NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Cowboys uniform has nothing that says “Cowboys”. The star is for Texas. With the Arizona flag on the unis in late 80s/00s, a new design with the flag is not totally off base. 

The cowboys have about 60 years of history wearing the star that is become synonymous, they also didn’t take the whole flag and shove it into the uniform but took one element. Every Arizona flag concept shoves the whole flag onto the uniform.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 2

40 minutes ago, dont care said:

The cowboys have about 60 years of history wearing the star that is become synonymous, they also didn’t take the whole flag and shove it into the uniform but took one element. Every Arizona flag concept shoves the whole flag onto the uniform.

Can't blame them. It is a cool looking flag

spacer.png

• Like 14

12 hours ago, HOOVER said:

A).  What if the new owner(s) of the Washington Commanders decide to REBRAND the team?  

1.  What would the new primary name of the team be?  

- Washington
- DC

- Virginia (where team is HQ'd and likely to build a new stadium)

- Other

2.  What would the new primary nickname & logo be?

3.  What would the new team colors be?

B).  What if the new owner(s) of the Washington Commanders decide to RELOCATE the team?  

1.  What city or cities would most likely qualify for a new team?  What city/state name would you choose for them?

- St. Louis
- San Diego

- Other (Orlando, San Antonio, Austin, Salt Lake City, Portland, Columbus, Memphis, Oakland, Birmingham, Sacramento, Hawaii or ?)

2.  What would the new primary nickname & logo be?

3.  What would the new team colors be?

A)

1. Think they’ll stick with Washington but maybe add in DC in whatever branding. At this point I don’t think they’d shift to Virginia, but would be interesting to lean into that and/or NOVA (though I guess why limit it to just the DC metro area).

2. Only obvious thing would be some version of Hogs or something to get easy clout with the fanbase. Wolves, any of those that actually were liked. Other than that throw a dart and you’ll hit something better.

3. Would be cool to see them slide to maroon, yellow/gold and white. It’s close but something different. Do a throwback that’s maroon and tan with a fauxback W logo based in the teams history.

b )

1. I doubt they’d ditch DC, would be a big market to leave. But if they did San Antonio seems the most primed for it. No bad blood like San Diego and St. Louis.  Growing market in a state that love football. Would make the Rivalry with the Cowboys a little bigger.

2. Feel like the simplest thing would be pick an animal that doesn’t have representation in the league, bonus points if it’s also not in the other big leagues. Wolves again, Snakes (Rattlers, Copperheads, etc) Arachnids (Spiders, Scorpions, Tarantulas, Widows / Widowmakers). All of them would just be the usually head logo or a silhouette. Could see specialized ones like a side view of a scorpion tail that looks like an S.  Easiest to avoid the Alamo stuff or any overdone desperado like names.

3, Honestly they could keep the color scheme for any of them, with varying degrees of black. But going with a Maroon / Ath Gold or Orange look would be nice here too. If they weren’t in the same division as the eagles I’d say dark green and powder blue or purple white and red. Two color schemes that don’t get used a ton.

• Applause 1

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Knowing the Cards will be doing something ultra-modern, I suppose something like this would be acceptable.

FtI0RwPWcAow0g4?format=jpg&name=large

Would be disappointed but not surprised if they did something like this.  I’d rage over Black pants with a White helmet.

I do like the Black facemask on the White helmet, though.  Always a good, clean look. 

• Like 3

At this point, as long as the Cardinals don’t wind up looking too much like the Falcons or the Chiefs, I’ll accept it eventually.

• Like 7

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

A)

1. Think they’ll stick with Washington but maybe add in DC in whatever branding. At this point I don’t think they’d shift to Virginia, but would be interesting to lean into that and/or NOVA (though I guess why limit it to just the DC metro area).

2. Only obvious thing would be some version of Hogs or something to get easy clout with the fanbase. Wolves, any of those that actually were liked. Other than that throw a dart and you’ll hit something better.

3. Would be cool to see them slide to maroon, yellow/gold and white. It’s close but something different. Do a throwback that’s maroon and tan with a fauxback W logo based in the teams history.

b )

1. I doubt they’d ditch DC, would be a big market to leave. But if they did San Antonio seems the most primed for it. No bad blood like San Diego and St. Louis.  Growing market in a state that love football. Would make the Rivalry with the Cowboys a little bigger.

2. Feel like the simplest thing would be pick an animal that doesn’t have representation in the league, bonus points if it’s also not in the other big leagues. Wolves again, Snakes (Rattlers, Copperheads, etc) Arachnids (Spiders, Scorpions, Tarantulas, Widows / Widowmakers). All of them would just be the usually head logo or a silhouette. Could see specialized ones like a side view of a scorpion tail that looks like an S.  Easiest to avoid the Alamo stuff or any overdone desperado like names.

3, Honestly they could keep the color scheme for any of them, with varying degrees of black. But going with a Maroon / Ath Gold or Orange look would be nice here too. If they weren’t in the same division as the eagles I’d say dark green and powder blue or purple white and red. Two color schemes that don’t get used a ton.

Thanks for playing and putting some thought into this.  All points fun to ponder.

San Antonio certainly makes sense.

Virginia Generals makes sense to me, but I’m a Civil War buff, and I’m sure it would never get traction in today’s day & age.  I think the name was used for a minor league baseball team in the past.

Living in Orlando, I’d be thrilled to get an NFL and/or MLB team here.  With Camping World Stadium having gone through lots of renovations over the last 10 years, it would be a plug & play move.  Stadium is good enough to host the Pro Bowl & Wrestlemania.   Add in a billionaire owner to add some extra upgrades before 2026 and it would be a huge splash. 

Either way, if California can have 3 teams, so could Texas or Florida.

EDIT:  Yeah, Florida already has 3 teams.  But what the hell, give us a 4th 😂

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

With NFL teams in Miami and Tampa, I think Jacksonville will get an NFL team before Orlando. #postsfrom1991

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For a franchise that's been in Chicago, St Louis, and now Arizona I think it'd be cool to add some flag/local elements.  Trading black for blue would be nice, but do we really see them doing that after the new black helmet?  And do we know that the white helmet will be basically unchanged?  Feels strange to me to have such a minimal helmet and modern uniforms.

I think we can all agree those grey face masks have to go! 😂 

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Thanks for playing and putting some thought into this.  All points fun to ponder.

San Antonio certainly makes sense.

Virginia Generals makes sense to me, but I’m a Civil War buff, and I’m sure it would never get traction in today’s day & age.  I think the name was used for a minor league baseball team in the past.

Living in Orlando, I’d be thrilled to get an NFL and/or MLB team here.  With Camping World Stadium having gone through lots of renovations over the last 10 years, it would be a plug & play move.  Stadium is good enough to host the Pro Bowl & Wrestlemania.   Add in a billionaire owner to add some extra upgrades before 2026 and it would be a huge splash. 

Yeah it’s fun to think about, hopefully something happens there. No part of the identity they just got is worth saving.

It’s a cool sounding name, and I loved the Union in Philly leaning into that a bit. But yeah, especially with what side of things every general was in Virginia…probably a non-starter ha.

I wonder if the Jags would move down there once their Stadium “needs” replaced. Or if they move out of state at that point, would Orlando get a bump in expansion talk (which seems like it’s on the mind of the league again)

2 hours ago, Chawls said:

At this point, as long as the Cardinals don’t wind up looking too much like the Falcons or the Chiefs, I’ll accept it eventually.

I can promise you they'll look nothing like the Chiefs. I don't imagine the Cardinals doing anything 'classic' with this rebrand.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, _RH_ said:

For a franchise that's been in Chicago, St Louis, and now Arizona I think it'd be cool to add some flag/local elements.  Trading black for blue would be nice, but do we really see them doing that after the new black helmet?  And do we know that the white helmet will be basically unchanged?  Feels strange to me to have such a minimal helmet and modern uniforms.

I think we can all agree those grey face masks have to go! 😂 

The White helmets ARE changing, and the Gray face masks are also going away. 100%.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, TruColor said:

The White helmets ARE changing, and the Gray face masks are also going away. 100%.

But from what I heard, it won't be much of a change from gray as they will be silver/chrome. Can you say that is accurate?

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, nuordr said:

But from what I heard, it won't be much of a change from gray as they will be silver/chrome. Can you say that is accurate?

This would be a lateral (sad) move, unless silver is also being featured on the jerseys/pants.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

44 minutes ago, TruColor said:

How much is the helmet changing? Someone said before that there was going to be a flake pattern, is there anything else? Like addition of stripe pattern or?

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

With NFL teams in Miami and Tampa, I think Jacksonville will get an NFL team before Orlando. #postsfrom1991

ha, reasons I shouldn’t post before my first morning coffee.

• Like 1