MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

6 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

If those are the colours, then the teal needs to be brighter, the navy darker, or both. Right now the two colours have a Luminescence value too close, and it doesn't really pop. 

He said these were reproductions of what he saw, so color might not be exactly 100%

47 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

All Star merch is out.  No jerseys yet.  

https://www.fansedge.com/en/mlb-all-star-game/o-1287+c-96409639+z-92756-2846502399?pageSize=72&sortOption=NewestArrivals

These are the hat styles.

mens-new-era-navy-tampa-bay-rays-2023-mlmens-new-era-mint-tampa-bay-rays-2023-ml

The workout hats with the team-specific color stripes are pretty nice…it’s an interesting idea. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Team color All Star hats are the way to go. Not sure why they don't just have individual jerseys for the game and special hats, I think that would be a much better deal.

The post-pandemic flip of what's worn for the Derby and what's worn for the game have been disastrous.

• Like 16

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Team color All Star hats are the way to go. Not sure why they don't just have individual jerseys for the game and special hats, I think that would be a much better deal.

From 2014-2019 that was what they did and it was a great way to still keep the wonderful assortment of looks while also connecting to the city they were playing in. Some were better than others, but I enjoyed that era of ASG looks (I'm still punching myself for not getting the panel front Twins hat from 2014)

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

18 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

From 2014-2019 that was what they did and it was a great way to still keep the wonderful assortment of looks while also connecting to the city they were playing in. Some were better than others, but I enjoyed that era of ASG looks (I'm still punching myself for not getting the panel front Twins hat from 2014)

Didn’t the Miami ASG only have orange and blue hats with that bubbly looking material? Maybe I’m misremembering.

Update:

There was this set...which I don't think was really ever worn, which was in blue and orange:

NWT St Louis Cardinals Home Run Derby 2017 MLB All Star Game Snapback Hat  Cap | eBay

But the 2017 ASG (which I think were the actual game hats) also had team color hats in this pattern, which were pretty nice though seemed to be better suited for the LA game than the Miami game:

Chris Creamer on Twitter: "2017 MLB All-Star Game caps will be in  individual team colours with all logos and patches now in gold More:  https://t.co/FIxKFRib4h https://t.co/2HJmCz7smy" / Twitter

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Didn’t the Miami ASG only have orange and blue hats with that bubbly looking material? Maybe I’m misremembering.

There was this set...which I don't think was really ever worn, which was in blue and orange:

NWT St Louis Cardinals Home Run Derby 2017 MLB All Star Game Snapback Hat  Cap | eBay

But the 2017 ASG also had team color hats in this pattern, which were pretty nice though seemed to be better for the LA game than the Miami game:

Chris Creamer on Twitter: "2017 MLB All-Star Game caps will be in  individual team colours with all logos and patches now in gold More:  https://t.co/FIxKFRib4h https://t.co/2HJmCz7smy" / Twitter

Yeah idk what the blue hat was. They had black hats for the derby, and then the gold logos for the game. Not my favorite year of the uniform ASG hats. I was a much bigger fan of 2014, 2015, 2018, and 2019 hats

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I really just want the consistent pattern of team Home/Away uniform and fun local host inspired cap. 

Plain uniforms with a side patch is lame.

mlb_allstar10_800.jpg

Going all-in on host team branding can be fun, but easily goes too far in the direction of local beer league uni IMO

all-star.jpg

Going with a totally new/random design like the last several years is also bad IMO.

071421-GettyImages-1328599756.jpeg?quali

Wearing the team uniform with a patch and a special host-themed hat really works for me. This hits the perfect sweet spot of team-recognition and fun host-theming (and will help drive merch sales, which we know are key).

mlb.jpg

• Like 19

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

1 minute ago, Green27 said:

Wearing the team uniform with a patch and a special host-themed hat really works for me. This hits the perfect sweet spot of team-recognition and fun host-theming (and will help drive merch sales, which we know are key).

mlb.jpg

Oh no...  I did not realize until now how ad patches are going to further mess things up when we do the All-Star Game.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 6/19/2023 at 8:46 PM, McCall said:

Why stay and do the same thing in a crappy stadium? That doesn't mean people in Vegas won't show up to games. They're moving because of the crappy stadium. Not because people didn't show up when they traded players.

okay, got it....... still, it's not a completely crazy idea that trading your best players again and again could drive just a tiny bit of the fans away .

The end.

1 hour ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Apparently those All Star patches and designs are worth an extra $8...almost $50 for a friggin hat 🤨

Maybe if the added an ad to the hat, it would be cheaper to purchase?

😅

-

Same with park hot dogs, they put a ad sticker on your wiener and you get it $2 cheaper! 

Or they finally can afford to ad that pitcher you always wanted!

On 6/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, Seido_Ace said:

I'm anticipating new uniforms, or at least some changes to the current set (other than just swapping Oakland with Las Vegas of course).

Would be shocked if the name changed.

Not commenting on your other question because that's off topic, so will only add - Viva Las Vegas! ;)

So here is the thing...if you're gonna stay the "A's" and move to Vegas.  The city connect should be so obvious...

1. Either you are putting the "A's" capital "A" in the corner of an enlarged playing card, with an elephant in the center (or)

2. Or your logo is an enlarged poker chip with the green/yellow dashes around the outside, and baseball stitches, And "A's" in the center of the chip

Either way, back of the CC jersey should be a poker hand of 5 green/yellow/white [fanned out] playing cards, with the number in the center of the top one, and an "A" in the corners (for Aces). 

• Like 3

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

On 6/16/2023 at 1:52 PM, Seido_Ace said:

I'm anticipating new uniforms, or at least some changes to the current set (other than just swapping Oakland with Las Vegas of course).

Would be shocked if the name changed.

Not commenting on your other question because that's off topic, so will only add - Viva Las Vegas! ;)

Agreed. I don't anticipate the changes will be major though, I think at most we'll se a change full-time to kelly green, maybe some stripes on the sleeves & pants, and an updated primary logo.

I wouldn't want them to switch to Vegas gold, and I don't think they will. It would just look way too drab to me, it works for the Milwaukee Bucks, but not the A's. Maybe they could call it Vegas gold, but still keep it the same shade.

• Like 2

well, the obvious reason for multiple hats and jerseys are for merchandise purposes, but I can picture a big conference call where owners and companies are complaining that “if you wear the regular uniforms, the quickcrete guy gets more exposure cause more braves made it”  I’m curious to see the game uniforms cause it’s listed as a mint color and both leagues are using the same cap.

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

The Y represents the 3 Rivers (a la Chicago) but what does the square shape signify? 

Not a fan of the PGH abbreviation. I understand probably not wanting to use Steel City (due to the Steelers) but why not use “Three Rivers?” Would’ve been a good call back to the former home (Three Rivers Stadium), in addition to a moniker for the city. 

• Like 6
NYCdog.png

3 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

The Y represents the 3 Rivers (a la Chicago) but what does the square shape signify? 

Not a fan of the PGH abbreviation. I understand probably not wanting to use Steel City (due to the Steelers) but why not use “Three Rivers?” Would’ve been a good call back to the former home (Three Rivers Stadium), in addition to a moniker for the city. 

The 'Burgh probably would have been a decent option too. PGH definitely seems lazy. 

• Like 2