College Football 2023

Rixaroo

4 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Also, Ohio State's QB is wearing 33. I have only been watching, not listening, so I'm not sure why that is.

His dad's a huge Sammy Baugh fan so he started wearing the number as a kid

• Like 3

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Looks like Michigan is going with maize pants, blue jerseys. And the jersey's have big ole school shoulder patches. 😀 Bama in traditional road look, gonna be great looking Rose Bowl 

• Like 5

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Never thought they'd bring back the shoulder patches! That pumps me up.

I'm definitely biased here, but man Michigan has the best uniforms in all of football. The classic home speaks for itself. I was born in the 90s but I remember seeing pictures of the white, striped pants from the 70s and thinking they looked great. So happy Harbaugh brought those back. That seems to be an unpopular opinion, but the reason I like it is because of color balance. Maize/Blue are pretty equally represented in the home uniform. With maize pants and a white jersey, the classic away uniform is too maize-heavy. The striping on the 70s all-white keeps the balance between maize and blue pretty equal. Also I love how the stripes mimic the back of the helmet. The switch to Jordan was a perfect update; a custom font that isn't obnoxious, helmet bumpers changing from white to blue (keeps the home uniforms strictly maize and blue), but most importantly - fixing the shade of maize! The highlighter yellow was awful - the new one is perfect. And this is probably another unpopular opinion but I like the all-blue home alternate a lot. With two different jerseys and three different pants, I think they do an excellent job of mixing up combos while still looking like Michigan. Definitely some combinations I don't love, like white jersey/blue pants, but if it's enough to scratch their itch for alternates, I'm cool with it. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

Never thought they'd bring back the shoulder patches! That pumps me up.

I'm definitely biased here, but man Michigan has the best uniforms in all of football. The classic home speaks for itself. I was born in the 90s but I remember seeing pictures of the white, striped pants from the 70s and thinking they looked great. So happy Harbaugh brought those back. That seems to be an unpopular opinion, but the reason I like it is because of color balance. Maize/Blue are pretty equally represented in the home uniform. With maize pants and a white jersey, the classic away uniform is too maize-heavy. The striping on the 70s all-white keeps the balance between maize and blue pretty equal. Also I love how the stripes mimic the back of the helmet. The switch to Jordan was a perfect update; a custom font that isn't obnoxious, helmet bumpers changing from white to blue (keeps the home uniforms strictly maize and blue), but most importantly - fixing the shade of maize! The highlighter yellow was awful - the new one is perfect. And this is probably another unpopular opinion but I like the all-blue home alternate a lot. With two different jerseys and three different pants, I think they do an excellent job of mixing up combos while still looking like Michigan. Definitely some combinations I don't love, like white jersey/blue pants, but if it's enough to scratch their itch for alternates, I'm cool with it. 

The advantage of the Untouchable and FUSE is that there's plenty of space on the shoulder if you want to do this. Nice to see them back.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

I just noticed the "Mich1Gan" helmet bumper...I think that's new...and real dumb.

Yeah, that's new for the playoffs. They had the Block M on the bumper all year. 

11 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Penn State has moved their conference patch under the swoosh to make room for the bowl patch.

This actually looked good. It declutters the front a bunch. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

LSU wearing purple jerseys with gold pants today against Wisconsin in the ReliaQuest Bowl.

I know, I know tradition and all, but man LSU’s purple jerseys are such a great look and should be worn more often. I hate LSU, but it’s always a welcomed surprise to see them in the proper purple uniforms.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Why are Bevo’s handlers wearing the title game patch? They haven’t qualified yet.

That's just the Playoff patch I think. They also use it as the championship patch, but it isn't just that.

What a fantastic looking Rose Bowl, and we got a game that lived up to the hype as well. Note sure college football gets better looking than this. Some pics from it:

1893312131.jpg

1893311970.jpg

1900845857.jpg

1893312427.jpg

1900908425.jpg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

LSU wearing purple jerseys with gold pants today against Wisconsin in the ReliaQuest Bowl.

I know, I know tradition and all, but man LSU’s purple jerseys are such a great look and should be worn more often. I hate LSU, but it’s always a welcomed surprise to see them in the proper purple uniforms.

It would take a long time to look  and confirm but this may be the only time LSU has worn purple in a bowl game.

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Having the Rose Bowl patch on the jerseys when they already have the graphic on the shoulders was too much. 

I agree, not sure if it's unpopular but the Rose Bowl graphic on the shoulders seemed a bit silly and excessive to me, though pretty inconsequential. I guess it's their version of Clemson adding the tiger paw or Ohio State going with the throwbacks in the playoffs.

I also wasn't much of a fan of the white accessories most players were wearing, I would have much preferred they sticked to navy and maize.

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Sad Washington left the gold pants at home. 

Also agree. I don't hate the all-purple but would much prefer the gold pants.

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

That's just the Playoff patch I think. They also use it as the championship patch, but it isn't just that.

I’ve watched every single semi final and title game in the CFP era and have never seen the logo used outside of the championship. It’s nowhere on the field, sidelines, or television graphics for the semifinals.

• Applause 1

Super subtle detail, but I’ve noticed Nike has changed the diamond swoosh for their CFP participants.

For the longest time, it looked like this. The black outline was fairly thick and there wasn’t much definition to the diamond detail.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This year’s diamond swoosh looks like this. The outline is much thinner and the swoosh has much more texture and definition to it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Interestingly, some of the Nike media day outfits have used a diamond swoosh like this version.

spacer.png

I haven’t gotten a great look at Michigan. It’s harder to tell because theirs is contrasting against dark blue so it’s less obvious. I think they are using the same diamond Jumpman they have the last couple years. The outline looks a bit thick.

spacer.png

• Like 6