look at) out of the rotation (most likely) due to weather conditions and lack of hotel rooms.

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Understood,  but this would take the stadium with the 2nd or 3rd highest capacity (depending on which list you look at) out of the rotation (most likely) due to weather conditions and lack of hotel rooms.

So the dozen-or-so cities in the current Super Bowl rotation will host mini-Super Bowls for the A/NFCCGs. I don't have a problem with that. The same happens in the CFP and have never heard a complaint.

Sounds like you'd be upset with Green Bay being out of the running if this happens. Damn. I guess if that happens, Lambeau will never host another Packers title game loss again.

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

6uXNWAo.png

31 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So the dozen-or-so cities in the current Super Bowl rotation will host mini-Super Bowls for the A/NFCCGs. I don't have a problem with that. The same happens in the CFP and have never heard a complaint.

Sounds like you'd be upset with Green Bay being out of the running if this happens. Damn. I guess if that happens, Lambeau will never host another Packers title game loss again.

Of course you don’t have a problem. It’s not like you’ll see an NFC Championship soon anyway.

• Huh? 1

Why acknowledge a nothing story? It’s not happening and there’s zero evidence that it’s being considered. It’s ridiculous. Move on. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

If/when the league goes forward with neutral site Championship Games, perhaps they take their Super Bowl & "destination" cities, divide them up, and have AFC teams play at NFC sites and vice versa. In the interest of fairness, of course.

AFCCG host sites:

Atlanta

Arizona

Dallas

Los Angeles*

New Orleans

New York*

San Francisco

Tampa Bay

NFCCG host sites:

Houston

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Los Angeles*

Miami

New York*

Tennessee

* AFC/NFC shared stadium

• Hurl 1

6uXNWAo.png

"Natural Conference Championship site" is really high up on the list of dumb ideas the NFL has has. Which is certainly saying something. 

Taking away Home Field for a team when it matters most, not to mention screwing fans of both teams. 

Most people probably wouldn't give the idea credence if the NFL didn't have a history of actually implementing those really dumb ideas. 

3 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Most people probably wouldn't give the idea credence if the NFL didn't have a history of actually implementing those really dumb ideas. 

Yeah. On the face of it, it’s a stupid idea floated by a stupid writer. But with how focused the NFL is in killing their golden goose for short-term gain? Can’t put it past them. 

4 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

if the NFL didn't have a history of actually implementing those really dumb ideas. 

Which dumb ideas are you referring to?

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1