2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

49 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Not even the best uniform matchup featuring the North Stars throwback. Let's throw some blue into that:

spacer.png

(The Rangers' and Flames' away jerseys are also my two favorite away jerseys in the league)

I didn't see that the Wild wore their North Starts look against the Rangers, i agree that some blue adds a beautiful touch.

This is why i'm torn apart by the Wild's North stars look. On one hand they should let the North stars rest in peace but on the other hand, this look is way better than their current set. And a matchup like this one confirms it imo

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

Agreed.  Their entire uniform history, since winning the cup in 06, has been an endless comedy of blunders...

Cluttering their distinctive Championship jerseys with unnecessary piping.

Ditching their storm flag striping to play Team Canada cosplay and having a generic road counterpart that doesn't even match.

Somewhat redeeming their home jersey for the Adidas changeover while leaving the road unchanged.

Managing to make their already abysmal road jersey even worse with a derivative diagonal script, bush-league nickname and worse striping.

Making their ridiculously ugly Black alternate their full time home jersey.

Bringing back their best jersey for one season before retiring it for good.

Not having a matching home and road in over ten years.

Not being able to decide on a primary logo.

Coloured helmets on the road. 

Minimizing silver to the point where it barely exists.

The list goes on and on...

Morgan, we disagreed constantly over the years but this time, I fully agree with you 1000%.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

Not even the best uniform matchup featuring the North Stars throwback. Let's throw some blue into that:

spacer.png

(The Rangers' and Flames' away jerseys are also my two favorite away jerseys in the league)

Your homer is showing

• Yawn 1

7 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

What does this have to do with 2023-24 NHL jersey changes?

People post uniform matchups that they like in this thread all the time. It isn't necessarily a change, this is simply THE thread to discuss NHL uniforms on this site during the 2023-24 NHL season.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

11 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

I'm sure people on here have had more than enough of posters whining about jersey adverts...  But that "TRIA" patch is just absolutely horrendous and spoils the entire look. 

We finally get proper North Stars colours back after 30+ years and they're ruined by that.

• Like 3

The Wild's green and yellow jerseys are decet (I don't love them as hard as a lot of people seem to) but I think their red and green jerseys are beautiful and they should just continue to own that look. I find it to be far superior to the North Stars re-colouring, and it's their history as the Wild. By doing this they are yet another team succumbing to an alternate history that shouldn't dilute their already unique and strong identity. 

• Like 1

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

The Wild's green and yellow jerseys are decet (I don't love them as hard as a lot of people seem to) but I think their red and green jerseys are beautiful and they should just continue to own that look. I find it to be far superior to the North Stars re-colouring, and it's their history as the Wild. By doing this they are yet another team succumbing to an alternate history that shouldn't dilute their already unique and strong identity. 

I'm just glad somebody brought those colours back since Dallas would rather ice an even tackier "Black Ice' fashion jersey than honor their true history... 

Those colours are too good for nobody to use them.  Just get rid of that hideous advert and it's one of the best looks in the league.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

I'm just glad somebody brought those colours back since Dallas would rather ice an even tackier "Black Ice' fashion jersey than honor their true history... 

Those colours are too good for nobody to use them.  Just get rid of that hideous advert and it's one of the best looks in the league.

Is it bad that I absolutely love the Stars alternate jersey? I think as a third jersey, it is really cool.

21 hours ago, Bayne said:

I think the best way forward for the Wild is to switch to forest green and gold.

• Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Is it bad that I absolutely love the Stars alternate jersey? I think as a third jersey, it is really cool.

As long as you're not being a dick, like what you like.

It's not really my cup of tea, but I understand why people like it and the idea behind the uniform, and it's a lot better than the Mono for Monos sake Oilers and Devils alternates, and the Canes almost mono now home uniform.

Thoughts from the official Lightning 3rd unveiling:

- Hooray, drop shadowing!

- Not using silver numbers is a big miss.

- Putting one silver stripe on each sleeve and not incorporating the color anywhere else makes no sense. Especially when you can put one on the hem, go Full Brandspeak, and tell everyone how the three silver stripes represent the franchise's Cup victories.

- While we're at the hem, why did you decide to go with one white stripe of a completely different width here? It's like you had different teams working on the body and on the sleeves.

- The sleeve striping actually looks better on non-jersey merch, like hoodies and zip-ups. Maybe it's because those items don't have the thick white stripe to undo the look.

- No shoulder patches from a team that always has had them and has a simple, scalable primary logo just comes off as lazy. If they had taken the primary logo and given it the same drop shadowing treatment they've used on the numbers, it would be awesome.

So, like every Lightning attempt to bring back the black, they could have had something here, but unfortunately they really don't.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Thoughts from the official Lightning 3rd unveiling:

- Hooray, drop shadowing!

- Not using silver numbers is a big miss.

- Putting one silver stripe on each sleeve and not incorporating the color anywhere else makes no sense. Especially when you can put one on the hem, go Full Brandspeak, and tell everyone how the three silver stripes represent the franchise's Cup victories.

- While we're at the hem, why did you decide to go with one white stripe of a completely different width here? It's like you had different teams working on the body and on the sleeves.

- The sleeve striping actually looks better on non-jersey merch, like hoodies and zip-ups. Maybe it's because those items don't have the thick white stripe to undo the look.

- No shoulder patches from a team that always has had them and has a simple, scalable primary logo just comes off as lazy. If they had taken the primary logo and given it the same drop shadowing treatment they've used on the numbers, it would be awesome.

So, like every Lightning attempt to bring back the black, they could have had something here, but unfortunately they really don't.

https://www.fox13news.com/video/1411621

It gives yawn, as the kids say

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The detailing and blue outline on the crest (!) are the best parts of this. The victory stripes finally being prominently featured by a team that has tried to minimalize them for so long is also nice, but the overall uniform feels lacking in uniformity.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I think the best way forward for the Wild is to switch to forest green and gold.

Do you mean Packers colors or more like USF colors? Because the former wouldn't fly with a lot of people.

35 minutes ago, 5ss22 said:

Do you mean Packers colors or more like USF colors? Because the former wouldn't fly with a lot of people.

This is like saying 49ers fans in the Bay Area won’t be Warriors fans because they have the same colors as the Rams. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.