2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

9 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

That's a fantastic idea. I'd buy an official "bootleg" before a Fanatics replica with the cheap shiny logo anyday

Even cooler that it's an out-of-print jersey. More teams need to do that. I like that it feels like a big F You to Fanatics lol

The Habs have something similar with their heritage sweaters: https://www.tricoloresports.com/fc/ohpc0436-ouate-heritage-canadiens-1947-1948.html

These are more of an old wool sweater but they're outside of the adidas/fanatics ecosystem.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LaGrandeOrange said:

The Habs have something similar with their heritage sweaters: https://www.tricoloresports.com/fc/ohpc0436-ouate-heritage-canadiens-1947-1948.html

These are more of an old wool sweater but they're outside of the adidas/fanatics ecosystem.

There you go. They also have a 1910 Fanatics from the Centennial season that is not an official third jersey or anything. Just a single, random retro offering. I wish more teams did that

6 hours ago, M4One said:

Carolina Hurricanes are polling season ticket members about possible new logos.  I know some people don't like their current primary, but none of these would be an upgrade.  

spacer.png

I...actually don't hate the top right.  Might not be strong enough to be a primary crest, but it might make a nice shoulder patch.

I posted that Hurricanes image in the 24-25 thread before because I didn't know where to put it and mentioned there was someone in the Hurricanes subreddit who said they got the email said it felt more like a concept testing phase with the accompanying questions asking things like "do you like a stylized letter with team colors/concepts like Calgary’s ‘C’ or script words like…"

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

The first Carolina script probably has the best idea of incorporating the shape of North Carolina into the tail...except isn't the team supposed to appeal to both Carolinas? (Or is that the Panthers that appeal to both?)

They appeal to Online and maybe also the suburbs of Raleigh

• Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 hours ago, M4One said:

Carolina Hurricanes are polling season ticket members about possible new logos.  I know some people don't like their current primary, but none of these would be an upgrade.  

spacer.png

These are laughably bad but fitting considering the trajectory their identity has been on these past 10 years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

These are laughably bad but fitting considering the trajectory their identity has been on these past 10 years.

Continuing that trajectory and choosing three of these logos (because no two Carolina jerseys can have the same logo) would be grounds for contracting the franchise. They're such an embarassment.

Those scripts are fantastic. I'd love to see any one of them in the brand full-time. I like the top-left, although it might work better as a secondary sleeve patch. I like the top right could work with a little more refining. "Hurricanes" is such a bad name that's so hard to visualize as a logo. I'd rather they go to focusing on the double warning flag than the hurricane symbol, I think it's easier to work with.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 3 weeks later...

Oilers possibly releasing a new jersey next week... Looking at the pictures though and seeing who they were posted by (ICE District Authentic, the team's official store), I have a feeling that they are rereleasing the original Todd McFarlane jersey as well as the home jersey from the 2006 finals for fans to purchase. Don't think we will see them on the ice.

GKQSvF7aoAELoIx?format=jpg&name=360x360GKQSvHBaoAAXo62?format=jpg&name=360x360

Oilers Ease Out New Jersey Reveal

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Oilers possibly releasing a new jersey next week... Looking at the pictures though and seeing who they were posted by (ICE District Authentic, the team's official store), I have a feeling that they are rereleasing the original Todd McFarlane jersey as well as the home jersey from the 2006 finals for fans to purchase. Don't think we will see them on the ice.

GKQSvF7aoAELoIx?format=jpg&name=360x360GKQSvHBaoAAXo62?format=jpg&name=360x360

Oilers Ease Out New Jersey Reveal

Canucks have a few retro jerseys for sale at their team store. They're all Mitchell and Ness (and terribly quality compared to  the OG CCM's).

I am guessing that's what these will be

13 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Canucks have a few retro jerseys for sale at their team store. They're all Mitchell and Ness (and terribly quality compared to  the OG CCM's).

I think you are probably right. Retro M&N Smyth (1996-97 home) and Laraque (1997-98 road) went up on the team store's site recently.

https://www.icedistrictauthentics.com/collections/mitchell-ness-blue-line-retro-jerseys

Under FAQ it says more retros will be released this spring and fall. A poster on reddit said the next batch includes jerseys for Cujo, Weight, and Hemsky.

On 4/6/2024 at 2:20 PM, Mr. Krabs said:

Have there been any word as to who will wear their third jerseys in the playoffs? I'm especially curious as to what the Hurricanes will do this year with their identity crisis.

I have a feeling the Canucks might just elect to wear the Skate in the playoffs.

The Canucks also aren't really a team that wears alternates in the playoffs like Carolina or Minnesota; I think the only time they did it was 2007.

I think people are just getting themselves way too hyped for a Skate revival that almost certainly will not be happening. Too much equity in their current branding to toss it away now.

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

The Canucks also aren't really a team that wears alternates in the playoffs like Carolina or Minnesota; I think the only time they did it was 2007.

I think people are just getting themselves way too hyped for a Skate revival that almost certainly will not be happening. Too much equity in their current branding to toss it away now.

That's not counting that the whole "Free the Skate" thing was an astroturfed campaign to drive hype during a particularly low time for the club. Or that the hype for the third you see online is mostly being driven by an extremely vocal minority and non-Canuck fans. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:49 PM, Klondyke said:

Those photos show embroidery on the crest and patches, though. Everything on the new Fanatics & Ness NHL jerseys is done in lousy screened twill.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

And remember in 2007, the Canucks started the playoffs with their regular navy blue orca jerseys for their first three games at home (including the legendary Game 1 in 4OT), and then switched to their retro stick-in-rink royal blue jerseys for the rest of the playoffs starting with Game 7 against Dallas. So they, and the Sabres that year, broke that rule. Were they ever disciplined in some way for it?

2 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

And remember in 2007, the Canucks started the playoffs with their regular navy blue orca jerseys for their first three games at home (including the legendary Game 1 in 4OT), and then switched to their retro stick-in-rink royal blue jerseys for the rest of the playoffs starting with Game 7 against Dallas. So they, and the Sabres that year, broke that rule. Were they ever disciplined in some way for it?

I seem to recall that somebody here found an old article that made an off-hand mention of the rule coming in sometime after 2007, so the rule wasn't in place yet. 

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png