NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 6/1/2023 at 6:49 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

I think most folks outside the Boards just geniunely don't even realize. I still see the Lions' black outline, the old Chargers logo, the old Jets logo, and the decade-long-outdated Seahawks logo all the time.

I dunno…PFF may not be about uniforms, but they’re still very detail-oriented. 

2 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Texans using the red helmet for a preseason graphic.

This would seem strange to me--in combination with the other evidence--if they've not switching to red full time. Why waste a preseason game on one of your three chances to wear it?

fiowXOD.png

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

While I'm at it, I figured I'd throw out my Texans concept

xDvzpRF.png

I love it the jersey & pants completely.

Helmet & socks I do not.  The socks, at least, need to be Navy.   Add a White & Red stripe to the helmet and a little star in back like, similar to the pant, and you’ve got it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

I love it the jersey & pants completely.

Helmet & socks I do not.  The socks, at least, need to be Navy.   Add a White & Red stripe to the helmet and a little star in back like, similar to the pant, and you’ve got it.

Given the size of that logo, I don't know that stripes actually fit.

It's where I sit.

I don't think dynamic logos should be inhibited by stripes.  If it's charging forward,, the stripe acts like a wall it'll bang in to.  That might sound silly, but it's a guideline I follow.  It's also one of the reasons why the only way the Broncos can have a stripe is if it tapers in the front so the cyberhorses can charge through it.   It's not a rule because there's exceptions.  Most white helmets need stripes, and I kinda look at the Bills charging buffalo as a static logo rather than a dynamic one, but that's admittedly totally arbitrary.  The Ravens should drop their stripes ,but they're purple and hardly noticeable so the bird heard can fly over it.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Plenty of room on the Texans helmet for a stripe.

I don’t know if it’s the answer, but there’s certainly room.  

Eh.  Less is more.  If the logo is good enough, which the Texans' arguably is, the helmet can otherwise be left alone entirely.

• Like 3
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

12 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't think dynamic logos should be inhibited by stripes.  If it's charging forward,, the stripe acts like a wall it'll bang in to.  That might sound silly, but it's a guideline I follow.  It's also one of the reasons why the only way the Broncos can have a stripe is if it tapers in the front so the cyberhorses can charge through it.   It's not a rule because there's exceptions.  Most white helmets need stripes, and I kinda look at the Bills charging buffalo as a static logo rather than a dynamic one, but that's admittedly totally arbitrary.  The Ravens should drop their stripes ,but they're purple and hardly noticeable so the bird heard can fly over it.

The Bills helmet stripe mimics the streak on the logo, so it's like the player and logo are moving in unison, as a heard of buffalo.

... or something like that, I don't know . Sounds like Nike-speak, lol. But the design just works.

• Like 4

spacer.png

This thread is at 135 pages and growing. Why are concepts being posted on a news board? There used to be a concept board on this website. In the past, weren't people with concepts told to go post them elsewhere? IMO, concepts should not be posted in Sports Logo News topics. I don't like having to wade through other's concepts to get to actual uniform news.

However, I think actual concepts from the team do belong here. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 3
  • Dislike 1

59 minutes ago, batman1211 said:

This thread is at 135 pages and growing. Why are concepts being posted on a news board? There used to be a concept board on this website. In the past, weren't people with concepts told to go post them elsewhere? IMO, concepts should not be posted in Sports Logo News topics. I don't like having to wade through other's concepts to get to actual uniform news.

Agreed, if there were such a thing.

I don't think there ever was a formal board policy on this (other than - eh, we'll allow it), but I'll co-sign your request/comment.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

It's where I sit.

55 minutes ago, batman1211 said:

When uniform news has stalled or potential rebrands are still in theoretical stages, I love seeing concepts here. It helps visualize new ideas and gives people more to talk about. I don't want to see them completely dominate entire pages, but I appreciate seeing new concepts every once in a while when discussing teams that either face an identity crisis and are exploring new directions or only need a few tweaks to be great. In small doses, they don't hurt anybody and only bolster discussion. I'd rather see concepts being posted here than see news threads get clevejacked for the umpteenth time.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

36 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

When uniform news has stalled or potential rebrands are still in theoretical stages, I love seeing concepts here. It helps visualize new ideas and gives people more to talk about. I don't want to see them completely dominate entire pages, but I appreciate seeing new concepts every once in a while when discussing teams that either face an identity crisis and are exploring new directions or only need a few tweaks to be great. In small doses, they don't hurt anybody and only bolster discussion. I'd rather see concepts being posted here than see news threads get clevejacked for the umpteenth time.

Counter point - there's a forum for concepts, and one for news. This is the latter, not the former.

I'm not trying to back seat mod, just offering why I disagree with having concepts in this thread.

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

It's where I sit.

41 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Counter point - there's a forum for concepts, and one for news. This is the latter, not the former.

I'm not trying to back seat mod, just offering why I disagree with having concepts in this thread.

You have my vote for back seat moderator, but it carries very little weight. In fact, you probably want to distance yourself as far as you possibly can from this endorsement.

• LOL 2