2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

1 hour ago, JustABallCoach said:

Rockets have changed their Twitter header and profile picture to the toothed Rocket era logo and secondary logo. 

Next season is 30th anniversary of their first championship so they are eligible for retro and now there is 20 years since they ditched those logos.

4r2eer.png

didnt the rockets bring back the championship season jerseys not too long ago? if so i think they'll be bringing back the white version of them if they do celebrate this anniversary 

Champions: The Houston Rockets Dynasty 20 Years Later – Trophy Lives

but then we also add the pinstripe jerseys into the equation which they've been sort of wearing these past 2 seasons. the twitter basically confirms that this style is coming back again. so i just wonder if itll be directly in a throwback jersey this time or switched up through a city edition like they've been doing. because if they do celebrate the anniversary they can only have one of each right? or can a team have two throwback jerseys?? two city editions?? (doubt) or maybe they wont do anything for the anniversary at all 

Rockets bringing back blue, pinstriped City jerseys for 2022-23 season

22 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

If the Kings did a purple and grey or black homage to either one of these sets with the new wordmark, I’d be pretty darn thrilled:

spacer.png

They have to also have the names under the number. 

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Rockets Twitter stuff is now the red and yellow classic logo. Weird. If I had to guess they're gonna wear a white version of the jersey on a Summit alt court to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the 1994 Finals.

They wore the red one a few years ago.

usa_today_13670077.jpg

But also even if none of this is true and they are just fooling around, well, here is them fooling around a few days ago...

FzppWncWIA4lBL9?format=jpg&name=medium

• LOL 5

bSLCtu2.png

I’m curious how much the three teams’ changes will be reflected in the summer league uniforms (if at all), and how much we’ll be able to read into them. Seeing the Pistons’ wordmark and numbers are blue here rather than red, for example, leaves me to think there’s going to be some variance we’ll have to account for between what wordmark/number treatment is on the real uniforms and what’s on the summer league uniforms. Seems like that’s generally the case anyways.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Unrelated--well, I guess it kinda is related--and not that I want them to change it, but it amuses me how, 27 years later, the Pistons are still using (pretty much) the same font from the Teal Horse era. I'm actually probably more amused by the fact that in all this time since, they haven't even tried to change it...good for them, as it's one of my favorite custom team fonts in sports, quirky as it is.

• Like 9

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So here goes another gander at the upcoming City sets.

Already shown/leaked

Brooklyn multi colored honoring another Brooklyn artist/graffiti artist

Utah Purple fauxback

Atlanta - White honoring 50th Anniversary of Hank Aaron breaking Babe Ruth's record

Charlotte- Gold/Butterscotch version of Mint set

Orlando - Gray 90's Fauxback

Washington Retains Pink set from 2023

Miami- "Crockett Blue" version of ransom set

Boston- White Honoring Bob Cousey

Philadelphia- Red version of 2023

New York - White w/Pinstripes 1950's fauxback

Toronto- Blue honoring Huskies

Milwaukee- Key Lime Green version of 2023 set

Cleveland- Navy 90's fauxback

Detroit- Black honoring Motown

Chicago - Red altered version of 2021 set honoring Chicago's theater district in  1920's

Indiana- Red "Cutters" fauxback honoring 45th Anniversary of the film "Breaking Away"

Lakers- Carolina Blue version of 75th Anniversary remix honoring Minneapolis Lakers

Clippers- Red version of 2023 set honoring the Drew League

Phoenix- Orange Version of 2021-2022 sets honoring the Valley/Desert of Arizona

Kings- Carolina Blue honoring the move to Sacramento

Warriors- White Version of 2023 set

San Antone retains 2023 set

Dallas- Green version of 2023 set

Houston -Red honoring 30th Anniversary of 1994 Championship club

New Orleans -Yellow version of 2023 set

Memphis- Yellow "Grind City" nickname set

Portland- Teal version of 2023 set

Minnesota -Ice Blue honoring the 1,000 lakes

Denver- Claret version of 2023 set

Oklahoma City- Black honoring Oklahoma's famous Country & Western singers

• Yawn 3

People here really need to stop looking to teams' social media outlets for hints about brand changes. It almost never pans out and social media teams usually just do their own thing anyway. 

Like how the Jags didn't go black and white even though that's what their Twitter profile was just before a big rebrand. Or how the Jets using forest green and neon green on social media meant nothing when their new unis ended up using the 80s-early 90s scheme of kelly green with black trim. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

Unrelated--well, I guess it kinda is related--and not that I want them to change it, but it amuses me how, 27 years later, the Pistons are still using (pretty much) the same font from the Teal Horse era. I'm actually probably more amused by the fact that in all this time since, they haven't even tried to change it...good for them, as it's one of my favorite custom team fonts in sports, quirky as it is.

When something works, there is no real reason to change it. I'm hoping the Pistons stick with it and their (IMO) modern classic jerseys from 2001 - the younger fans are getting pretty loud on social media about wanting them to change, even after a bone was thrown to them with the Teal Classic Edition last year.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Conrad. said:

looks to be this season's template for Summer League:

Hoping the 3 teams changing "main" uniforms will reflect the changes in their Summer League looks. Everyone keep their eyes peeled!

I do miss the Pistons having the NOB being straight instead of arched like it's been since the Nike template change in 2017.

14 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

So here goes another gander at the upcoming City sets.

Portland- Teal version of 2023 set

I can’t speak to the others, but for Portland this isn’t even remotely close. I feel like I’ve posted this exact same response before because you’ve guessed this more than once.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Really dumb to sideline the purple like this, especially when the beam had become such a  part of their brand.

The new wordmark is great, the updated side paneling is better, but they should have switched purple and black on the wordmark, numbers, arm and collar trim.  And obviously the away (sorry, the “Icon”) should be purple. Overall this can’t be anything but a downgrade since they went away from their signature color. 

• Like 7
07Giants.pngnyy.png