NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

I wonder if the Broncos are going to place the "Denver D" logo (that fits with the uniform that the alternate is designed around) or the current logo on their alternate helmet. Personally, it does not work either way. Hm...

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

This shirt celebrating 713 Day in Houston might be the first official Texans product I’ve seen use the Columbia blue Texans logo  

I know I’m making something out of nothing, and I shouldn’t make too much off of a fashion shirt… BUT, when ownership said they were negotiating the colors with the league I wonder if the Titans want them to drop the Navy blue so it’s not an exact match and we will see black outlines instead   

EDIT - That cup looks like it’s using deep steel blue, so I’m probably just grasping at straws, but we have seen an increased use of black  spacer.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JustABallCoach said:

This shirt celebrating 713 Day in Houston might be the first official Texans product I’ve seen use the Columbia blue Texans logo  

I know I’m making something out of nothing, and I shouldn’t make too much off of a fashion shirt… BUT, when ownership said they were negotiating the colors with the league I wonder if the Titans want them to drop the Navy blue so it’s not an exact match and we will see black outlines instead   

EDIT - That cup looks like it’s using deep steel blue, so I’m probably just grasping at straws, but we have seen an increased use of black  spacer.png

I wouldn't put much stock into the black as that's common for apparel—then again given recent trends in NFL aesthetics (O HAI, J-E-T-S-JETS-JETS-JETS), one can never be too careful assuming it's a whole lotta nothing.

That said, the particular hue of blue is what's intriguing me. That's pretty much the exact same shade as that which was shown in that picture of JJ Watt working out in red and light blue gear. I'm wondering if the Texans' workaround for IP purposes was changing up the light blue to something more along the lines of bright cyan...that blue has a bit more green in it than normal columbia blue (which is visible right there on that cup).

Whatever the case, I'm gonna go out on a limb now and say that some kind of primary color change is 100% happening now.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

A couple of Bills players have been tweeting out pictures of a red Bills helmet with eyeball emojis. Looks like it's part of a Labatt campaign, but there was a rumor last year that they would be bringing back red helmets as an alt this year.

1cg9rNu.jpg  DACnPQW.jpg

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited to see the new Cardinals uniforms because its pushing a return to template differentiation between home and away.

This is a phenomenon where the home and road uniforms are not just recoloring of each other. Where they two jerseys use an entirely different template. The Rams were on this path too but backslide with the success of their retro white jerseys.

I'm talking about how the Vikings used to wear sleeve stripes at home and shoulder loops (UCLA stripes on the road).

During the 1960's this was really a thing with up to a third of NFL teams (AFL teams seemed less interested) getting in on this. Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Washington, Minnesota, San Francisco, New York, and of course the Cardinals all got in on the trend at some point.

https-3A-2F-2Framblinfan-com-2Fwp-conten

MV5BYzM3M2E1NWYtYzZiZC00N2E3LWJmZDgtZjdk

washington-redskins-file-photos-1968.jpg

hall-of-fame-quarterback-sonny-jurgensen

jesegoptf6igogxyhm59.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Echo said:

A couple of Bills players have been tweeting out pictures of a red Bills helmet with eyeball emojis. Looks like it's part of a Labatt campaign, but there was a rumor last year that they would be bringing back red helmets as an alt this year.

1cg9rNu.jpg  DACnPQW.jpg

Odds are if the Bills bring this back it'll probably be worn with the all red uniform

• Meh 1
  • Facepalm 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Odds are if the Bills bring this back it'll probably be worn with the all red uniform

I'm really hoping for a 90s-era throwback, but I'm sure you're probably right. It'll be worn with the color rush abomination instead. 

7 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Pretty sure it's just the lighting in that photo. Looks like the double grey in the other pics.

F0x08p0XgAE-vqt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Imagine looking in the mirror and thinking this is how you want to present yourself.  If they require those slob shirts, then there's a flaw with the jerseys and that should be fixed so that they don't need these absurdly-long / loose shirts.  

8 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'm pretty excited to see the new Cardinals uniforms because its pushing a return to template differentiation between home and away.

This is a phenomenon where the home and road uniforms are not just recoloring of each other. Where they two jerseys use an entirely different template. The Rams were on this path too but backslide with the success of their retro white jerseys.

I'm talking about how the Vikings used to wear sleeve stripes at home and shoulder loops (UCLA stripes on the road).

During the 1960's this was really a thing with up to a third of NFL teams (AFL teams seemed less interested) getting in on this. Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Washington, Minnesota, San Francisco, New York, and of course the Cardinals all got in on the trend at some point.

The Eagles tried this in '96.  I didn't get it then, and I don't get it now.  Glad they corrected:

Check out the sock wordmark!!  Never noticed that.  I don't think it ever made it to a real game.

FvaVjqVWAAEuqre?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 4
  • Love 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

This is so weird to see. Giants have never had their actual logo at midfield as far as I know. At least they went with the better blue/white version of the logo.

The Jets did it in 1998/1999.

NYJ_1998-1999%5E1.png

However those same years the Giants had a Giants Stadium logo at midfield. It doesn't really count.

NYG_1998-1999%5E1.png

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

This is so weird to see. Giants have never had their actual logo at midfield as far as I know. At least they went with the better blue/white version of the logo.

The Jets did it in 1998/1999.

NYJ_1998-1999%5E1.png

However those same years the Giants had a Giants Stadium logo at midfield. It doesn't really count.

NYG_1998-1999%5E1.png

I actually liked that Jets logo without the NY behind it better than the official 98 logo. 

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Imagine looking in the mirror and thinking this is how you want to present yourself.  If they require those slob shirts, then there's a flaw with the jerseys and that should be fixed so that they don't need these absurdly-long / loose shirts.  

The Eagles tried this in '96.  I didn't get it then, and I don't get it now.  Glad they corrected:

Check out the sock wordmark!!  Never noticed that.  I don't think it ever made it to a real game.

FvaVjqVWAAEuqre?format=jpg&name=medium

Giants have been doing it for a decade and a half.

Ahmad-Bradshaw-scaled-e1587612304902.jpg

01giants_celebrate.jpg

USATSI_18856606_168392721_lowres.jpg?w=9

nickcoppola_game-notes_2022-cowboys-seas

• Like 4

Nothing weird about teams wearing different designs for home and away. A solid colored home jersey looks great, but solid colored white jerseys can be bland. It makes sense a white jersey would have a different, more complex design to add opportunities for color that the home version just doesn't need. 

• Like 6

On 7/12/2023 at 11:42 AM, gosioux76 said:

Good lord, those Buccaneers uniforms are gorgeous. 

The logotype is incredible too.

GLRIpgD.png

• LOL 2

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."