College Football 2023

Rixaroo

2 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

UAB doubling down on neon green alternates and gold away numbers. 

You did it, UAB - Worst uniform of the offseason!🏆💯

• The shoulder striping that doesn't work with the sweeping chest striping.
  • The clash of colors
  • Red accents in the UAB wordmark
  • Lime green...???
  • Grey alternate....???
  • BFBS
  • Half a dozen helmets - no black helmet for the black uni
  • Two white helmets with indistinguishable logos in dark green and black
  • Mismatching templates
  • The GIANT Under Armour logo in the center
  • Mismatching greens on the jersey compared to the pants

Is this a cry for help? Trent Dilfer & Co. – blink twice if UA has your family tied up somewhere!

12 hours ago, solvetica said:

Not to be outdone by UAB, the FIU Panthers quickly counter:

My first thought when I was watching the teaser video for "ViceU" I just assumed the Miami Hurricanes were about to do something incredibly stupid. I was relieved to find out it was just FIU. But man these are horrible. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, solvetica said:

Is this a cry for help? Trent Dilfer & Co. – blink twice if UA has your family tied up somewhere!

Dilfer designed these things himself lol. He said he was relieved when the players liked it.

• LOL 2

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

16 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Is this the worst new uniform set of the cycle? The combination of classic stripes and modern chest stripes is catalog garbage.

Can you tell the head coach has been coaching at the high school level for a while? Hahahahaha!!! These are all horrible. IT's like someone got access to the old EA Sports teambuilder and just went bonkers with it.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, solvetica said:

These look like they were made for a Florida All Star game. Still 100 times better than that crap UAB dropped yesterday.

FIU Panthers Unveil “Miami Vice” Alternate Uniforms – SportsLogos.Net News

FIU Panthers Unveil “Miami Vice” Alternate Uniforms – SportsLogos.Net News

Instead of that 305 logo they should have just left the panther head by itself. Stick 305 on the bumper and call it a day. I have to admit, I like those jerseys, but the helmet is just too much. I know college teams are all about showing off their "local" pride, but the area codes and zip codes as the largest part of the design are overdone by now. 

3t0cw7G.png

At least the field will look good. 

• Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

54 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Can you tell the head coach has been coaching at the high school level for a while? Hahahahaha!!! These are all horrible. IT's like someone got access to the old EA Sports teambuilder and just went bonkers with it.

I'm actually in Nashville, where he was coaching the past couple years. Let's just say he didn't face many budget-related restrictions at Lipscomb Academy – they had over $400,000 in athletic revenue in 2020, a part of $23M+ overall revenue, on top of donors and boosters.

Meanwhile, his uniforms at Lipscomb Academy were pretty reserved, save for their one-off grey and pink BCA uniforms. The only odd spot would be their helmets, which were more of a plum color than the true purple of their branding – an exclusive custom color by VICIS called "Mustang Purple".

• Like 2

15 hours ago, solvetica said:

Stop.  Please.  No more black, pink and teal.  I'm so sick of this color scheme.  It wasn't cool when the Heat did it, either.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 4
  • Eyeroll 1

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

17 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Much like Roanoke College (VA) next year, Centenary College of Louisiana (the state’s first university) is bringing back its football program after 82 year hiatus.

F2x4MFeWUAEqJ1H?format=jpg&name=large

Clean solid looking uniform. My only gripe is the fact that chose to put the city name as the main identifying feature of their uniform when they havent had a team in over 80 years. I get it. Its the same thing that SMU has done with their Dallas alternate uniforms.  But you would think you would want the name of your school on your jersey if you're going to have a wordmark at all. Especially when you havent had a football uniform since just after WW2. Its not like Centenary will ever be on TV and Shreveport residents will see the jerseys and think, "Hey, this is my hometown team."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Especially when you havent had a football uniform since just after WW2. Its not like Centenary will ever be on TV and Shreveport residents will see the jerseys and think, "Hey, this is my hometown team."

Shreveport residents:

bcda033e-5163-4e13-b360-dae3ed60691e_tex

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:22 PM, Germanshepherd said:

UAB doubling down on neon green alternates and gold away numbers. 

These would actually be nice uniforms, even the black/neon one, if they just got ride of whatever those Jets-like pointy stripes are. (The gray one sucks and is completely unnecessary either way).

7 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Stop.  Please.  No more black, pink and teal.  I'm so sick of this color scheme.  It wasn't cool when the Heat did it, either.

The Heat doing it as a special one-off or city night edition is fine to me, but this type of thing just doesn't work in football at all. Two different worlds imo