MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

This is a disgrace to anything and everything that this site, that uniform aesthetics has ever stood for. The most mythical, timeless, untouchable jersey in sports (literally not updated in almost a century) now has a 🤬ing ad patch.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

spacer.png

Immediately what came to mind.  The foundational pillar of uniform dignity has crumbled.

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

At this point, the Yankees might as well sell naming rights to the stadium as well. If the most iconic uniform in North American sports isn't sacred from cash grabs, then nothing else is either. Rip the entire Band-Aid off and just be done with it.

What? You don't want Yankees legends like Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig to be honored at Insurance Dungeon Stadium? You don't want Aaron Judge to hit a walk off homer into the Credit Pit Section of Insurance Dungeon Stadium?

• LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

At this point, the Yankees might as well sell naming rights to the stadium as well. If the most iconic uniform in North American sports isn't sacred from cash grabs, then nothing else is either. Rip the entire Band-Aid off and just be done with it.

This really should've been what they did first if they felt like they were hard up for cash. Fans still would've been upset, but not nearly as much compared to the jersey. I still expect at some point we'll get something like *insert sponsor here* Field at Yankee Stadium.

Who would've thought we'd see Yankee players wearing ad patches before seeing them with beards?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Who would've thought we'd see Yankee players wearing ad patches before seeing them with beards?

Beards and long hair don't add money to their pockets.

If there's anything we can all agree on, it's that the Yankees need more money.

The other weird thing about this is that no one has ever heard of this insurance company. How did they end up bagging the jersey advertising rights for the Yankees?  Surely the Yankees could have chosen a more prestigious advertiser.

4 minutes ago, ruttep said:

The other weird thing about this is that no one has ever heard of this insurance company. How did they end up bagging the jersey advertising rights for the Yankees?  Surely the Yankees could have chosen a more prestigious advertiser.

Starr Companies owns a swanky private golf course in Brewster, and this is 100% part of a stupid arrangement to get a handful of Yankees brass membership.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really like the ASG jerseys by themselves. But the caps didn't really go and I don't know what color they were supposed to be (gray? tan? greenish?) and whoever decided the NL should wear black pants was an F'ing moron. Black pants are terrible as is, but with navy jerseys it's even worse, then you add in the whatever color the hats are on top of it.

(PS go back to the old format we're players wear their normal uniform)

7 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

🚨🚨🚨YANKEES HAVE GIVEN IN🚨🚨🚨

The Yankee$ haven't GIVEN IN to a damned thing. They've jumped in with both feet. I'm actually surprised they waited this long. Once the mark of the beast was on the front of the Yankee$' jerseys, THIS was only a matter of time. At least it's subtle-ish.

Edited by M59
Stuff

5 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I know if it was up to me I'd rather Yankee Stadium become Starr Insurance Stadium and the uniforms be left alone, but I'm not sure the general fanbase would feel the same way. There's probably a certain sacredness to both but also a quick "I'll get over it" for most fans that would not visit this board.

That all said, if there's one uniform for which ads are going to generate outrage from the fans, it's this one. I'm not sure how it's playing with the fans but it's not like people are going to stop following the team. 

Along with selling naming rights to the stadium, I don't really see any reason not to have a dark alternate to at least wear on the road and maybe an alternate cap (white or silver bill, perhaps). 

I guess I'm stuck in a past decade because I thought there was a chance the Yankees would not do this.

I would not be surprised if the rest of the teams speed up their process of getting sponsors. "If the Yankees are doing it to the pinstripes, what's the point of us no having ads yet?"

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If I was an MLB player, I'd do what I can to get my next contract to stipulate that I will not be the model for an new uniform ad sponship posts/ads.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)