College Football 2023

Rixaroo

I'm biased, but I'd like to nominate Florida-LSU as one of the week's best:

74d864a834358c101ed1dafff2550c7b

Excellent color matchup between two classic uniforms under the lights. IMO the best possible look for this matchup.

...and with that said, let us never speak of this game ever again.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

ExJworW.png

19 minutes ago, PrimalCookie said:

I'm biased, but I'd like to nominate Florida-LSU as one of the week's best:

74d864a834358c101ed1dafff2550c7b

Excellent color matchup between two classic uniforms under the lights. IMO the best possible look for this matchup.

...and with that said, let us never speak of this game ever again.

For some reason Florida loves to wear all-blue against LSU. I still feel like Florida/LSU is always a great looking game though, except for a couple of those all-orange games. Great color contrast between both. I’m not a huge fan of monochrome, but Florida’s one of a few teams who are able to pull it off well. The blue/white combo also would’ve looked just as nice.

I’m curious though why we should never speak of this game again…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Any news on Army-Navy Game unis yet?   Thought I saw that merch would be available starting 11/20, so I assume uni reveals by then.

Last year's wasn't announced until after Thanksgiving, so I guess we'll be getting the release on the 20th. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, Green27 said:

Cougs going with a (new?) Wazzu wordmark helmet and all anthracite for Senior Day vs Colorado (hoping CU doesn't wear grey pants or helmets). 

Yeah, it’s new. I don’t get it, but at least it’s something unique.

Still waiting on the following from Wazzu:

-1998 Rose Bowl throwbacks

-2003ish era throwbacks

-Retro WSC Cougar on the helmets

-Get rid of the boring mix and match monochrome stuff with either no gray or no crimson 

Maybe someday…

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

This will be the first time the Ducks have ever worn this combo, or really anything even similar to this. They never wore chrome/white/dark green or chrome/white/black in the Mariota years. This is also the first three-color combo (different helmet, jersey, pant colors) since 2017 when they wore chrome/white/apple green at UCLA.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/15/2023 at 5:53 PM, Green27 said:

TCU has a new helmet with a new version of the blood frog.

Cougs going with a (new?) Wazzu wordmark helmet and all anthracite for Senior Day vs Colorado (hoping CU doesn't wear grey pants or helmets). 

That TCU decal ends up looking hot pink rather than blood red, especially up against that red face mask that is clearly a darker color.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 2:59 PM, TenaciousG said:

Yeah, it’s new. I don’t get it, but at least it’s something unique.

Still waiting on the following from Wazzu:

-1998 Rose Bowl throwbacks

-2003ish era throwbacks

-Retro WSC Cougar on the helmets

-Get rid of the boring mix and match monochrome stuff with either no gray or no crimson 

Maybe someday…

Perhaps a hot take here but the Cougs uniforms are fantastic, they just don't need that dark gray. I wish the Beavs could mix and match like WSU. 

6 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

Perhaps a hot take here but the Cougs uniforms are fantastic, they just don't need that dark gray. I wish the Beavs could mix and match like WSU. 

The previous set was better. I agree that dark grey shouldn't be used.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Arizona State is going white/maroon/maroon with Tillman decals on the helmets vs. Oregon:

spacer.png

Utah is going red/white/white at Arizona:

spacer.png

The Wildcats will be wearing their military appreciation uniforms with camo numbers & sleeve caps and gray pants:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Weird development for Georgia’s upcoming game against Tennessee. It appears they are wearing the old Vapor Untouchable template despite updating to the new template this year. It’s unclear if this is for all players or just a few, but I’ve seen at least 3 players wearing the old template (and haven’t seen a clear shot of a player wearing the new template). Perhaps they packed the wrong jerseys, but you’d think the EQ team would be all over that.

Edit - further confirmation.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Is it just me or does it bug anyone else when LSU wears their white pants and helmets with the purple jerseys like tonight vs GA State? The purple jersey is already rare enough for LSU, but for some reason they have this weird obsession with pairing it with the white helmets and pants rather than the gold in recent years. The white helmets and jerseys are NOT superior to the gold.

Also, with as traditional and iconic as LSU’s uniforms are, any other “off” or gimmicky combo is just annoying and dumb.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, kaleb_girod said:

Is it just me or does it bug anyone else when LSU wears their white pants and helmets with the purple jerseys like tonight vs GA State? The purple jersey is already rare enough for LSU, but for some reason they have this weird obsession with pairing it with the white helmets and pants rather than the gold in recent years. The white helmets and jerseys are NOT superior to the gold.

Also, with as traditional and iconic as LSU’s uniforms are, any other “off” or gimmicky combo is just annoying and dumb.

It bugs me too. I wish they would ditch the white helmets and pants or do an all white look for a game. I just wish the purple jerseys were the primary home jerseys as they are the superior look with the yellow helmets and pants. 

On 11/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, upperV03 said:

Arizona State is going white/maroon/maroon with Tillman decals on the helmets vs. Oregon:

spacer.png

Utah is going red/white/white at Arizona:

spacer.png

The Wildcats will be wearing their military appreciation uniforms with camo numbers & sleeve caps and gray pants:

spacer.png

Big win for Arizona today but man that uniform looked awful on TV. It just looked like plain white sleeve caps with gray pants which was a terrible combo. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

It's an alternate look, so I have no issues with them wearing white helmets and pants. 

On 11/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

I didn't like Arizona State rolling this look out. You already have a memorial patch on the jerseys. You also have other veterans other than Tillman that you can recognize as well. We know he's the most famous to die in combat, but the demagoguery that's paid to him is over the top. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png