College Football 2023

Rixaroo

11 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Reason why I said that was because Texas A&M moved to the SEC and only played University of Texas once. So to be honest, Oregon State will be without Oregon because the main focus of Oregon, Washington, UCLA, and USC is that they will be more focused or in tuned to the Big 10 teams and would only play Oregon State once, Texas will renew their Texas A&M rivalry once they go into the SEC with Oklahoma and two other teams joining them.

But my point was Washington and Washington State ARE continuing to play, so there's no guarantee, until they announce for certain, that Oregon and Oregon State won't continue to play. At this point, at least. And playing other Big 10 teams would have no effect on Oregon playing Oregon State. They'll still play non-conference games, so if both are interested in continuing the series, they can do so. Just like Washington and Washington State.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, McCall said:

But my point was Washington and Washington State ARE continuing to play, so there's no guarantee, until they announce for certain, that Oregon and Oregon State won't continue to play. At this point, at least. And playing other Big 10 teams would have no effect on Oregon playing Oregon State. They'll still play non-conference games, so if both are interested in continuing the series, they can do so. Just like Washington and Washington State.

I do not think you understand the idea these teams work or how they schedule games. Oh wait, I can see why you understand since you are East Missouri which means you had to cry in the corner when the Cardinals and Rams moved (in case of the Rams, moved back to L.A. and in case of the Cardinals, got the heck out of dodge before it got worse and moved to the desert).

• Huh? 2
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 4
  • Facepalm 2
  • Eyeroll 2

Oregon and Oregon State are in discussions about keeping the rivalry alive. Nothing is finalized yet but at the very least there are talks about scheduling a game between the two next year. Oregon will have to agree to a buyout with one of their already-scheduled non-conference opponents in 2024, or agree with one of those schools to move games to future seasons.

• Like 7

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

I do not think you understand the idea these teams work or how they schedule games. Oh wait, I can see why you understand since you are East Missouri which means you had to cry in the corner when the Cardinals and Rams moved (in case of the Rams, moved back to L.A. and in case of the Cardinals, got the heck out of dodge before it got worse and moved to the desert).

WTF are you talking about? Are you seriously that insecure or just so full of yourself that you can't handle anyone bringing up a counterpoint to your opinion? Teams play non-conference games. Washington-Wazzu are in the EXACT same situation as Oregon-Oregon State and yet they ARE continuing their game, so it's nowhere near out of the realm of possibility that they could continue as well, at least until the schools involved say otherwise. If you were the college football expert you seem to believe you are, you would get that and wouldn't make some smug, nonsensical comment that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, because you would have something of value and relevance to say. You have just lost any credibility you may have had because you have set yourself up as someone you is incapable of having a rational conversation that involves differing opinions than yours.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon and Oregon State are in discussions about keeping the rivalry alive. Nothing is finalized yet but at the very least there are talks about scheduling a game between the two next year. Oregon will have to agree to a buyout with one of their already-scheduled non-conference opponents in 2024, or agree with one of those schools to move games to future seasons.

That's impossible because Oregon is gonna be in the Big Ten and need to put all of their focus on those schools.

(/sarcasm.👍)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Reason why I said that was because Texas A&M moved to the SEC and only played University of Texas once. So to be honest, Oregon State will be without Oregon because the main focus of Oregon, Washington, UCLA, and USC is that they will be more focused or in tuned to the Big 10 teams and would only play Oregon State once, Texas will renew their Texas A&M rivalry once they go into the SEC with Oklahoma and two other teams joining them.

Iowa and Iowa State still play every year, so it wouldn’t be unprecedented for a B1G team to keep honoring an in-state rivalry. Though it won’t be rivalry week anymore, since I’m sure the B1G will want UO vs UW and UCLA-USC to be a part of the B1G rivalry week inventory (along with Michigan-Ohio State, Minnesota-Wisconsin, Indiana-Purdue, and Illinois-Northwestern). 

• Like 4

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

12 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

The longstanding superstition among Gator fans regarding orange/blue/orange is "look like Illinois, play like Illinois." IIRC the only win in that combo is 2016 North Texas.

Granted, Florida plays like Illinois regardless of the combo now, but still.

Are you a Florida fan, because personally I’ve never heard of this being a lifelong fan? Tbh, that “superstition” sounds really dumb if true. I’d be very welcome to blue over orange every now and then. It’s still a really

nice, clean look that you could argue is better than the blue over white combo. Reminds me of the Browns going brown over orange.

Imo, while I prefer the blue, for a team with an orange helmet, we don’t use the orange pants enough like we should.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Iowa and Iowa State still play every year, so it wouldn’t be unprecedented for a B1G team to keep honoring an in-state rivalry. Though it won’t be rivalry week anymore, since I’m sure the B1G will want UO vs UW and UCLA-USC to be a part of the B1G rivalry week inventory (along with Michigan-Ohio State, Minnesota-Wisconsin, Indiana-Purdue, and Illinois-Northwestern). 

Oh ok. You are right!

10 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Are you a Florida fan, because personally I’ve never heard of this being a lifelong fan? Tbh, that “superstition” sounds really dumb if true. I’d be very welcome to blue over orange every now and then. It’s still a really

nice, clean look that you could argue is better than the blue over white combo. Reminds me of the Browns going brown over orange.

Imo, while I prefer the blue, for a team with an orange helmet, we don’t use the orange pants enough like we should.

I am, and I've heard people say it for a while whenever that combo gets brought up. I don't know who coined it first, and the only results on Google are the CCSLC and Reddit, but I know I've heard it multiple times in real life so yeah.

I think it's our worst of the 3 home combos, but it still looks pretty good so I'm open to it as a once-per-season thing. Same thing with orange pants on the road. My personal "ideal" schedule would be

- Biggest home game of the season plus Tennessee: O/B/B

- Kentucky or some other blue dominant team: O/O/W

- Homecoming: 1966 throwback W/B/W

- One cupcake: O/B/O

- All other games (should be 2 assuming a 7 game home slate): O/B/W

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

On 11/26/2023 at 11:27 AM, upperV03 said:

from what I've heard, it sounds like Oregon is reaching out to Boise State about potentially rescheduling their current 2-for-1 agreement or Oregon buying it out. Nothing has been said on the Boise State side of things publicly at least. 

• Like 4

AmPJ0Ty.png 

19 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

I’m a Gator fan and have said it in reference to the combo, I wouldn’t call it a superstition though. I just think the combo is terrible looking and happens to match Illinois who plays terrible on the field and tends to look terrible. I just really don’t think that combo is befitting of the Gators much in the same way I’ve thought our home white outs, Gator skin, and black helmet weren’t befitting of the brand.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 11/26/2023 at 9:24 PM, Mingjai said:

Just noting that UCLA-USC hasn't been on the last week of the season since 2015, and is only ever on that date in odd years due to USC traditionally finishing even years at home against Notre Dame. There's always the chance the Big Ten puts an end to that, but you'd think their media partners (read: NBC) would rather have Notre Dame @ USC penciled in for the last game of the season than UCLA @ USC (not to mention the 2024 and 2026 ND-USC games are already scheduled to end the year).

• Like 2

6fQjS3M.png

So many beautiful color v color and generally contrasting matchups this week! Some of my favorites:

71695637007-usatsi-21963905.jpg?crop=492GettyImages-1801113411.jpg?w=1280

a730508a-f3a1-4b58-bf9d-7294bae75f29_114

A6VTORBX6FDVXKK7RXNUSFF3DY.jpg

unc_ncstate_football_nc_ap

Nominee for worst of the week: Tulane has amazing colors, logos, and uniforms. These happen to be their worst IMO, which still aren't horrible. UTSA has perfectly fine uniforms (and a fantastic nickname), but I prefer their blue pants over the orange, especially when their white jerseys feature almost no orange. When a school with deep green and powder blue faced a team with navy blue and orange yet most of those colors were relegated to accents, that's disappointing to a uni-nerd like myself. Both schools have many other options that would look better than this. 

3a99fde0-8b27-11ee-b1af-c51b5f13edaf

• Like 5

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

3 hours ago, Green27 said:

a730508a-f3a1-4b58-bf9d-7294bae75f29_114

Ok, I need somebody to explain to me what going on here.

I can't figure out what's worse: the fact that UK has chrome helmets at all, or the style of #90s helmet. Thing looks like a chromed out Green Ranger helmet...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Ducks will be in the clean and classic green/white/white combo for Friday’s Pac-12 Championship Game:

spacer.png

Should be a great looking game as long as the Huskies don’t bring out their gold chrome lids or their trashy “Royalty” uniforms.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

48 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I can't figure out what's worse: the fact that UK has chrome helmets at all, or the style of #90s helmet. Thing looks like a chromed out Green Ranger helmet...

It's a kind of helmet made for lineman constantly bonking heads with each other. George Kittle and the Bosa brothers wear them in the NFL

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

A few days late to the party here, but I just wanted to say I thought Oregon looked bad in the Civil War. Either green or yellow pants would have been a better option. Also green vs orange is a pretty jarring matchup. I can’t imagine that’s easy on colorblind eyes or people watching without sunglasses on.

• Like 3

On 11/27/2023 at 9:04 PM, crashcarson15 said:

Just noting that UCLA-USC hasn't been on the last week of the season since 2015, and is only ever on that date in odd years due to USC traditionally finishing even years at home against Notre Dame. There's always the chance the Big Ten puts an end to that, but you'd think their media partners (read: NBC) would rather have Notre Dame @ USC penciled in for the last game of the season than UCLA @ USC (not to mention the 2024 and 2026 ND-USC games are already scheduled to end the year).

You’re right. I’d imagine UCLA-USC would fit well in the B1G’s rivalry week lineup during the USC at Notre Dame years. I image the B1G will move some rivalry week games to Friday night to keep their broadcast partners happy.

I guess the other option for the B1G is to market a late October/early November mini-rivalry week for the B1G teams with secondary rivals and always have UCLA-USC there along with Michigan-Michigan State and Minnesota-Iowa.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Green27 said:

So many beautiful color v color and generally contrasting matchups this week! Some of my favorites:

unc_ncstate_football_nc_ap

UNC-NC State needs to learn from UCLA-USC and BYU-Utah and become an annual color vs color matchup. Same with Florida-Georgia and Georgia-Ga. Tech.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

UNC-NC State needs to learn from UCLA-USC and BYU-Utah and become an annual color vs color matchup. Same with Florida-Georgia and Georgia-Ga. Tech.

Since Georgia Tech's primary home uniform is white, I don't see a reason for them to wear navy or gold. 

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

You’re right. I’d imagine UCLA-USC would fit well in the B1G’s rivalry week lineup during the USC at Notre Dame years. I image the B1G will move some rivalry week games to Friday night to keep their broadcast partners happy.

I guess the other option for the B1G is to market a late October/early November mini-rivalry week for the B1G teams with secondary rivals and always have UCLA-USC there along with Michigan-Michigan State and Minnesota-Iowa.

I think for USC this is what they would be happy with since they rotate the last game of the year between UCLA and Notre Dame. 

21 hours ago, tBBP said:

I wouldn't mind the chrome helmet as much if they used blue decals instead of white. Personally, I don't like it at all, but at least make it so we can tell what your logo is. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png