Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

2 minutes ago, Echo said:

They need to save the double-digit numbers for players who aren't stick figures, I guess.

Yeah, Rondale Moore is a pretty small guy. Like, even if he weren’t an athlete and I knew him in person, I’d say he’s slightly below-average in height, with a slender frame. For an NFL guy he’s tiny. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

True, if anything we should be referencing Louisville

136155833-teddy-bridgewater-of-the-louis

• Like 7

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

An upgrade for sure, but an underwhelming one.

They really do look like Ohio State, especially with the black alt. The addition of silver is incredibly perplexing when they had so many other more interesting colors they could have incorporated, which is a luxury very few other teams have. Copper, desert gray, orange, gold, or Arizona flag blue would have each been a better fit for the Cardinals than silver.

I think the home uniform is fine, if not pretty uninspiring. The wordmark is a little too big and definitely too low because of the new template. With white pants though (which I do think we’ll see), it won’t look terrible.

I think people will get used to this set once the dust settles. Realistically, it’s nearly exactly what most of us wanted from a Cardinals redesign, albeit with a few unnecessary (but thankfully not too intrusive) Nike flourishes. I think we all got caught up a bit in the hype about a rumored new color scheme and outside-the-box design decisions. 

The most interesting part now, for me at least, will be hearing more about @TruColor’s rumors he heard & the helmet he saw, even though they clearly turned out to be untrue. I would love to hear as much about that as possible since, as expected, it seems more intriguing than the design we got.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, batman1211 said:

Clearly I am in the minority, but I like them a lot! I don't like having "CARDINALS" on the sleeve, but at least it is small. The large Arizona on the red jersey is too big, IMO. Overall I really like the clean uniforms. Some are disappointed that they aren't more Nikefied. I am glad that they aren't! Some people don't like the northwestern stripes on the sleeve, but I think they are great In a perfect world without Nike, these may be considered average. In a world where we do have to put up with Nike's influence, these are excellent! I do think that there will be some mix and match and in that there are some great combinations.

I agree that there are some good possibilities if you mix and match. I feel like they’ll wear mono a lot out of the gate, get creamed a lot, and decide to inject a little freshness by using more variety. Or something like that. But by the end of this coming season, I think they’ll be wearing monochrome some of the time, but not all the time. 

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, Rondale Moore is a pretty small guy. Like, even if he weren’t an athlete and I knew him in person, I’d say he’s slightly below-average in height, with a slender frame. For an NFL guy he’s tiny. 

Is there even going to be enough room for the ARIZONA across his chest?  Or is his jersey just gonna say ZONA on the front?

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Yes.

s-l500.jpganderson_5__86870.1608936123.jpg?c=2

You can see what they were going for here, how they were looking to keep the spirit of this quintessential Cardinals look while applying some updates to it. And you can see how they botched it terribly.

Inevitably with every uniform unveiling, the team makes a social media post with a closer look at elements of the getup that says "It's all in the details." Yes, yes it is! And that's why we're making fun of you!

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

6 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

An upgrade for sure, but an underwhelming one.

They really do look like Ohio State, especially with the black alt. The addition of silver is incredibly perplexing when they had so many other more interesting colors they could have incorporated, which is a luxury very few other teams have. Copper, desert gray, orange, gold, or Arizona flag blue would have each been a better fit for the Cardinals than silver.

I think the home uniform is fine, if not pretty uninspiring. The wordmark is a little too big and definitely too low because of the new template. With white pants though (which I do think we’ll see), it won’t look terrible.

I think people will get used to this set once the dust settles. Realistically, it’s nearly exactly what most of us wanted from a Cardinals redesign, albeit with a few unnecessary (but thankfully not too intrusive) Nike flourishes. I think we all got caught up a bit in the hype about a new color scheme and outside-the-box design decisions. 

The most interesting part now, for me at least, will be hearing more about @TruColor’s rumors he heard & the helmet he saw, even though they clearly turned out to be untrue. I would love to hear as much about that as possible since, as expected, it seems more intriguing than the design we got.

The helmet part seems to be the truest part. A few days ago, I suggested an “eggshell-like” design with the specks while @BBTV suggested a slightly different design. @TruColor then acknowledged one of us was on the right track. Seems like my guess held up.

• Like 3

Legitimately, there's enough talent on these boards that we could create our own design firm and have it be just as much of a tirefire as Nike.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

If they had just rolled out the Black set as Home, and White set as Away, for any Black/Red/Grey team, I think most of us would be applauding these.  

The Red wouldn’t get as much grief if it were just the alternate or Color Rush.

• Like 1