NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

24 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Yours is good! I must admit though my favorite of the 10 submissions is the one by Bpodger. Are all of these dog supposed to be mastiffs? Does the Dawg Pound have a specific breed they represent themselves with?

Thanks! Technically yeah the official mascot is a mastiff, but lots of bulldogs and pitbulls seemed to sneak their way in 😂

• Like 1

The one by Emily Morgan is rather disappointing because her Lions concept was pretty nice. I know she is trying to force the "CLE" in there, but all it really does is add clutter, plus the mouth looks awkward.

The concepts by VDizzle12 and Bpodger look pretty good; I'd go with one of those.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Glad to see mine is still in the top 10. But man there's some interesting options to say the least. 

Yours is by far the best one. I guess bpodger and DannyDevito are ok too.

The one with the dawg pound bone is cool but doesn't look like a Browns logo.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Emily Morgans submission looks like a rip off of the Stark Sigil.

spacer.png

I’m surprise she’s not a member of this message board yet. 

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Glad to see mine is still in the top 10. But man there's some interesting options to say the least. 

I think yours is the best of that group but it should be simplified a bit 

• Love 1

Dog in sunglasses: should not like it but I do

Rotoscoped Ohio dog: should like it but I don't

Brownie Dog: honestly, roll with this one

Brownz Pupz Kidz Club

LOL REALLY

Carson Palmer's dog getting revenge on Kimo von Oelhoffen

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 3/1/2023 at 11:38 AM, WSU151 said:

For 2023, the Vikings and Jets will have “tribute” helmets (not labeled alternate helmets), which means - as far as I can tell without seeing an actual image - they’ll be the current helmet finishes with throwback decals and facemasks (also likely means the black Jets helmet is sticking around at least one more year). 

I’m assuming that means 80s throwback jerseys for the Jets, and either 1970s or 1998 throwbacks (25 years since 15-1) for the Vikings.

Where did you see this? Not doubting you just curious

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I thought the same thing. She's a tiktoker who has a big following, so I'd be shocked if she didn't win.

Yours is better in my opinion. The neck on hers is bigger than its head, the CLE feels too forced, the mouth is way too far back, etc.

Hoping you win!

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

8 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Where did you see this? Not doubting you just curious

On a retail site that sells a lot of mini and full size hemets.  Five new alternate helmets and two tribute helmets are available for pre-order. No images yet though, just “coming soon” place holder graphics.  The alternates are for the Broncos (confirmed), Eagles (confirmed), Lions (confirmed), and Browns and Colts (confirmed by Andrew Lind). 

The other helmets labeled  “tribute” are the Bears’ striped helmet (current shell with throwback stripe decals) and the Dolphins throwback helmet (current shell with throwback decals). 

Sounds like there will be more than seven new alternate/throwback/tribute helmets, as the “coming soon” selection doesn’t include Buccaneers, Seahawks, and Titans/Oilers, and maybe others. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

Dog in sunglasses: should not like it but I do

Rotoscoped Ohio dog: should like it but I don't

Brownie Dog: honestly, roll with this one

Brownz Pupz Kidz Club

LOL REALLY

Carson Palmer's dog getting revenge on Kimo von Oelhoffen

I think the Brownie dog is fantastic. 

15 hours ago, Dynasty said:

The one by Emily Morgan is rather disappointing because her Lions concept was pretty nice. I know she is trying to force the "CLE" in there, but all it really does is add clutter, plus the mouth looks awkward.

The concepts by VDizzle12 and Bpodger look pretty good; I'd go with one of those.

She gets tons of views on TikTok, but she is not a very good designer imo. Stuff is way too flat and she leans on the crutch of forcing hidden elements in so people think the design is really clever. 

This one kinda sucks :

So does this one:

I don't love how negative I am being here. It is great to see a young woman establish a following doing this. We need more of that.

She will probably win this Browns contest because of her popularity, and maybe that's fine.

I just wish her designs were ... better.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

She gets tons of views on TikTok, but she is not a very good designer imo. Stuff is way too flat and she leans on the crutch of forcing hidden elements in so people think the design is really clever. 

This one kinda sucks :

So does this one:

I don't love how negative I am being here. It is great to see a young woman establish a following doing this. We need more of that.

She will probably win this Browns contest because of her popularity, and maybe that's fine.

I think you summed up her work perfectly. I hate to be overly critical of other people's work, and don't want to seem like a sore loser. But I just don't get the appeal. Maybe I'm too old now to understand the Tiktok culture and what makes stuff popular there. 

Going through all of her NFL redesigns, I don't think many are really upgrades and most completely ignore the history behind the teams. Like forcing a GB into Green Bay's oval is pretty lazy and throwing away one of the most recognizable logos in the NFL. Both Browns logos are pretty rough. It's okay to have hidden elements in a logo, but they all don't need it.

I'll say she is a good designer, but has some work to do when it comes to designing sports logos. If that makes sense. Which is ironic because she is most likely going to have her work used by an NFL team. Something a lot of us can only dream about. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This one kinda sucks :

So does this one:

I think she's got talent but a lot of her NFL designs scream e-sports IMO. 

• Like 15

AmPJ0Ty.png