MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

20 hours ago, tBBP said:

It still baffles me how, after all these years, the Rockies STILL haven't added purple numbers/scripts/NOBs/something to their Chicago White Sox-lookalike home sets. Shoot, even a purple home cap would make a world of difference.

On the other hand...at this point I may as well give them props for sticking to the same look they've had, for the most part, since their inception. Considering how many times their expansion-mate Marlins done changed since then, that's quite the achievement.

I agree. I wish the Colorado Rockies would change the primary color of their caps from black to purple. Someone should create a re-colored concept for the Rockies in the concepts forum where they wear a purple cap for home & road with the CR logo in white trimmed in black, and purple lettering/numerals with purple pinstripes.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Other than the Twins redesign and a few more City Connects, are any other teams rumored to be getting new unis/alternates for 2023?

Rays are reported to be dropping the gray jersey in 2023.  Nothing has been said about any changes to their existing navy blue or columbia blue jerseys, but on a personal level I hope they bring in a pair of columbia blue pants for the road.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Rays are reported to be dropping the gray jersey in 2023.  Nothing has been said about any changes to their existing navy blue or columbia blue jerseys, but on a personal level I hope they bring in a pair of columbia blue pants for the road.

And while they're at it, PLEASE put "Tampa Bay" back on the roads!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

bYhYmxh.png

1 hour ago, Burmy said:

Here you go!!!

tampa-bay-devil-rays-number-20-game-issu

😁

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hmm...  I coulda sworn something was said to be in the works during the season or early offseason (or even last offseason) that Colorado had some kind of rework happening for this year.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:22 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Neon for the Mets would be a great idea for this reason you brought up

spacer.png

It's a shame I never got to go to Shea

I really like that this season the team included this in their scoreboard graphics.  I was on the Mets subreddit in the live thread when I noticed it and was about to comment on how cool it was and ask how long they'd had it.

Then the Padres started scoring... and I realized it would be for the best to not say anything at all and maybe ask next year.

On 12/26/2022 at 9:03 PM, spartacat_12 said:

This is my favourite uniform the Rockies have ever worn. 

spacer.png

Is it just me, or has this always been the non-purple-alt uniform set of theirs where the purple shows best?

2 hours ago, Burmy said:

*monkey paw finger curls*

"Hey, Burmy, have you seen the ad patches the Rays are putting on all their uniforms?"

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Hmm...  I coulda sworn something was said to be in the works during the season or early offseason (or even last offseason) that Colorado had some kind of rework happening for this year.

That was last offseason and I believe it was a comment by either the owner or someone in the team's front office referencing the Rockies' City Connect set. 

• Like 3

On 1/5/2023 at 10:20 AM, coco1997 said:

Other than the Twins redesign and a few more City Connects, are any other teams rumored to be getting new unis/alternates for 2023?

There was a rumour going around the Diamondbacks Team Store that yet another uniform overhaul was coming but I don't think anything there is happening.

Something to keep an eye on is when a new ownership comes on board for the Angels and the Nationals, I would not be surprised if there are overhauls that come

10 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

There was a rumour going around the Diamondbacks Team Store that yet another uniform overhaul was coming but I don't think anything there is happening.

Something to keep an eye on is when a new ownership comes on board for the Angels and the Nationals, I would not be surprised if there are overhauls that come

The Angels' identity is long overdue for a refresh (something based around their City Connect set would be cool), but the Nats are fine as-is, in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

26 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Angels' identity is long overdue for a refresh (something based around their City Connect set would be cool), but the Nats are fine as-is, in my opinion. 

I actually think the complete opposite of that. The Angels is fine (maybe a small tweak or something), but the Nationals need to find one identity and stick to it.

• Like 3

Maybe it's just a me thing, but the one thing I wish was changed was the Mariners number font. They are consistent across all their jerseys except the navy alt and I would like to see at least one translated to all the uniforms. 

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Fg6R8TdWsjgKhr-n-Je90_RYT3g=/1400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/11714165/987514050.jpg.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/6tRR1c2ycJb0Y-Ti9BK29_Xen2A=/1400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10134967/605800506.jpg.jpg

• Like 1

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

On 1/6/2023 at 11:46 AM, McCall said:

I actually think the complete opposite of that. The Angels is fine (maybe a small tweak or something), but the Nationals need to find one identity and stick to it.

I agree with you. The Angels have a solid look! If I were to tinker, I'd remove the patch since it is pretty redundant with the Halo A.

Would love to see the old-school halo on the crown as an alt!

The Angels don't really need a branding overhaul in terms of visual identity, IMO. The main thing they'd really need in terms of branding is just to go back to using Anaheim instead of trying to fight against the pull of the Dodger empire, because that's the fight that Moreno never quite understood that he could never win for multiple reasons.

It works with the Yankees and Mets because the boroughs in NYC all have distinct favors on either side; Long Island is Mets country, the Bronx is Yankeetown and you can generally predict based on proximity for the others.

But LA proper is pretty much 100% Dodgertown, even with how long the Angels have been trying to butt into that space...and a bunch of people still call them the Anaheim Angels and/or California Angels anyways, despite the name change to Los Angeles Angels being a thing for over a decade; probably because Anaheim's the name they used when the team the highest peak they ever have and California Angels happened to be their name at the time Disney made a remake of a movie about the Pirates and swapped them for the Angels.

Hell, even other MLB teams keep calling them the Anaheim Angels.

• Like 5

The Angels currently have some of my least favorite uniforms in the MLB despite having a decent logo and wordmarks to work with.

Their first move should be making some sort of alternate logo with imagery that isn't just their A logo. It's far too redundant to have it on the chest, cap, and sleeve. Give us something with wings, or a modernized California with halo logo. In the process of updating logos, they should drop silver entirely and make the halo yellow, because it gives the brand more life than silver does. They should also de-bevel their logos to match the uniforms (which look better without the bevel).

Secondly, they need to fix the mess that are their uniforms. These are all pretty minor things, but there is a lot to fix. They need a navy crown/red brim cap, and maybe a panel cap, similar to their City Connect. I'd eliminate all of the unnecessary outlines and drop shadows on their wordmark, because it is far too cluttered. They also need to make the red jersey more legible, as the red text on red jersey isn't ideal.

I understand that these uniforms have lots of history attached to them (World Series, Trout, Ohtani) but that shouldn't be the reason that we have stuck with this mess of an identity for 20 years. There are lots of little things to fix, but making changes would make the team look significantly better.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

The Angels currently have some of my least favorite uniforms in the MLB despite having a decent logo and wordmarks to work with.

Their first move should be making some sort of alternate logo with imagery that isn't just their A logo. It's far too redundant to have it on the chest, cap, and sleeve. Give us something with wings, or a modernized California with halo logo. In the process of updating logos, they should drop silver entirely and make the halo yellow, because it gives the brand more life than silver does. They should also de-bevel their logos to match the uniforms (which look better without the bevel).

Secondly, they need to fix the mess that are their uniforms. These are all pretty minor things, but there is a lot to fix. They need a navy crown/red brim cap, and maybe a panel cap, similar to their City Connect. I'd eliminate all of the unnecessary outlines and drop shadows on their wordmark, because it is far too cluttered. They also need to make the red jersey more legible, as the red text on red jersey isn't ideal.

I understand that these uniforms have lots of history attached to them (World Series, Trout, Ohtani) but that shouldn't be the reason that we have stuck with this mess of an identity for 20 years. There are lots of little things to fix, but making changes would make the team look significantly better.

As an Angels fan, I'll beat this drum forever. The Angels do not need a navy hat. The Angels do not need any more navy at all.

They own the red on red look, whereas there are already way way too many navy(or blue)/red teams in the MLB for the Angels to do it. Look at the infamous AL West hat photo. There are only two hats that stick out and the Angels shouldn't change that.

kJKEpYW.jpeg

Heck, even the old California Angels look a lot of people like is just Red Sox West. The red on red is the modern Angels.

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

12 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

As an Angels fan, I'll beat this drum forever. The Angels do not need a navy hat. The Angels do not need any more navy at all.

They own the red on red look, whereas there are already way way too many navy(or blue)/red teams in the MLB for the Angels to do it. Look at the infamous AL West hat photo. There are only two hats that stick out and the Angels shouldn't change that.

kJKEpYW.jpeg

This is a really good point. I agree that the MLB isn't dying for any more blue and red teams, so suggesting that the Angels lean further into is a little counter-productive. I also agree that being a red-focused team separates the Angels of old from their "modern era". At the minimum, I wish that the Angels would create a cap where it isn't just a red logo on a red background.

--

Making the suggestion to emphasize blue is intended to give them a secondary color without undergoing a complete rebrand. I think that being a red and white team isn't conducive for the MLB considering that most teams have 3+ jerseys and at least two hats. While red and blue is far from original in the MLB, I think that it would really liven up the Angels brand that hasn't changed much since the early 2000s.

Even though the Angels have been in the league for a long time now, I don't think that they have one definitive identity. They could full commit to being a red and yellow team or red and powder blue team and I wouldn't have much issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortunat1 said:

This is a really good point. I agree that the MLB isn't dying for any more blue and red teams, so suggesting that the Angels lean further into is a little counter-productive. I also agree that being a red-focused team separates the Angels of old from their "modern era". At the minimum, I wish that the Angels would create a cap where it isn't just a red logo on a red background.

--

Making the suggestion to emphasize blue is intended to give them a secondary color without undergoing a complete rebrand. I think that being a red and white team isn't conducive for the MLB considering that most teams have 3+ jerseys and at least two hats. While red and blue is far from original in the MLB, I think that it would really liven up the Angels brand that hasn't changed much since the early 2000s.

Even though the Angels have been in the league for a long time now, I don't think that they have one definitive identity. They could full commit to being a red and yellow team or red and powder blue team and I wouldn't have much issue. 

I've long felt the Angels could pull off a red and gold look:

LosAngelesTeamsRed-scaled.jpg

• Like 8
  • Hurl 2