MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 5/10/2023 at 8:59 PM, JTernup said:

I desperately want them to adopt powder blue pants. It just makes way too much sense at this point. You've got all these other teams creating contrived powder blue home alts and the Rays are the only team wearing powder the way it was originally intended and botch the pants.

Those powder blue pants are a 70's look right?

why should the rays go retro like that, when they were not even around back then?

MLB unis should have different colored jersey and pants, this is not basketball.

and it looks ridiculous, a pajama party/softball party, on the biggest stage!

• Dislike 3

On 5/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, NightmareinParis said:

Orioles jersey has supposedly leaked...

spacer.png

I saw a pic in a Facebook group of people who visit stadiums and this was in the background on the Jumbo Tron at OPACY. Looks like the same font: 

https://imgur.io/a/OQQ43fS

I cropped the person out. 

(also would now allow imgur link in Other Media to post right ) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sonny said:

I saw the black in the leaks and was like "Really?  We're really going full black after black infected the brand and never left like a cancer constantly threatening to bubble up with horrible consequences?"

But dangit, these are objectively kinda fire.  I blame it on how good a color scheme red and black is.  I don't really like these for the Reds, but would love to see this as the unis of a theoretical Vegas expansion.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm not a huge fan of the overall uniform (I think it would look better with red as the base color instead of black), but I'm surprised at how much I love that version of the wishbone C.

Speaking of the Reds, I just saw highlights of their game against Miami last night and finally realized that the inconsistency between the script, NOB and number on the Marlins' throwbacks kind of bothers me. Particularly the random double outlines on the numbers. I think it would have looked better if the NOB and numbers were teal with a single black outline to match the script.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Shoot……that modern take on the wishbone “C” is actually really, really, really cool. 

It absolutely shouldn’t be a full-time thing of course, but still. That’s an awesome cap logo. The red stripe on the cap is a nice touch too, which I’m assuming is a nod to team history:

spacer.png

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

FwAcvTPXwAAWpyV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The C on the right is really neat, but from a distance (as visible on the cap) it has a weird effect.  At a quick glance, I thought it looked like a blurry Flames logo.  But it's still a cool mark, even if it has nothing to do with the Reds.  It's clear that they're just designing cool-ish things, and then figuring out ways to get them on the field.  But I suppose if I was a Reds fan, I'd buy a cap with that logo on it (though maybe not with the red piping under it.)

What bothers me is that the cap C and jersey C are completely different.  The first jersey C doesn't match anything else - not the cap, not the socks, not even the other jersey C.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am not seeing what everyone else is seeing in this Reds jersey. The C logo is kind of cool but looks like an e-sports team. That much black on a baseball uniform (even the printing!) is simply awful.

So many of these City Connects feel like a half-baked MLB Redesign Concept thread by a design novice whose only interest is change for its own sake.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sonny said:

So apparently they're dubbing these as their "infrared" sets (not to be confused with the heralded CCSLC poster by the same name), which explains the inspiration. 

From the team's VP of marketing and commo:

“We see Cincinnati as this vibrant, energetic city. It’s a cutting-edge city," said Ralph Mitchell, the club's vice president of communications and marketing. "We draw parallels from that to our current roster. We’re an energetic, young team. There’s a parallel path between the city and its evolution and the team and its evolution.”

So there you have it. Not exactly Nikespeak since it didn't come directly from Nike, but sti—oh, wait:

Five "wavelength lines" extend throughout the side of the pants. According to Nike, the contemporary design of the piping signifies "moving forward and lighting the way to what comes next."

Well there you have it. 

I'll wait to see what our two resident Cincinnatians have to say about this before I throw my little two rusted Lincolns in the mix...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm surprised by the genuinely positive feedback for those; I think they're overall ugly. What's up with the cap logo? Does it mean something or is it just some modern design Nike created because whatever? I expected CINCY to be in there and I don't hate that at all. All black is excessive and I really wonder how much contrast there will be with the elements when they are on the field.

I was hoping for an old-timey fauxback, thinking that was more appropriate for such an old franchise. But most of the city connects suck so this will just be another one.

• Like 5

If they wanted some lame gimmick tied to their city, at least do something with "Queen City" lmao

The Reds wearing primarily black is a stupid, stupid move, too. Slapping black into their identity as it was already looked kinda bad, and now they're trying to jump on the "stealth" bandwagon far too late.

• Like 4

Astros:  Houston, the eagle has landed

Atlanta:  Keep swinging  #44

Cincinnati:  Cincinnati Reds 

🙄  👎 Jesus!

By the way, can anyone remember what the other CC jerseys said above the Nike jock tag ?

16 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Astros:  Houston, the eagle has landed

Atlanta:  Keep swinging  #44

Cincinnati:  Cincinnati Reds 

🙄  👎 Jesus!

By the way, can anyone remember what the other CC jerseys said above the Nike jock tag ?

San Francisco: Have you met Karl (the fog)? 

NYCdog.png