MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

The Twin's new M hat is really growing on me. I didn't start paying attention to the Twins really until target field opened when I was 9, so I don't have the nostalgia for the m logo like a lot of people do. Honestly, I kinda like the new one more than the old one, even if that makes me a heretic.            

I was lukewarm on it to start, too, but now I love it. In fact, I'm wearing that hat right now as I type.

I live in the St. Louis region, but from Minnesota, and made it back home last weekend to see a game at Target Field. They've really pushed that mark everywhere, including on  stadium seats and on the plastic helmets used as a nacho delivery system. (I bought those, too. ;) ) 

I've come to love everything about the new look. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

No pirates city connect leaks yet?

strange... we saw that Baltimore jersey leak long before they unleashed the horror on us.

Did the eye wounds from Baltimore's snoozefest heal? Are you ready for them to start bleeding again, this time because what you're seeing is ghastly instead of boring? Then by all means, bring on the Pirates' Cash Grab Connects! 🤢

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh...  I didn't notice until just now that those aren't the final socks we got for Baltimore.  Perhaps these were early pictures and not all made it to the final stage?

That's correct. The Mariners also had different socks, as the final version didn't have the S+Trident logo from the original leak.

On 6/1/2023 at 9:11 AM, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

The Twin's new M hat is really growing on me. I didn't start paying attention to the Twins really until target field opened when I was 9, so I don't have the nostalgia for the m logo like a lot of people do. Honestly, I kinda like the new one more than the old one, even if that makes me a heretic.            

On 6/1/2023 at 11:41 AM, gosioux76 said:

I was lukewarm on it to start, too, but now I love it. In fact, I'm wearing that hat right now as I type.

I live in the St. Louis region, but from Minnesota, and made it back home last weekend to see a game at Target Field. They've really pushed that mark everywhere, including on  stadium seats and on the plastic helmets used as a nacho delivery system. (I bought those, too. ;) ) 

I've come to love everything about the new look. 

I completely agree, although I’ve said as much from the beginning. 😉

tddyy1X.jpg

QODzkUh.jpg

amUlB8n.jpg

ljUQqmA.jpg

This is a top-5 uniform set in baseball, don’t @ me.

• Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Huh? 1

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

tddyy1X.jpg

QODzkUh.jpg

amUlB8n.jpg

ljUQqmA.jpg

The home whites absolutely pop. Home and road are both incredible in terms of color balance. 

• Like 8

I always love looking at MLB team logos, especially on this website.

But I was wondering if I could find the official team branding style guide (any team) anywhere so I can read through it? Or even just a one big chart of their logos and when certain logos can be used or not. 

Like this for the Big 12 - http://ncdadodgeball.com/media/teams/resources/Big12StyleGuide.pdf

I think it used to be accessible on pressbox.mlb.com but now one needs to log in for that kind of info. 

14 hours ago, MJD7 said:

tddyy1X.jpg

QODzkUh.jpg

amUlB8n.jpg

ljUQqmA.jpg

A Minnesota script that matches the Twins script would have been nice, and the Twin Cities alternate is rather dull.

I also still wish they had the balls to switch to purple and gold, but I realize it's an unpopular opinion.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

30 minutes ago, RoughRiders99 said:

But I was wondering if I could find the official team branding style guide (any team) anywhere so I can read through it? Or even just a one big chart of their logos and when certain logos can be used or not. 

Like this for the Big 12 - http://ncdadodgeball.com/media/teams/resources/Big12StyleGuide.pdf

I think it used to be accessible on pressbox.mlb.com but now one needs to log in for that kind of info. 

Leagues heavily restrict access to the style guides. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

58 minutes ago, RoughRiders99 said:

The closest you would get, at least uniform wise, would be Bill Henderson's Book

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

A Minnesota script that matches the Twins script would have been nice, and the Twin Cities alternate is rather dull.

I would be curious to see a matching "Minnesota" script, but I dig the arched away wordmark. I agreed with your sentiment about the Twin Cities alternate when it was unveiled, but the combination of just cream & navy has really grown on me.

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I also still wish they had the balls to switch to purple and gold, but I realize it's an unpopular opinion.

I wouldn't have hated this before the redesign, as I was open to them doing pretty much anything to improve their look. Now, I don't think it would work so well within this uniform set.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Leagues heavily restrict access to the style guides. 

Why? 

Would there be similar guides to this for other leagues or sports? 

I noticed it seems to be fairly easy finding style guides for NCAA teams, but not for pro teams. 

Such as this one - https://www.trademark.iastate.edu/files/documents/2021-11/iowastate_athletic.pdf

Edited by RoughRiders99
added link

5 minutes ago, RoughRiders99 said:

Why? 

Would there be similar guides to this for other leagues or sports? 

I noticed it seems to be fairly easy finding style guides for NCAA teams, but not for pro teams. 

Such as this one - https://www.trademark.iastate.edu/files/documents/2021-11/iowastate_athletic.pdf

Why? Outside of official media partners and producers of official merchandise, there's nothing in the style guides that anyone else NEEDS.  Many of us here would love the information, but that doesn't change a thing.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.