Patriots Super Bowl Patch

swisherHOU

What about the Marlins? :therock:

i remember that one too, but I sort of associate it with the Indians, seeing as they always did it when they were winning division titles in the mid and late 90s :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

from patriots store.

"On September 9, 2004, The New England Patriots will honor their 2003 Super Bowl XXXVIII World Championship title by wearing a commemorative patch during their Opening Night matchup against The Indianapolis Colts. The Patriots are the first team in the NFL to sport a Super Bowl patch, and it will only be worn during this game."

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

I like the idea of a patch. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they wore them all game. They were champs, I don't think there's anything wrong with being proud of that fact.

And I must say, it looked great on Tom Brady when he got the PFA's Las Vegas Wolfpack 22 points. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

Except that in today's NFL, from year to year there's more than a couple players (sometimes key players) that would wear the patch that weren't even on the title winning team. Corey Dillon in this case comes to mind.

If they're going for the championship belt effect, they should wear their rings during the game. If you have five rings, wear them all. :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like it when teams wear championship patches... it's like a boxer wearing his championship belt.

Yeah and then you have the rookies who are wearing but don't deserve to!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

But then again, the Minnesota Twins are going to wear a "40th Anniversary American League Champions" patch in 2005.

Why?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Wow.. anniversary patches for stuff when they didnt win it all? Wow.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i like the idea of the Champs sporting the patch for the home opener. it's even nice to see them start the season with a good matchup game in primetime. trophy presentation for the fans. good call all around on that one.

just drop the damn rock-n-rap entertainment pregame/halftime shows

the super bowl i kinda get (there may be some non-football people partying near the big screen) but all the other showings, it's too much.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

just drop the damn rock-n-rap entertainment pregame/halftime shows

the super bowl i kinda get (there may be some non-football people partying near the big screen) but all the other showings, it's too much.

Just as long as Janet Jackson keeps coming back! :D

I would post a photo but I'm afraid Creamer would knock it right off.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived