MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

I... don't know how to feel about that Charlotte kit. Purple and blue is a nice color scheme and very Charlotte, but the pink feels out of place. I'll wait to pass final judgement until I see the kit in its full context but I'm not holding my breath. At least we'll have our primary kits this year as well.

• Applause 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

46 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

A better look at RSL away and, is, is it literally just a Columbus Crew jersey recolored with an RSL crest? Is that not the same pattern that Columbus has on their home jerseys?

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/01/real-salt-lake-2023-away-kit.html?m=1

Similar, but not the same.  
spacer.png

spacer.png

The RSL pattern is a bunch of hexagons, which combined with the yellow base color seems to be a nod to Utah being the Beehive State.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I would definitely not call it lazy - but I'm a designer so I get semi offended by people calling shirts lazy, lol. It looks like it could make a decent Barcelona away kit in an alternate universe - which is ironic, considering they're called Real. No? I'll see myself out...

30 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

I would definitely not call it lazy - but I'm a designer so I get semi offended by people calling shirts lazy, lol. It looks like it could make a decent Barcelona away kit in an alternate universe - which is ironic, considering they're called Real. No? I'll see myself out...

I'm a Rapids fan so I HATE RSL and am pretty biased against them... but that was their entire intention. Salt Lake had almost no soccer culture to draw off of so they purposefully called themselves Real and chose BYU and Utah U colors. From the beginning they were aware that they were using Barcelona colors but they seem to almost embrace that. It's incredibly uninspired and lame in my opinion and is truly the "original sin" that lead to such a boring and uninspired run of kits.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/how-real-salt-lake-got-their-name-and-colors

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

26 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Oh, don’t worry, the fake Real team using Barcelona’s color scheme has been a thorn in my side since day one. Par for the course for their branding though.

https://cdn.footballkitarchive.com/2021/04/13/JK58yIsj7EsbRH0.jpg

https://cdn.footballkitarchive.com/2021/04/13/dvVUepMdWiGl3WH.jpg

I also thought the asymmetric sleeves from 12-13 should be the traditional home kit for RSL, I don't think it looks amazing but would be unique and help them have some identity.

Best look yet at the new NYRB shirt:

I really don’t mind the color scheme at all, but I’m still not sold on the pattern (at least it’s original instead of a recycled graphic) and really hate the full color Red Bull logo on the chest since both the white and golden yellow clash with the pale yellow of the shirt. Doesn’t bother me as much on the crest, but the chest logo should’ve been monochrome blue or red.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I really don’t mind the color scheme at all, but I’m still not sold on the pattern (at least it’s original instead of a recycled graphic) and really hate the full color Red Bull logo on the chest since both the white and golden yellow clash with the pale yellow of the shirt. Doesn’t bother me as much on the crest, but the chest logo should’ve been monochrome blue or red.

Maybe the color is to match their energy drink coloring 🤣

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like moldy cheese. Just... weird.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I love this, it might be the best kit Red Bull has ever had.