NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 6/6/2023 at 6:58 PM, MCM0313 said:

What’s with the Penn State helmet? Are they poking fun at how Cleveland has no helmet logo?

The bigger question is why they're using the Major Motion Picture Association logo in the background...surely I'm missing something

fiowXOD.png

47 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

Was Bills-Oilers Game in 1993 Greatest Rally, or Biggest Fade? - The New  York Times

When Buffalo looked like Buffalo and Houston looked like Houston.

More curious about the mismatched pants striping for the Bills in this photo. Hahaha.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • WOAH 1

here's an example of the slight difference in NOB font that only one of us would notice.  Also the color difference.  I don't doubt that the color formula is the same, but the materials/lighting will make the new version look more "kelly", whereas the jersey it's modeled after appeared a little darker.  I have a (rare) authentic from that era (Russel) and it definitely is darker.

FyOAoWgXsAE1-8o-1344x1792.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

Was Bills-Oilers Game in 1993 Greatest Rally, or Biggest Fade? - The New  York Times

You know, so...as much as I like the idea of the red helmets for Buffalo, recently I've come around on and actually prefer—vastly—the neo-'70s (aka current) sets. Now, I do wonder what the Champion block numbers would look like on those, but...at any rate, if the Bills would just 86 the navy—every trace of it, and even the midnight dreams of it—so the red can stand out more, that would turn that uniform into an A+ set.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, Ark said:

That's not a leotard is it? 😅

That's how OL and some DL (and even skill position) jerseys used to be, so that they stayed tucked with all the pulling and tugging that went on.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/1120/02/vtg-1950s-antique-champion-durene_1_78cf4f9a29d77980684e65f817434408.jpg

1556b_Auc44_lg.jpeg

image-placeholder-title.jpg

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

The bigger question is why they're using the Major Motion Picture Association logo in the background...surely I'm missing something

You’re missing nothing, and don’t call me Shirley. 

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

🎶 And you knew who you were then / Girls were girls and men were men 🎶

• Like 4

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

That's how OL and some DL (and even skill position) jerseys used to be, so that they stayed tucked with all the pulling and tugging that went on.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/1120/02/vtg-1950s-antique-champion-durene_1_78cf4f9a29d77980684e65f817434408.jpg

1556b_Auc44_lg.jpeg

draws-rpdr.gif

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

here's an example of the slight difference in NOB font that only one of us would notice.  Also the color difference.  I don't doubt that the color formula is the same, but the materials/lighting will make the new version look more "kelly", whereas the jersey it's modeled after appeared a little darker.  I have a (rare) authentic from that era (Russel) and it definitely is darker.

FyOAoWgXsAE1-8o-1344x1792.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the number font on the throwbacks won't have the angled serifs on the 6 and 9. Although that font is still used by the Tigers and Yankees, so maybe Nike is aware enough to use it.

spacer.png

It's not so much the Bills look better in red helmets, but it differentiates them from the 6 or so other teams who use white helmets, vs only KC who uses red. The Jets and Titans have recently bailed on white lids because of their blandness.

Oh, and there's also that Bills AFC dynasty.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

1556b_Auc44_lg.jpeg

They need to go back to this for all players to stop the miniskirt look players are doing with untucked t shirts

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

Oh, and there's also all that Bills AFC dynasty.

Losing four Super Bowls in a row doesn't qualify as a dynasty. Maybe it's fond memories or good players but they just never got it done. It didn't help that they got destroyed by the Cowboys in their last two Super Bowls.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Facepalm 1

bSLCtu2.png

21 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Losing four Super Bowls in a row doesn't qualify as a dynasty.

5 hours ago, Cujo said:

Oh, and there's also that Bills  AFC dynasty.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

6uXNWAo.png