MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

The jersey is gorgeous and the hat with a blue brim provide a base for a new primary set.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

19 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

okay, fine, BFBS haters, you win this one. black pants take this from a 9/10 to like a 2.5/10 all on their own.

Obviously white pants would have been better.  Because this is baseball.

But the black pants are preferable to pants of the same colour as the jersey.  

The modified angular trident cap logo goes well with the Pilots-inspired "Seattle" lettering.   Just as the original rounded trident logo paired nicely with the original lettering.

Ruppert_Jones_1978.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Royal or maybe even yellow pants (and obviously white) make this great.  A blue-brim on the cap would make it even betterr.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

24 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Obviously white pants would have been better.  Because this is baseball.

But the black pants are preferable to pants of the same colour as the jersey.  

The modified angular trident cap logo goes well with the Pilots-inspired "Seattle" lettering.   Just as the original rounded trident logo paired nicely with the original lettering.

Ruppert_Jones_1978.jpg

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Royal or maybe even yellow pants (and obviously white) make this great.  A blue-brim on the cap would make it even betterr.

And I feel like blue pants wouldn't have been as bad as the black pants. Honestly I think gold would've been even worse. I think CaliforniaGlowin mentioned them dropping the pants eventually. If the normal white pants didn't have the navy pinstripe down the side, then the white pants would be a fine substitution. 

And my wallet definitely took a hit. Completely worth it. 

• Like 4

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The decision to go with black "slacks" for this set is made even weirder by the fact that the most recent team to unveil their City Connects less than two weeks ago also had black pants. 

Also, for claiming to honor "100 years of baseball in Seattle," the references to the Rainiers and Steelheads are dubious at best. 

• Like 2

Up until now, I thought the leaks showed navy blue trim. Knowing that it is black makes me like it a bit less. When I saw the trident cap logo, my interest was piqued. Then I saw the black bill which brought it down a notch. Then I saw the disgusting full uniform photo with black pants, and that brought it down at least another five notches. This is somewhere around a 3 or a 4 out of 10. Great jersey. Somewhat decent cap (hate the black, just like the Dodgers black trim), and the pants severely brings this down. I was very excited for this one and they blew it. At least with the Rangers, theirs feels somewhat throwback inspired so the black pants don’t feel totally out of left field. The Mariners are awful, though.

2 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

So instead of City Connect, we now have 2 uniforms that are just retro instead,

Atlanta and Seattle........

Running out of ideas Nike clowns?

This forum's insistence that Nike has total control over uniform design baffles me. Both of these teams chose to look like this

• Like 12

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

It looks like the leaked Mariners socks were a concept that was close to the final product, but underwent a logo swap. I bet the original cap was supposed to have the S with the compass and they changed it to the trident M later in the process. It would be odd otherwise to have an unrelated logo on the socks.

Leaked socks:

spacer.png

Official socks:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1

I was really liking everything until I got to the pants.  Such an awful choice and one that sounds like Nike pushed on them doing.  Probably have to give the set a 4-5/10 compared to a like a 7-8/10 with blue pants and a 9/10 with white pants.

• Like 1

Overall, I think this is a good City Connect uni, and it's certainly thousands of times better than the mess Texas put out a few weeks ago. I appreciate that they went with the trident M rather than the cartoony S it seemed as if they were planning to use weeks ago. And the black pants? They wouldn't be my first choice for this kind of uniform, but they're not a deal breaker for me either. However, I sincerely hope that this isn't a sneak peek of a future blue-yellow rebrand. Blue and teal fit the Mariners perfectly, and if they switch to the retro stylings full-time, they'll end up needlessly impeding on the identity the Brewers have been cultivating.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It looks like the leaked Mariners socks were a concept that was close to the final product, but underwent a logo swap. I bet the original cap was supposed to have the S with the compass and they changed it to the trident M later in the process. It would be odd otherwise to have an unrelated logo on the socks.

Leaked socks:

spacer.png

Official socks:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm glad they swapped it. The trident M is a much better logo

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad