Minnesota Twins New Identity

Zooropeanx

8 minutes ago, jdthrillinger said:

Liking my predictions even more after recent leaks.

Home- White, TWINS red, front number navy, name navy, number red

Away- Grey, MINNESOTA Navy, front number red, name red, back number navy

Alt- Navy, MINNESOTA white, front number red, name red, back number white

Alt- Powder Blue, TWINS red, front number navy, name navy, back number red

Alt- White, TWIN CITIES navy, front number navy, name navy, back number navy

I think you are right on the money.

Assuming the Twin Cities Uniform will be the city connect for 2024 as well!

• Like 1

Uh oh.

I’m hearing some bad news. There will only be three uniforms revealed, with two hats..powder blue and the Minnie and Paul handshake logo are gone.

so that makes it the;

Home White

Alt Navy

Away?

Troubling news to be honest. Not only will traditionalists be upset that the Minnie and Paul logo is gone, but many that love the powder blue will be upset as well.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Kg54mvp said:

Uh oh.

I’m hearing some bad news. There will only be three uniforms revealed, with two hats..powder blue and the Minnie and Paul handshake logo are gone.

so that makes it the;

Home White

Alt Navy

Away?

Troubling news to be honest. Not only will traditionalists be upset that the Minnie and Paul logo is gone, but many that love the powder blue will be upset as well.

I could see them removing Minnie & Paul from the uniform, but not from their overall graphic package, considering how prominent that logo is  behind center field at Target Field.

Speaking of that, I'm curious as to whether they'll be updating the giant stadium signage with this brand update. The Minnie & Paul sign uses the old baseball logo, and the prior wordmark is pretty ginormous above the left-center scoreboard. 

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

I could see them removing Minnie & Paul from the uniform, but not from their overall graphic package, considering how prominent that logo is  behind center field at Target Field.

Speaking of that, I'm curious as to whether they'll be updating the giant stadium signage with this brand update. The Minnie & Paul sign uses the old baseball logo, and the prior wordmark is pretty ginormous above the left-center scoreboard. 

I really hope they don’t remove it in any way. I know there was some controversy because the players in the logo were “only white” (sigh..)

they are getting a new scoreboard and I’d assume replacing the minny and Paul sign in the outfield as well.

On 8/8/2022 at 4:00 PM, WSU151 said:

SMU's D-Dallas logo is still just an alternate look, much like a DFW hat for the Rangers could be with City Connect or something. SMU doesn't have a state in its name so it's still not quite apples-to-apples to the Texas Rangers. 

There's no rule in baseball that everything HAS to be about the city. We've seen it with Colorado, Florida, and Texas that non-city names work just fine. 

Rangers City Connect: A uniform split down the center with one half representing Dallas and one half representing Forth Worth 

On 8/26/2022 at 6:36 PM, VampyrRabbit said:

Colorado does work better than Florida and Texas IMO, considering that Denver is by far the largest city in the state and the majority of the states population lives in the Denver area.

And if I recall correctly, wasn't most of the fanbase of the Marlins in favour of Miami as the identifier instead of Florida?

Texas works because the name together makes something.  Same with Colorado Rockies even if it weren't the biggest concentration of people.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:33 AM, gosioux76 said:

I'm no expert, but I suspect it has to do with the descending size of the script from large down to small as it moves from left to right, suggesting it's shrinking, or "vanishing."

Went to school for architecture at a time when the old teachers were still teaching hand-rendering.  When drawing with perspective, the vanishing point is the point towards which all lines are leading.

On 11/10/2022 at 4:57 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Look at the very top of this image. That looks like the edge of a sleeve patch:

FhJEqwEWQAcS6eh?format=jpg&name=large

Could also be the serif'd bottom of the T if they're putting the TC on the sleeve like on the Homerdome unis.  That would mean the striped would be much more modern-sized than the 70's look.

On 11/10/2022 at 7:05 PM, MJD7 said:

I've tried it a few times in the past, but it's never really looked right to me. Here's an updated attempt:

TyK0z4s.png

I've said every year since Kasota Gold came:

Navy Twins wordmark with red outline on pinstripes at home.  Can be either print or script as long as it's clean.  Both would be a beautiful update of their original look.

Script Minnesota in the same colors on gray.  Basically the ones from the last 10 years.

White Twins wordmark with navy outline on a red jersey with navy piping as a home alt

White script  Minnesota with red outline on a navy jersey with red piping as a road alt.  Basically the same as the last 10 years.

Carew red-crown and thick stripes throwback for a few day games

Kirby Homerdome throwback for a few night games a month

Honor all eras, enjoy nostalgia while continuing forward.  Some great looks.  Fun times for all.  Maybe even throw in the Mauer white-panel helmet at home.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:37 PM, MJD7 said:

Here's a comparsion of the current/outgoing "TC" with my slightly rough attempt to predict the new one, based off of the cap leak. 

Cx4o6V9.png

I've got to be honest, if this is similar to how it turns out, the new mark is growing on me. I didn't think it was possible to improve upon the TC, but I think they might have. The T flows better with the C, and the spacing between the letters makes it more readable.

It feels unbalanced to me.  Like the old one was a perfect mix of the two but the new one looks like I'm getting too much T.  It's more massive and now much taller.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kg54mvp said:

Uh oh.

so that makes it the;

Home White

Alt Navy

Away?

Would've been nice if the powder blue was just the road uniform.

1 hour ago, Kg54mvp said:

Uh oh.

so that makes it the;

Home White

Alt Navy

Away?

I'm concerned that the 3 uniforms are the home "Twins" on white, road "Minnesota" on navy blue, and the alternate is the cream with "Twin Cities" on it

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

11 hours ago, baseballfan2021 said:

Perhaps a powder blue set to be unveiled?

I think this makes powder blue significantly more likely to remain in this new set. It would be too random to be the base color of a new shirt for it not to appear in the new branding somehow. I really hope it does.

I think if they do have a powder blue jersey though (and I hope they do), it needs outlines for the text. I imagine red would get lost on the powder blue background & be difficult to read. Maybe they could do a white outline, similar to their Players' Weekend design:

1042022414.jpg.0.jpg

11 hours ago, Bmac said:

Based on that teaser image from this morning:

spacer.png

I think/hope the sleeve striping will be white/navy/red, to separate the white & red much like the TC, but otherwise I'd be really happy with this as the navy alternate.

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Do we know there's even going to be a grey jersey for Minnesota?

I was wondering the same thing myself. I imagine there will be, as the Twins have never struck me as the type of team to do something adventurous like being the first team without a gray(ish) road jersey, but we'll see. 

8 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

Uh oh.

so that makes it the;

Home White

Alt Navy

Away?

This is 100% false, as Twins president Dave St. Peter confirmed that the Minnie & Paul logo will remain, albeit with some "tweaks."

The t-shirt leak also strongly suggests that powder blue will be part of the color palette to some degree. 

7 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

It's confirmed the scoreboard will be updated, and presumably, the Minnie & Paul logo will be too.

7 hours ago, kryptik11 said:

Where is the news about an "M" on the hat coming from?

Is it total speculation as to the design or is the mockup with the 4 point star based on an account from someone who has seen it?

There were multiple rumors of an M hat with a star on it back when the announcement was made in September, although I'm not sure I know of anyone actually having seen it yet.

6 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

It feels unbalanced to me.  Like the old one was a perfect mix of the two but the new one looks like I'm getting too much T.  It's more massive and now much taller.

Seeing the logo on the t-shirt, I do think the T is a little bit too tall. Oddly enough though, seeing this new logo has made me realize that, on the old TC, the line weight of the C is noticeably thicker than the T, and now it bothers me. I'm glad they seem to have fixed it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Speaking of that, I'm curious as to whether they'll be updating

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I think this makes powder blue significantly more likely to remain in this new set. It would be too random to be the base color of a new shirt for it not to appear in the new branding somehow. I really hope it does.

I think if they do have a powder blue jersey though (and I hope they do), it needs outlines for the text. I imagine red would get lost on the powder blue background & be difficult to read. Maybe they could do a white outline, similar to their Players' Weekend design:

1042022414.jpg.0.jpg

I think/hope the sleeve striping will be white/navy/red, to separate the white & red much like the TC, but otherwise I'd be really happy with this as the navy alternate.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I imagine there will be, as the Twins have never struck me as the type of team to do something adventurous like being the first team without a gray(ish) road jersey, but we'll see. 

This is 100% false, as Twins president Dave St. Peter confirmed that the Minnie & Paul logo will remain, albeit with some "tweaks."

The powder blue t-shirt leak also strongly suggests that powder blue will be part of the color pallete to some degree. 

It's confirmed the scoreboard will be updated, and presumably, the Minnie & Paul logo will be too.

I hope this is the case and what I’m hearing is hogwash.

Forgot about St. Peter saying Minnie and Paul would stay. Let’s just hope powder blue does too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Source of this? If it's real, I'm disappointed.  They REALLY need outlines and neck Piping. Also, no Gray uniform is a BIG NO. 

Nothing official. Was looking at #MNTwins hashtag to see if there was any news and saw this. It seems kinda close to the details we have (number colors should be different though). I'm not a fan either and I really fear they might ditch road greys like the Rays are planning and like the Padres tried to do by making the brown jersey their regular away, this might confirm it.