NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

28 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

35+ users on one thread, 30 hours before a leak-less uni reveal, and spiraling out of control. This is great to watch.

Me, a casual-at-best football fan, watching this thread sell style guides like fugazi Nikes, argue over the words "ochre" and "gamboge," and post the best memes these boards have seen in years

spongebob-eating.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • LOL 10

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I can't understand the disdain for the Panthers, either. I've always liked their uniforms...I don't like, however, some of what they've done to/with them lately

Now the Snatit is a different story. From having lived in Nashville when those first came out to now, I've tried—really hard, in fact—to find some redeeming quality in those sets, and to date, I've found exactly two. I will say that I like the shape of the shoulder yokes—I've even somewhat reluctantly come around on the two-tone gray treatment (two-tone blue, two-tone gray...ehh, I'll let it ride). With that, and it being the same color on all their jerseys, I also like how the two-tone grays plays against each individual jersey color; coincidentally, I find myself liking it best with the columbia blue jerseys. But that for me is where it stops. Now I can't get on Nike for the navy helmets, as I think that was the league's idea to go from white to navy, but that logo really doesn't read well against the navy helmet...and that silver/white stripe is just out of place (perhaps its too should've been two-tone gray). Then there's the numbers, a classic case of Nike "doing too much"...especially when one number pair, 11, looks stitched on backwards. But perhaps my biggest gripe—and this is probably more on the team since I watched this slowly happen during the years I lived there—is how they pushed their most identifiable brand element—columbia blue—not even to the back burner, but dang near completely off the stove. 

Now, if y'all wanna know something funny...

I've always felt the Cardinals' uniforms got more hate than warranted. Of course that won't matter after today so... 🤷🏿‍♂️

Oh wow. I don't know how I've never seen those before (what team is that?), but that color combo actually looks pretty nice!

Jacksonville Bulls — a USFL team from the 80s.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

7 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Oh wow. I don't know how I've never seen those before (what team is that?), but that color combo actually looks pretty nice!

Jacksonville Bulls.  USFL 1.0.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

11 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I don't think that's what we're getting, but here's a reminder that could absolutely rule:

spacer.png

This would be the absolute best case scenario for the rumored color scheme, but the problem is that it makes absolutely zero sense for the Cardinals. I like the idea of trying something completely different in order to try and revive a historically bad franchise with little current direction, but I'm not fond of them overhauling a color scheme they've stuck with for 80 years. I fully expect this rebrand to be among Nike's absolute worst. Even memorably bad is better than completely forgettable, depending on how you look at it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

So, just for kicks, I went to Bing's Image Creator, typed in "New Arizona Cardinals helmet white background yellow beak", and got...

...well, let's just say Nike's never done anything as bad or awful as that. 

One of the four images literally had a logo where half of the decal wasn't stuck to the helmet but was hanging off in the air, like someone stopped applying the decal halfway through attaching it to the shell. And it might have been the best of the four.

In all this, let's give credit where credit is due: somehow, some way, the Cardinals have [thus far] managed to keep this whole thing tightly concealed under lock and key...for that they deserve HUGE props. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Chargers alternate white helmet with navy mask is the worst one in their set, and the basis of it didn’t look great from 2007-18. The Texans prototype white helmet with navy mask isn’t as cool as the red one. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I can't understand the disdain for the Panthers, either. I've always liked their uniforms...I don't like, however, some of what they've done to/with them lately

Now the Snatit is a different story. From having lived in Nashville when those first came out to now, I've tried—really hard, in fact—to find some redeeming quality in those sets, and to date, I've found exactly two. I will say that I like the shape of the shoulder yokes—I've even somewhat reluctantly come around on the two-tone gray treatment (two-tone blue, two-tone gray...ehh, I'll let it ride). With that, and it being the same color on all their jerseys, I also like how the two-tone grays plays against each individual jersey color; coincidentally, I find myself liking it best with the columbia blue jerseys. But that for me is where it stops. Now I can't get on Nike for the navy helmets, as I think that was the league's idea to go from white to navy, but that logo really doesn't read well against the navy helmet...and that silver/white stripe is just out of place (perhaps its too should've been two-tone gray). Then there's the numbers, a classic case of Nike "doing too much"...especially when one number pair, 11, looks stitched on backwards. But perhaps my biggest gripe—and this is probably more on the team since I watched this slowly happen during the years I lived there—is how they pushed their most identifiable brand element—columbia blue—not even to the back burner, but dang near completely off the stove. 

Now, if y'all wanna know something funny...

I've always felt the Cardinals' uniforms got more hate than warranted. Of course that won't matter after today so... 🤷🏿‍♂️

That picture shows the Jacksonville Bulls of the 1980s USFL. Sadly, they weren’t revived in the league’s 2020s edition. 

They used maroon/burgundy/garnet in homage to Florida State, and orange in homage to either UF or Miami (or both). Not sure why the silver, but certainly not complaining about it either. Cool color scheme, cool logo. 

EDIT: orange was for UF, silver was apparently for UGA. 

14 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Just walked over to the Van Buren in Phoenix, nothing over there yet. I bet the Cardinals are making this all up.

“We know you all have heard rumors about new uniforms, and we’re excited to unveil them today… with that said, please take a look at the new Nike jersey template we’ll wear in the fall” - solid 10% chance this happens

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.