College Football 2023

Rixaroo

guessing we'll get Michigan in Rose Bowl unis v Washington in gold, white, purple. Won't look bad..unless we're treated to all navy vs all white. 🙄

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

It will almost definitely be a different jersey since that one has Rose Bowl-specific iconography on it. I'm guessing we see Michigan back to the regular navy jersey, but whether they bring the maize or navy pants is a mystery. I'm hoping they keep the good luck charm going and go for maize pants and white accessories, but I fear they go back to the other good luck charm in the Big Game Blues that they wore when beating Ohio State twice. 

Washington wore white five times this year, three times with purple pants and twice with white. I'll lean purple pants for that one, especially since they wore those when they beat Michigan in 1992. 

• Like 5

On 1/2/2024 at 1:57 PM, lahaye7 said:

guessing we'll get Michigan in Rose Bowl unis (minus the shoulder patch)v Washington in gold, white, purple. Won't look bad..unless we're treated to all navy vs all white. 🙄

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:40 PM, aawagner011 said:

Do you think Michigan will do special shoulder graphics again or was that just a Rose Bowl special?

Probably nothing special since the game doesn't have anything other than generic branding.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This stupid meme is the best photo I’ve found of the field so far. The black endzones have worked the last several years but will be horrible this year considering UW is purple and gold and Michigan is maize and blue.

2023 Georgia vs TCU

2022 Georgia vs Alabama

2021 Alabama vs Ohio State

Those three matchups all worked fine because most schools feature black, or in Alabama’s case it’s a neutral color that didn’t clash with their simple color palette of only crimson and white.

2020 LSU vs Clemson would have been horrible, but as far as I recall, that has been the only CFP National Championship that featured plain grass colored endzones with only the wordmarks. I believe that’s just a Superdome thing, because the Sugar Bowl seems to always go plain endzones, too. A few of the Peach Bowls have used plain endzones, but when the title game was in Atlanta in 2018 (2017 season), it did feature black endzones.

I’ll be curious to see if there are any changes for the 12 team playoff. I wish they’d go with regular team colored endzones.

• Like 2

The Michigan mannequin at media day is wearing all blue. I'm guessing this is what Michigan wears Monday night. They wore this combo for the first time under the Jordan brand back in 2021... against Washington in a blowout win at home under the lights. 

vfw17lzvnwac1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=cb96370c3

I suspect this is the matchup we're getting: 

1339753839.0.jpg

• Hurl 2
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 4

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Michigan mannequin at media day is wearing all blue. I'm guessing this is what Michigan wears Monday night. They wore this combo for the first time under the Jordan brand back in 2021... against Washington in a blowout win at home under the lights. 

vfw17lzvnwac1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=cb96370c3

I suspect this is the matchup we're getting: 

1339753839.0.jpg

It's not the worst monochrome combo out there, but what a shame really. I was already rooting for Washington and this makes it easier

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Need Washington to save this matchup with gold pants. Not because Washington’s purple pants is a bad look on the road, but they’d clash with Michigan’s all navy. It’s weird to me that Michigan is playing for their first title in a long time and they don’t choose the classic look. Had they worn the maize pants, any pants that Washington chooses would have looked great.

• Like 3

Michigan and Washington both failed a very easy assignment. The blue pants are fine for a game against Rutgers or Indiana in October, but yellow is the only option for the Natty. U-Dub isn’t as egregious but the correct answer was blue over yellow vs. white over purple.
#disappointed

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

It's been a long journey for Michigan to get back to the national championship. They haven't played in a title game before and Harbaugh was dogged for years about losing big games (against rivals and in bowls). Not to mention everything that went down this season.

And they choose not to wear their classic, iconic uniform in favor of alternate monochrome pants. They are so easy to hate. Go Huskies!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Michigan and Washington both failed a very easy assignment. The blue pants are fine for a game against Rutgers or Indiana in October, but yellow is the only option for the Natty. U-Dub isn’t as egregious but the correct answer was blue over yellow vs. white over purple.
#disappointed

100 agree, I hate everything 

9 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

The football world has collectively lost its mind in regards to uniform aesthetics

I mean, when you could have a very classic Winged/Blue/Maize vs Gold/White/Purple matchup available and you get all blue vs all white it isn't as pleasing.

• Like 4

I’ll be curious to watch how the midfield logo holds up today. You can see the Texans logo just barely peaking through before kickoff. That leads me to believe the Texans logo is embedded into the turf permanently and they sprayed green over it.

You may recall the 2022 game in Indianapolis had the same setup. The turf looked great before kick and looked abysmal by the end of the game.

spacer.png

• Like 1