NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

49 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

What particularly scared me about the new uniforms coming next year is that the team president referred to them as "significant", while in the same breath calling the 2017 set a "tweaking."

I’m just hoping it’s more grey on grey on grey on grey.  I just can’t get enough mono-color these days out of the NFL.  Keep it up, looks great.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Major meh. I get the nostalgia for that logo but the random stripes just don't look good. 

The blue stripe on blue helmet is especially bad.

Do Lions fans have any nostalgia for this logo? This feels... forced. Like they wanted a throwback logo on a helmet but wanted something more obviously different than their previous one.

3 minutes ago, Blast_Brothers said:

The blue stripe on blue helmet is especially bad.

Do Lions fans have any nostalgia for this logo? This feels... forced. Like they wanted a throwback logo on a helmet but wanted something more obviously different than their previous one.

The only nostalgia I have is because it's what they wore the last time they were remotely competitive lol.

• Sad 1

sig.png

13 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Love the helmet, hate the pairing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

As far as alternate helmets go, I dig it.

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I like that logo as a stand alone, but I feel like it fits awkwardly on a helmet.  

And does every new helmet have to have some kind of unique finish?  At some point (and we may already be there) unique becomes commonplace and you realize it wasn’t as cool as you thought. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I mentioned a page or so back that its been mentioned here in Detroit that this helmet was designed with next year’s rebrand in mind. 

Let the wreckless speculation begin.  

The blue helmet will probably return next but without the historical logo (probably regular logo instead). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don’t know what I was expecting to get from the Lions but I’m disappointed. The logo’s awkward on the helmet and pairing it with the graphite uniform is an interesting choice. Moral of the story: alternate helmets suck

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Just doesn’t feel like the Detroit Lions.

Maybe it’ll grow on me, but I don’t like it.

Also, we would never have needed a Blue helmet if we didn’t have a Grey jersey.  This is the slippery slope many have warned about.

• Like 4