NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

6 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’m sure Indianapolis is lovely as most cities are but does ANYBODY consider Indiana nights uniquely special enough to deserve a uniform? 

Hoosier here, and no. Indiana nights are not special. They are forgettable.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Would’ve made a lot more sense if they trashed this idea and left their awesome brand well enough alone, sparing us all this abomination

Slight modification

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It feels like they're parodying a Bob Seger song.

I think it's a reference to the first verse of "Mary Jane's Last Dance," by Tom Petty.

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tompettyandtheheartbreakers/maryjaneslastdance.html

• Like 4
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, BadSeed84 said:

The players have to feel goofy doing the posing for the video, with some crap rap like music in the background.

Trying so hard to be cool.

A. It's just beats, not hip hop.

B. You do know that the music is dubbed over in post-production? This stuff is shot in slow motion so to get the footage for a two minute video they players only have to move around a few seconds. Then the production team cuts the clips together and adds whatever music they want. A team can hire John Williams if they want.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This really does look like something a mid-level college team would do. Out nowhere black helmet, cheesy  monochrome, pointless textured fabric… it feels like they raided Arizona State’s idea book.

Embarrassing.  

These give me BYU vibes 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

While I love the heathered pattern, I’m afraid this just opened a new can of worms

That happened back in 2012, my guy. That said, I'm actually amazed it took this long for some team to add a pattern to their primary jerseys...no one's done so since the Patriots left their sublimated striped behind in '02.

2 hours ago, bowld said:

These are actually pretty cool. Glad they went this route instead of all black. I assume they didn't go with a Blue helmet since they have already worn one with their throwbacks recently.

spacer.png

if EVER there were a definition of BFBS, this is it. This is the poster child for it. This is the Creamerite/Uni Watch (is that blog still a thing?) dictionary image of it.

1 hour ago, randyc said:

Expect sales of these to blow up around Nashville...and it'll be interesting if they can track metrics of how many of these are bought and shipped to Greater Houston. It's funny but prior to this, you barely saw any kind fo Houston Oilers anything around Middle Tennessee...even the team shop had few Oilers items. That all changes now, I guarantee it.

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Seems their true inspiration was revenge: "You copy our best look, Duke, we (mostly) copy your worst."

5 observations and more from Duke football's first half against Pittsburgh  - The Chronicle

That's actually what I thought the Colts would do...in truth I'd have preferred they do that rather than what they did.

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’m sure Indianapolis is lovely as most cities are but does ANYBODY consider Indiana nights uniquely special enough to deserve a uniform? 

Speaking as a former Indiana resident and quasi-Hoosier: not a nann one of 'em, homeboy...not a nann 'nother. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Wtf happened to the Colts' aesthetic in the last few years? They used to be a guaranteed good look every week. Now it's all-blue, all-white, all-blue with an incongruous black helmet...??

The only that's changed is they've opted to wear white socks with the away jersey. Once a year they wear all blue but that's been the case for the past six season.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Never forget all of this was made possible by adding black to the color scheme by making the radical change to their away uniform. Damn you black swoosh.

spacer.png

Came here to post this. It's hilarious how the black seeps in and spreads like the plague. Colts dipped their feet in with the Swoosh, and are about waist deep in now with the helmet. Now that they have a black helmet, they will use it to justify a black jersey, pants, and socks as their next alternate.

This feels like the Longhorns dropping a black helmet.

• Like 3

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

There's a 100% chance my hockey brain reads that C logo as a captain's patch every time I see it.

image0.jpg

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!