MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

18 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I'd prefer a blue outline on the Twins script, but the unis aren't terrible overall. The biggest problems with them are the removal of Minnie and Paul and that atrocious road cap. Either bring back the Metrodome M, or just use the TC.

I'd have rather them done white panel at home and all navy TC on the road.

I've been thinking the same since I first saw the white-paneled batting helmet. I mean shoot, dare to be different, Minnesota. Go all the way out there. Plus, it just looks so dang good

I think the Orioles were the last team to do the white-paneled cap thing on anything close to a regular basis about a decade or so ago (?); before that, I wanna say the Reds were the last (maybe the only) team to do a full-time white home cap for a full season? Anyway, my point is it'd be unique and the Twins could really own it in this present era...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

39 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I've been thinking the same since I first saw the white-paneled batting helmet. I mean shoot, dare to be different, Minnesota. Go all the way out there. Plus, it just looks so dang good

I think the Orioles were the last team to do the white-paneled cap thing on anything close to a regular basis about a decade or so ago (?); before that, I wanna say the Reds were the last (maybe the only) team to do a full-time white home cap for a full season? Anyway, my point is it'd be unique and the Twins could really own it in this present era...

Yeah, about that. Neither of those mean it would be any good.

This white-paneled batting helmet is a callback that never matched the home hat. It needn't do so now, either.

• Applause 1

It's where I sit.

42 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The Orioles still do it. White panel cap at home, all black on road, black O's hat with the black jersey

• Like 6

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

The Nationals brand has been so forgettable since they won the world series, but technically speaking they have had a white panel hat for the last couple of years as their default home hat.  So I wouldn't say the Twins white panel would look all that unique outside of the batting helmet mismatch.  

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, infernoqueso said:

The Nationals brand has been so forgettable since they won the world series, but technically speaking they have had a white panel hat for the last couple of years as their default home hat.  So I wouldn't say the Twins white panel would look all that unique outside of the batting helmet mismatch.  

Two things:

1.) The Nationals' brand was forgettable before they won the World Series, so there's that, and...

2.) 

46 minutes ago, infernoqueso said:

spacer.png

For those swear up and down that scripts and numbers must have outlines, stare long and carefully at this photograph. Yes, we all know it says "Nationals"...but look at the colors. See how they kinda "bleed," into each other? Admittedly this problem is worse when a lighter color outlines a darker color, but this is the exact reason the Twins' single-layer approach works so well: a/ clarity in legibility and b/ clarity in color usage. 

20 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

They almost got it right when changing to the Nationals script. Then they had to change to those caps and create that logo inconsistency between the home and road.

Ever since the Natinals adopted that script, it's just looked off to me....is it just me, or does that script just look set at more extremely raked angle than other chest scripts to anyone else??? 

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Speaking of navy+red teams who should do something unique with their identity...

The Nationals have some of the worst uniforms in MLB.

Washington should've been the navy+red team with gold, not Minnesota. It could easily be added back into the identity. Plus they have the unique monument-inspired lettering to revisit, a welcome deviation from the standard script or arched block lettering everyone seems to have. Personally I'd love to see red lettering with beveling, outlined in navy with gold trim. I also always loved the uniqueness of the red at home + navy on the road setup.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

spacer.png

The Nationals are a hot mess. The angle of this script is terrible, this hat is awful, they nearly dropped the red hat which is by far their best one and shouldn't wear the Braves lookalike with anything but the navy jerseys...

8 hours ago, Bmac said:

Speaking of navy+red teams who should do something unique with their identity...

The Nationals have some of the worst uniforms in MLB.

Washington should've been the navy+red team with gold, not Minnesota. It could easily be added back into the identity. Plus they have the unique monument-inspired lettering to revisit, a welcome deviation from the standard script or arched block lettering everyone seems to have. Personally I'd love to see red lettering with beveling, outlined in navy with gold trim. I also always loved the uniqueness of the red at home + navy on the road setup.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I didn't mind that color scheme, but I hated that wordmark.

• Like 7

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I understand we're nearing the 'Aughts period of the nostalgia cycle.

As someone who suffered through the Eighties nostalgia cycle, can we please, please not do this with the Nationals?

Seconded.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

As someone who suffered through the Eighties nostalgia cycle, can we please, please not do this with the Nationals?

The only thing the Nats need to bring back from that set is the DC hat

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 3/8/2023 at 4:47 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Yeah, about that. Neither of those mean it would be any good.

This white-paneled batting helmet is a callback that never matched the home hat. It needn't do so now, either.

You know what, man...I've been thinking, and In think you're right: it wouldn't be good. 

It'd be ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! 💯 😃

• LOL 2

23 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Let's just bring it full circle. Allow me to say the magic words that will push this thread into a death spiral: The Nats should go back to being the Expos. 

💣

• Like 1
  • WOAH 3

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Let's just bring it full circle. Allow me to say the magic words that will push this thread into a death spiral: The Nats should go back to being the Expos. 

💣

In Washington or in Montreal? 

On 3/8/2023 at 11:59 PM, tBBP said:

For those swear up and down that scripts and numbers must have outlines, stare long and carefully at this photograph. Yes, we all know it says "Nationals"...but look at the colors. See how they kinda "bleed," into each other? Admittedly this problem is worse when a lighter color outlines a darker color, but this is the exact reason the Twins' single-layer approach works so well: a/ clarity in legibility and b/ clarity in color usage. 

This. I think it’s a big reason why the “Twin Cities” alt grew on me so fast, because the solid navy on creme really does look so clean:

CcEGlen.jpg

Compare that to the pinstripe throwback (which I’ll always love, for nostalgic purposes), where the colors of the wordmark do sort of bleed into each other from a distance: 

YIClKls.jpg

(Boy was that a great uniform though. Better than anything they’d had since, before the redesign).

• Like 6