2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

There's been some talk among the Rangers fanbase about whether to wear the navy alternates in the playoffs, since they went 9-1 in them, but I don't see that actually happening.

• Hurl 2

13 hours ago, ruttep said:

There's been some talk among the Rangers fanbase about whether to wear the navy alternates in the playoffs, since they went 9-1 in them, but I don't see that actually happening.

IMO the Rangers home blues are a top 3 uniform in the league, so this would be awful. But I guess it wouldn't be unprecedented for them to break out an alternate for the playoffs.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 8:24 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

Oilers possibly releasing a new jersey next week... Looking at the pictures though and seeing who they were posted by (ICE District Authentic, the team's official store), I have a feeling that they are rereleasing the original Todd McFarlane jersey as well as the home jersey from the 2006 finals for fans to purchase. Don't think we will see them on the ice.

GKQSvF7aoAELoIx?format=jpg&name=360x360GKQSvHBaoAAXo62?format=jpg&name=360x360

Oilers Ease Out New Jersey Reveal

Confirmed, they are the Mitchell & Ness "Legends" jerseys

On 4/8/2024 at 10:01 AM, Mr. Krabs said:

And remember in 2007, the Canucks started the playoffs with their regular navy blue orca jerseys for their first three games at home (including the legendary Game 1 in 4OT), and then switched to their retro stick-in-rink royal blue jerseys for the rest of the playoffs starting with Game 7 against Dallas. So they, and the Sabres that year, broke that rule. Were they ever disciplined in some way for it?

Just a note, the Aquilini family (owners of the Canucks) has always preferred blue and green.

On 4/8/2024 at 10:01 AM, Mr. Krabs said:

And remember in 2007, the Canucks started the playoffs with their regular navy blue orca jerseys for their first three games at home (including the legendary Game 1 in 4OT), and then switched to their retro stick-in-rink royal blue jerseys for the rest of the playoffs starting with Game 7 against Dallas. So they, and the Sabres that year, broke that rule. Were they ever disciplined in some way for it?

And the Canucks only did that because they blew a 3-1 series lead.  

As for this year, chances are they will stick to their primaries.  Four years ago, Thomas Drance, who is a sports reporter in Vancouver, tweeted out that the Canucks organization has decided to always wear the primary jersey in the playoffs for posterity.  Obviously, things can change since then.  I rather they just stick to their primaries, as well, as that is their best look.

Rumor has it that the Coyotes' move to Salt Lake City next year is confirmed. If this happens, then we're practically guaranteed new uniforms and quite possibly a new identity altogether, as the Kachina look would make no sense in the Beehive State. But, SLC does have a history adopting regionally incompatible team names...(looks at Jazz)

1 hour ago, paul_mucus said:

Rumor has it that the Coyotes' move to Salt Lake City next year is confirmed. If this happens, then we're practically guaranteed new uniforms and quite possibly a new identity altogether, as the Kachina look would make no sense in the Beehive State. But, SLC does have a history adopting regionally incompatible team names...(looks at Jazz)

Don't forget Real Salt Lake.

9 hours ago, paul_mucus said:

This is more fit for the 2024-25 thread

15 hours ago, paul_mucus said:

But, SLC does have a history adopting regionally incompatible team names...(looks at Jazz)

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

I'd rather they suit up in the Mooterus...

Seriously, that is far and away the worst uniform in their entire history.

Same. These are all the same type of uniform and none of them work:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

These graphics the Stars are using on Twitter seem to suggest they might be wearing the black/neon green jerseys in the playoffs. I hope that's not the case

"PLAIOFFS", really?

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would add:

J.T. Miller took sobering shot at qualifying for next step in U.S. Open  quest | The Province

• Facepalm 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think dallas' works in that at least the green is vibrant enough to contrast with black*. it definitely doesn't fit well with dallas' identity and mileage varies on whether these look good or not, but at least it doesn't just look like black pajamas from more than 15 feet away. if these were for a team that actually had the theme and colors to match the neon i think it's a fine jersey.

*this may apply to the oilers too but nothing can convince me of those being aesthetically pleasing in any manner

• Like 4

Dallas is strange. I feel like they still haven't figured out the right look since moving from Minnesota. The closest is probably the star hemmed jersey from the Modano era. 

This is revisionists history.... but with the Dallas Cowboys (using  a star logo) and now the Houston Texans (star in the the bull's eye), and the Texas flag, wouldn't it have made sense for them to lean more into a Lonestar type look than hanging onto shreds of the Minnesota era? I mean, it couldn't have been a better fit.

I also feel like green has just never made sense for a Texas team. And recently they have brightened it, and now with the neon jersey it just feels super forced. In general, I like their color scheme, but it just doesn't feel like a Dallas team.

• Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

13e4818fd9d3b3caedef830e46c60a91388fbeca

That's simply the most boring uniform I've ever seen. There's not really much else to say. No front logo, not even a logo that looks like the female reproductive system. The black/neon green, on the other hand, is horrendously ugly to me. I will never be a fan of that neon green color, in any sport.