2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

The Browns . . . don't? They wear brown facemasks, and their alternate/throwback facemasks are white.

Currently they don't but probably like 75% of this userbase on CCSLF wish they wore grey like the good ol' days....

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Although the Avalanche have won the Stanley Cup in the past few years with their current look, instead of messing with their uniforms, I would love to see them go back to the drawing board and come up with something new.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Although the Avalanche have won the Stanley Cup in the past few years with their current look, instead of messing with their uniforms, I would love to see them go back to the drawing board and come up with something new.

idk….  Every concept I’ve seen of the Avs without mountain stripes looks odd.   Their current design feels too tied to their identity to change it.  

• Like 9

5 hours ago, SHaMROCK said:

If this is your belief I certainly hope you a against teams like the Cleveland Brown in the NFL wearing grey facemasks!!!

A facemask in football is like the chin strap of a hockey helmet. Do you ever hear people complaining about teams like the Habs or Rangers having black chin straps on their helmets?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 3

I'd disagree on the Avs needing to overhaul their color palette at all. If they have to change anything, just adding a second navy stripe on the hem and sleeves would be enough; put it above the silver on the road jersey and above the slate but below the silver on the home and you've effectively brought back the same look as the 90's-2000's Avs, just with navy replacing black.

Plus, I don't think the solution to the contrast issue is pairing a dark color (burgundy) with...a much darker shade of blue. If anything, that seems like the exact wrong solution for contrast and would just make the overall uniform seem dingy; the Ducks didn't pair their eggplant with forest green, after all, they paired it with jade because jade contrasted better with eggplant.

That sort of setup really only works if you design the uniform around the dark color scheme, which the Avs uniform very obviously is not designed around.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

A facemask in football is like the chin strap of a hockey helmet. Do you ever hear people complaining about teams like the Habs or Rangers having black chin straps on their helmets?

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is just a ridiculous statement. Football helmets have chinstraps too. The facemask is a focal point of the thing that fans identify most with a football team. Clearly there's a difference between these two helmets (You can come to your own conclusion on which one looks better): 

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS Riddell Speed S2EG-II-SP Football Helmet Facemask (NAVY  BLUE) | eBay 

Los Angeles Chargers 53-man roster cuts tracker 2019: Live updates

• Like 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

This is just a ridiculous statement. Football helmets have chinstraps too. The facemask is a focal point of the thing that fans identify most with a football team. Clearly there's a difference between these two helmets (You can come to your own conclusion on one looks better): 

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS Riddell Speed S2EG-II-SP Football Helmet Facemask (NAVY  BLUE) | eBay 

Los Angeles Chargers 53-man roster cuts tracker 2019: Live updates

I mean there's also clearly a difference between these two helmets (one obviously looks better than the other):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Would a team like the 49ers look better with a red facemask instead of grey? Sure, but when I'm watching a football game the facemask colour isn't as noticeable as the helmets/pants are in a hockey game. If it helps, I was glad to see the Giants ditch the grey pants a couple years ago.

7 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Would a team like the 49ers look better with a red facemask instead of grey?

I would not like the 49ers to go with red facemasks, they remind me too much of the uniforms during the 00s dark ages.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 4:12 PM, GFB said:

161022317.jpg.0.jpg

What an absolutely bone-headed decision it was to get rid of the Yeti Footprint...  While the logo's nothing special in a flat application, embroidered it looks nothing short of beautiful.  The way the silver sparkled always reminded me of snow and ice.  It was so much more creative and fitting than the recoloured state-flag insignia.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, M4One said:

Saw this on reddit.  Official bootleg jerseys sold at the Wells Fargo Center for $120.  They are made by a company called Valiant.

spacer.png

So it’s a non-bootleg bootleg? 

Did the Flyers then reach out to a different company to have them create their jerseys for the team store? 

Honestly this could be a great solution to the jersey market, if teams could find their own third party, and hopefully a local one, to make a cheaper, (but probably nicer quality 🙃) replica version. 
I mean I guess you won’t have all of the bells and whistles, but that jersey seems to be nicer than a Fanatics replica. It looks like an actual tackle twill logo. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Did the Flyers then reach out to a different company to have them create their jerseys for the team store? 

It's their first Reverse Retro so they probably did do that. Adidas wasn't going to make them anymore but I guess the Flyers felt it was something there was still a market for.

• Love 1

IbjBaeE.png

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

So it’s a non-bootleg bootleg? 

Honestly this could be a great solution to the jersey market, if teams could find their own third party, and hopefully a local one, to make a cheaper, (but probably nicer quality 🙃) replica version. 
I mean I guess you won’t have all of the bells and whistles, but that jersey seems to be nicer than a Fanatics replica. It looks like an actual tackle twill logo. 

No NHL logo, so I'm guessing they don't actually have a license to make them, so still a bootleg, I guess.  It's a bit strange if the Flyers actually got the okay from the league to have these made up, even if Adidas was never going to make any more of them. I have never seen or heard of a team doing something similar before.

Carolina Hurricanes are polling season ticket members about possible new logos.  I know some people don't like their current primary, but none of these would be an upgrade.  

spacer.png

• Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, M4One said:

Carolina Hurricanes are polling season ticket members about possible new logos.  I know some people don't like their current primary, but none of these would be an upgrade.  

spacer.png

The first three are trying way too hard to make the C the focus of the logo (top left is literally just a C). Top right is taking a page out of the Whalers' book with that negative space C, but it just doesn't work because it doesn't look natural. The last three belong on the front of a baseball jersey.

Also, the black portion of the top right logo is giving me these vibes:

spacer.png

I think Carolina's primary is mostly good, but the puck has always looked upside down to me.  Maybe that could be tweaked to form a "c" without being quite as blatant as upper right.  The logo is jagged, the "c" should follow suit.  

I don't care much for the script logos (the white third is a sharp template but nickname scripts feel weak to me)

I've posted a few times through the years on the Avs removing black, and generally agree with my past-self: 

For me, the shades of red and blue cannot touch, so the current look is poor.  I will say, looking back at the black breezers they do look weird now.  I'm surprised they havent tried the trend of "colored helmet on the road".

Those 6 versions I doodled still feel more consistent than anything they've worn... white breezers feel intriguing since they'd balance the "very dark" color scheme.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M4One said:

spacer.png

EDIT: found another version...

The first Carolina script probably has the best idea of incorporating the shape of North Carolina into the tail...except isn't the team supposed to appeal to both Carolinas? (Or is that the Panthers that appeal to both?) The top right looks like just about every sanitized corporate refresh we've seen over the past decade. And are they considering completely 86'ing the silver/gray? I mean, gray kinda is in Raleigh's city flag (one side of it, anyway...fun fact, the thing is double-sided), so at least they'd have justification to do so...but whatevs.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, M4One said:

Saw this on reddit.  Official bootleg jerseys sold at the Wells Fargo Center for $120.  They are made by a company called Valiant.

spacer.png

That's a fantastic idea. I'd buy an official "bootleg" before a Fanatics replica with the cheap shiny logo anyday

Even cooler that it's an out-of-print jersey. More teams need to do that. I like that it feels like a big F You to Fanatics lol