2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

I like the Flyers and the Rangers Jerseys, the nameplate on the back of the Philly jersey is a really cool feature, and the NYR jersey looks great, though it probably is more suited to a Winter Classic than a Stadium Series match.

Not feeling the Devils and Islanders, the Isles feel underwhelming and the Devils really need to get reacquainted with hem striping for Jerseys other than their Reverse Retros.

55 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Nah.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Put the modern fin on the chest and relegate the triangle shark to the sleeves (if even on the set at all) and those would maybe overtake them. Oh, and replace the black gear with teal gear (with a black-silver-black stripe).

The new sweater has really convinced me that the triangle shark/shark biting on a stick needs to be tossed out now.

• Dislike 5

56 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

though it probably is more suited to a Winter Classic than a Stadium Series match.

Oversized striping and TV numbers, massive diagonal letters that spell out an abbreviation rather than the team name. All elements that toally belong more on a Winter Classic jersey than a Stadium Series jersey.

That Sharks third looks fantastic.  It would look cleaner without the gradient but that's just a small nitpick.  This is the fist time a long time where a team's third jersey unveiling didn't scream "alternate for alternate's sake."

• Like 1

Sharks:

Wow I'm apprently the only person in the whole wide world who thinks they suck. I have a feeling the million tiny stripes is becoming a new trend and I already hate it. Black is boring. All of their black jerseys have been boring and unneeded. Imagine being the only teal team and thinking "no, let's wear black instead". What they need is a throwback to be worn as a full time alternate

NYR:

Surprisingly, I like it. For an outdoors jersey, it just works. I'm sure it's gonna look great on a player with full gear

Flyers:

NO CONTRASTING NAMEPLATES! Just for that, I would give it a passing grade. It feels like a 70s Flyers jersey from an alternate timeline. Like it could have been in the movie Slapshot if the real life team never existed. Not bad, not bad at all

Devils:

Uninspired garbage. Needs white trim. I don't have too many good things to say about this one, just feels like an inferior version of the home jersey

Islanders:

Pure garbage. I have not one single good thing to say about this one. Fire everyone involved in the creation of this monstrosity

• Like 2
  • Yawn 3

13 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Oversized striping and TV numbers, massive diagonal letters that spell out an abbreviation rather than the team name. All elements that toally belong more on a Winter Classic jersey than a Stadium Series jersey.

It's got a cream base and the classic Rangers font for the NYR and the numbers, it still has a Winter Classic feeling despite the oversized striping and large team numbers.

1 minute ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It's got a cream base and the classic Rangers font for the NYR and the numbers, it still has a Winter Classic feeling despite the oversized striping and large team numbers.

That's not a cream base, as far as I can tell.

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

That's not a cream base, as far as I can tell.

It's referred to as cream/heritage white on the Mothership article, and it looks slightly cream in the header and in comparison to Philly (though that might be due to lighting)

2024-stadium-series-jerseys-750x489.jpg

Apparently the orange stripe on the jersey for the Islanders is supposed to invoke the load line on cargo ships.

9 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Apparently the orange stripe on the jersey for the Islanders is supposed to invoke the load line on cargo ships.

It makes sense. I'm in the minority that likes it, and I think that's because I get fisherman slicker vibes from it. Would've looked better with some white trim, but it's not as bad as everybody's saying right now. It'll look better with the full uni.

• Like 3

1. Flyers (needs number outlines)

2. Rangers (why can't you just give us back white Lady Liberty)

3. Devils (we got a black jersey, so why not a black logo?)

4. Isles (NYI has had some stinkers, but this may be one of the worst)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't think I will ever like a jersey with a nickname on it. 

The Islanders basically have taken every special jersey opportunity and spent about 5 minutes on it.  RR, RR2,  and now this. Brutal effort. 

The rest of them are just fine to me. I have come to not really look forward to the jerseys for this event. I get the purpose of making somewhat outlandish jerseys, but it's just not my cup of tea. That's probably why I like the Flyers the best out of these four. 

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Black on red is always a tough contrast. I could see the logos and numbers being okay because of the size but there's no way the names are going to be visible at a distance, especially football stadium hockey distance.

You say that like anyone will be reading the NOB’s in any game other than close up shot

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

8 minutes ago, tp49 said:

While not as bad as either of the black monstrosities the Islanders used years ago these Stadium Series jerseys are 🤮.  Straight trash.

This Stadium Series jersey somehow isn't even the lowest effort Islanders jersey of the last few years

spacer.png

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

the million tiny stripes

Sounds like a book white women discover on TikTok

The Sharks alternate is good but I still prefer the originals and the alternating black (hard) and teal (soft) elements.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sharks: Love these, the like gradient? stripes work better than I thought they would when it was announced how many stripes there'd be.

Rangers: These are pretty good and probably the best of the 4.

Devils: These are ok, but need white somewhere. Like that there's a waist stripe again.

Flyers: meh, can take it or leave it.

Islanders: This is bad and in a distant 4th place of the Stadium Series' jerseys.