Minnesota Twins New Identity

Zooropeanx

17 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Source of this? If it's real, I'm disappointed.  They REALLY need outlines and neck Piping. Also, no Gray uniform is a BIG NO. 

Get used to it, I think the trend is shifting slightly.  The Rays beat writer for the Tampa Bay Times confirmed the Rays were dropping the gray jersey in 2023.  No word on if the navy or columbia blue jerseys will get a redesign but the color will stay.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Nothing official. Was looking at #MNTwins hashtag to see if there was any news and saw this. It seems kinda close to the details we have (number colors should be different though). I'm not a fan either and I really fear they might ditch road greys like the Rays are planning and like the Padres tried to do by making the brown jersey their regular away, this might confirm it.

I would not be surprised if this was the actual home uniforms but with blue front numbers. The navy jersey appears similar to what the teasers have suggested.

9 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Get used to it, I think the trend is shifting slightly.  The Rays beat writer for the Tampa Bay Times confirmed the Rays were dropping the gray jersey in 2023.  No word on if the navy or columbia blue jerseys will get a redesign but the color will stay.

The big question remains pant shades. The Rays going with Columbia blue for a road jersey is nothing, what really counts is whether the pants will match. Recall that the Padres wanted to go full softball top on the road but MLB would not permit it and so the glorious sand pinstripes were cooked up at the last minute. Similarly, it wouldn't shock me if they opted for a navy blue jersey on the road but I would want to see matching pants.

• Like 1

I've been advocated for the NPB-style colored top look on the road for a while. In my ideal world that would include white pants because the home team would only wear white but I'm more than happy to settle for gray pants.

the user formerly known as cdclt

52 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

It's fake

I believe that's pretty doggone close (like 90%) to the real thing; but we'll see come Friday, they say? If they include the front numbers I'm 100% positive it'll be navy. The big question is whether the back number will be red or navy...I'm gonna guess at navy NOB and red number, to keep with the single-layer duality going on here (which actually makes a load of sense for a team whose whole identity is built off twin entities). Now about the neck piping: whether the real jerseys include it or not is yet to be seen, but looking at that mockup, I think I prefer without, if only because it then pulls more of the eye's attention to the dual stripe motif going on (after seeing the chest script, of course). I can see how some would call that "too plain", but in this instance--and presuming they're intending to stick with this look for more than a handful of years--less is best, if only to establish a new contemporary classic aesthetic, which it looks like they may have achieved pretty well.

The one I'm most curious about is the Twin Cities deal...to me its a bit redundant, considering "Twins" itself already references the Cities...and with that being on those pennants, I don't see that being a City Connect as much as part of a planned regular rotation. For one, something that simple doesn't fit Nike's MO for specialty one-offs such as City Connect and for two, I keep thinking about the supposed M* hats to come, and wondering if a Twin Cities alt jersey is to be paired with a M* hat.

(And of course, the other thing about "Twin Cities": what about the rest of Minnesota? Which also is another reason the entire notion of city connect was, to me, shortsighted to begin with--especially when some teams represent entire metro if not regional areas--but that's another topic for another forum.)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Saw this on Twitter

spacer.png 

The stupid swoosh is bigger than some of the letters.  Looks absurd on the white one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One thing I am seeing on the concepts based on the teasers is a lot of separation of the colors. Red and blue barely ever touch on the jerseys. It seems like that's a trend. Like with the white wild jersey using no red on the trim, the Canucks keeping green on the logo, and more I'm not thinking of off top of my head.  I'm not a fan of that. If this plays out, I think this is going to be one of my least favorite Twins looks because of it. 

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

20 minutes ago, csura999 said:

I'm just concerned if the navy alternates for the Twins have a red NOB or number, that they will get lost against the navy background with no outline.

It will be like Cleveland's old Block C cap, I imagine.

I'm wondering about that, too. It looked like one of the navy t-shirts in that leak photo had a red number with white NOB--that'd be about the worst possible way to go, being that white is far more visible against navy than red. One would hope they took that crucial piece of visual hierarchy into account--but sometimes, you just never know until you know. (Which will be Friday unless someone catches a leak before then.)

EDIT: looks like I guessed right on then benchmarking the Padres for the direction of their new brand identity. From TwinsDaily.com:

"The Padres are a great example — they went with a refresh that actually reached back to their origins, but they did it in a really bold, dynamic way," St. Peter also said. "It wasn't just a cookie-cutter of what Steve Garvey wore in 1984. And our goals are the same. How do you pay tribute to that history and heritage but do it in a very modern way?"

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

3 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

The jerseys won't have neck piping

The previous set had some form of neck piping on both navy jerseys, so Buxton is wearing the new navy jersey in this teaser

And in the one shot where he says "begins" you can clearly see the white home jersey does not have any piping or stripes on the neck / collar area. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baseballfan2021 said:

And theeerrrree it is--called it. Red script and navy number on front of the home whites, all single layer. I presume it'll be (at least it better be) navy NOB red number on back.

Also, kudos to whoever it was that spotted the serifs on the numbers being inspired by the serifs on the (I presume to be) now-outgoing wordmark. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sitboaf said:

Does it bother anyone else that we're at the dawn of a rebrand, and these 2 jerseys look like they belong to 2 different teams?

Nah. Kansas City has different home and road uniforms, along with the Yankees, Mets, Tigers, Guardians, White Sox, Cubs, Giants, Rangers, Reds, and Pirates

• Like 5

Sorry, I'm on an iPad