Minnesota Twins New Identity

Zooropeanx

Pinstripes on the roads but not the homes works pretty well for me here. Especially appreciate the subtlety of the grey pinstripes, it works well. Otherwise not crazy about any of it... still feel the script is well-designed but feels a touch too weightless. The typeface works well in the Minnesota mark but not sure about the numbers, feels like it might be dated quickly. The M-star logo looks nice, but will never be an upgrade over the TC cap logo, which is the Twins quirk that they should always keep. Though the worst part is the single-color TC, ick, maybe that should have been where the M-star comes in.

• Like 3

IMO, they should've given the cream alts pinstripes to tie in to the original uniforms, but also to allow pinstripes at home in some fashion to go along with them on the roads. Overall, I don't hate this look. The new scripts look very clean and combine both instances of their wordmark.

• Like 5

So...Minnie and Paul replaced by Twin Flags. Interesting concept for the cream alts, but I'm sure a sizeable segment of (whatever exists of) Twins Nation are probably miffed the old M&P is gone--unless it ain't. (Still waiting on a logo slick, official or semi-official, to confirm.)

I'll have a more thorough review later...because I'm sure you're all looking forward to my Twins New Uniform Deep Dive Analysis, right? 😄

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, tBBP said:

So...Minnie and Paul replaced by Twin Flags. Interesting concept for the cream alts, but I'm sure a sizeable segment of (whatever exists of) Twins Nation are probably miffed the old M&P is gone--unless it ain't. (Still waiting on a logo slick, official or semi-official, to confirm.)

It's gone I believe. I am sad about it! But oh well, I still have Minnie and Paul merch I can rock.

I guess if you're gonna play like a minor league team you might as well look like one too

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 2

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Farewell to the Castor and Pollux of the Midwest.

Overall these are pretty good. I really like the cream alt. I'd swap the colors of the NOB and number on the road jersey but that's about it.

I'm sure we'll see the TC cap paired with the alternate jersey and the road uniform at some point. Also might see the white pants on the road.

• Like 1

I enjoy the overall visual vibe, but some of the details bother me. Namely, why build an entire font off your old script to be used for "MINNESOTA", the M logo, and jerseys numbers, then change that script?

• Like 4

Honestly, I think it looks nice. The core essentials are all there, the logos all look good and there's no dumb superfluous colors like "Kasota gold" to muck it up; it's the right kind of streamlining.

About the only thing I kinda wish they did was have a powder alternate, otherwise it's a nice look for the team.

• Like 3

• Home Jersey: C-. I think the red script is too bright. I'd rather it it outlined in blue (and thereby made thicker). I don't really like the state/star patch. Front number does help avoid the boringness of the last home jersey.
  • Road Jersey: B. I am not a fan of pinstripes on road. But without those, that jersey would be may favorite of the bunch. Maybe I prefer the blue wordmark and red number to vice/versa or maybe the grey tones down the brightness of the red. The pinstripes might be the least-obvious ones in MLB history (which mitigates the issues, I suppose)
  • Twin Cities jersey: B+. I'm torn here. Aestetically, it's the most appealing jersey to me by a long shot. But I don't like the absence of Red and using "Twin Cities" to me is like using "Windy City" for Chicago. Is this the City alt? If so, it's one of the best. But it's not really the identity I want to be highlighted.
  • Blue jersey: C-. It's roughly what you'd expect from this set but the white letters make it look pretty plain.
  • Primary hat: B. It's fine...but not a great enough change to warrant an A or a D.
  • "M" hat: C-. I think it's the biggest departure this set makes from their identity. The T-wolves star isn't visible from afar. I started out with a "D" but upped it at the thought of the "M" being a potential nod to the Senators "W".
  • Twin Cities hat: C+. Not necessary and omits a team color. But a bit of a bump for the "C" not being lost on the background.

I won't miss Minnie and Paul (though I'm not sold on the flags logo) or the gold. So there is some addition by subtraction for me.

Overall this is not a flop but certainty isn't the best they've ever looked. That red wordmark just sticks out more than it should and I really think fans would have like something with pinstripes that's closer to the 1960s alts they were wearing until a few years ago. They'll be, as they usually are, a middle-of-the-pack team.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

The only thing I hate is the M logo, but I can't really say that I like these.

They just feel unfinished.

Unfinished is a good way to put it. I like them well enough but feel a bit disappointed and I can't quite put my finger on it. I was hoping they'd feel more like the Brewers recent re-brand where it felt like a great update on their traditional look. This just isn't quite that.

The road pinstripes are nice, but everything else is a bit underwhelming. I also wish the cream alternates had some red in the uniform and am not a fan of the mono colored TC logo.

• Like 3

I visited Target this year and met up with some fans, and my take away is that the M hat was a necessity. Most of MN doesn't live in the Twin Cities, and don't identify with the city or hats, and for them, the M is preferred Twins hat, and I saw a lot of them wearing the metrodome era M. 

• Like 5

Anubis.png

2 minutes ago, Stu-BallsOmnicorp said:

Unfinished is a good way to put it. I like them well enough but feel a bit disappointed and I can't quite put my finger on it. I was hoping they'd feel more like the Brewers recent re-brand where it felt like a great update on their traditional look. This just isn't quite that.

The road pinstripes are nice, but everything else is a bit underwhelming. I also wish the cream alternates had some red in the uniform and am not a fan of the mono colored TC logo.

Totally agree, they're okay but just not quite there. 

Add outlines to the wordmarks/numbers and piping to the neck and this is probably a great set of uniforms.

10 minutes ago, eRay said:

I enjoy the overall visual vibe, but some of the details bother me. Namely, why build an entire font off your old script to be used for "MINNESOTA", the M logo, and jerseys numbers, then change that script?

The script appears to be a middle ground between the old-school cursive and the Metrodome wordmark.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12