2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

45 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

The more I look at these SS jerseys, the more I feel like all four of them missed the mark, but the Rangers' missed it by the smallest amount followed shortly thereafter by the Devils'.

I've actually come around a lot on the Rangers SS jersey. The more I look at it, the more I love it. I think what works about it is that the Rangers finally released a special jersey that doesn't have any navy blue. That's always been a pet peeve of mine with any special Rangers design -- the jersey ends up looking too dark. It's so refreshing to see a design without navy blue.

I'm not kidding -- Every alternate/special Rangers jersey ends up using navy blue (the second RR had navy blue trim):

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I'm not kidding -- Every alternate/special Rangers jersey ends up using navy blue (the second RR had navy blue trim)

To be fair, when your most well-known nickname is "Broadway Blueshirts", it kinda makes sense that they'd end up keeping to blue for alternate jersey designs.

Plus, there's the little problem of red jerseys being associated primarily with the Devils within the Tri-State Area.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

To be fair, when your most well-known nickname is "Broadway Blueshirts", it kinda makes sense that they'd end up keeping to blue for alternate jersey designs.

You didn't get my point -- I'm so glad they're using royal blue for this design instead of navy blue.

• Like 6

Speaking on the Rangers, I watched a game about a week or two ago in which they wore their new alternate. And I have to say, the shield as the crest has grown on me. The sleeve striping pattern is waaaay to busy. I wonder what it would look like if they took the hem stripes, changed them to either royal-white-royal or red-white-red, and then duplicated that on the sleeve striping...

I do agree with @ruttep though. I much prefer royal to navy. 

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Speaking on the Rangers, I watched a game about a week or two ago in which they wore their new alternate. And I have to say, the shield as the crest has grown on me. The sleeve striping pattern is waaaay to busy. I wonder what it would look like if they took the hem stripes, changed them to either royal-white-royal or red-white-red, and then duplicated that on the sleeve striping...

I do agree with @ruttep though. I much prefer royal to navy. 

The sleeve stripes are royal-white-red-white-royal for a specific reason though

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The sleeve stripes are royal-white-red-white-royal for a specific reason though

My main point was that simplified sleeve striping pattern would benefit that jersey. 

What is the reason for the sleeve color pattern? Maybe i am missing something

16 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

My main point was that simplified sleeve striping pattern would benefit that jersey. 

What is the reason for the sleeve color pattern? Maybe i am missing something

Simpler would probably be better. The sleeve stripes are supposed to look like the exterior blue-white-red-white-blue lights of MSG (as the lights highlight the home blue jersey stripes)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Simpler would probably be better. The sleeve stripes are supposed to look like the exterior blue-white-red-white-blue lights of MSG (as the lights highlight the home blue jersey stripes)

Ah that makes sense. Thanks @WSU151 

I must have not read the details when it came out

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 1:18 PM, ruttep said:

I've actually come around a lot on the Rangers SS jersey. The more I look at it, the more I love it. I think what works about it is that the Rangers finally released a special jersey that doesn't have any navy blue. That's always been a pet peeve of mine with any special Rangers design -- the jersey ends up looking too dark. It's so refreshing to see a design without navy blue.

I'm not kidding -- Every alternate/special Rangers jersey ends up using navy blue (the second RR had navy blue trim):

spacer.png

Navy or not, it's an absolute travesty that this is not their full time alternate.

• Like 4
  • Meh 1

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

okay, i'm actually kinda digging the full uniforms

I'm not, but it is the All-Star Game, so whatever. At least no real team is wearing something this gimmicky.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:42 AM, M4One said:

So the jerseys are just plain white and not cream like the mothership had it as.  I guess it was just really poor lighting in the promo pics,

spacer.png

Thank goodness, this looks much better as a white jersey than it would if they went with a cream colour.

• Like 5

What is on the right side of the Vamos Gatos logo? A juicer? Those little bathroom dixie cups?

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

12 minutes ago, MiK said:

What is on the right side of the Vamos Gatos logo? A juicer? Those little bathroom dixie cups?

Looks like a cocktail shaker.

EDIT: nvm, alt text on twitter says they are "cafecito cups"

Cafe Qban Cafecito Set — 305vibe

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 5:12 PM, ruttep said:

This Stadium Series jersey somehow isn't even the lowest effort Islanders jersey of the last few years

spacer.png

That was low effort as hell but. :censored:, at least they looked like the Islanders. I didn't mind those for that reason. I get it, those RR's were literally "swap the orange and white stripes from the mid-2000s", an untrained eye might not even notice the difference between those and the sweaters that Mark Parrish and Mariusz Czerkawski wore, but maybe that's the point...some of the RR's involved color swaps that simply didn't fit with the ethos of the original designs, they didn't make sense in that arrangement. The Lightning taking the OG storm jersey and giving it a white background was nonsensical because you don't picture storms occurring in bright surroundings. In this case, "less is more" and all that crap...it's obviously not lost on me that Lou Lamoriello has been in the Isles organization throughout these years.

• Like 1

spacer.png