Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

The cardinal jersey has TV numbers while the white and black do not. I’ve been an advocate of dropping TV in many instances (take the Chargers for example, they look great). However, in this case, there is still plenty of room on the shoulders that I feel the white and black jerseys would be improved if they added them back.

———

Side note - I find it interesting in this day and age of hyper merchandising and marketing that I have not seen one single mention of when fans would be able to buy the new jerseys. It’s nowhere to be found in the articles on their website, on their social channels, nor are they for sale on NFL Shop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, batman1211 said:

My biggest problem with the evening is that they never opened the briefcase!!

Joke's on us, the REAL uniforms are still in the briefcase. This whole evening has been one big deception by the Cardinals. Goodell himself is gonna open the briefcase on draft day and blow our minds. 

Truly Operation Overlord-level strategy.

• Like 6
  • WOAH 1

22 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Side note - I find it interesting in this day and age of hyper merchandising and marketing that I have not seen one single mention of when fans would be able to buy the new jerseys. It’s nowhere to be found in the articles on their website, on their social channels, nor are they for sale on NFL Shop.

The article on the Cardinals website says jerseys will go on sale at 9pm

First paragraph: https://www.azcardinals.com/news/longform/new-uniforms-for-the-arizona-cardinals-2023

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

The article on the Cardinals website says jerseys will go on sale at 9pm

First paragraph: https://www.azcardinals.com/news/longform/new-uniforms-for-the-arizona-cardinals-2023

Hmm. I swear I read that article an hour or so ago and didn’t see that. Thanks. I am interested to see the retail products, too. Not that I’m a fan and plan to buy one or anything, but I just like to see how the on field product translates to the fan wear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Who in their right mind would spend money on one of these?

For $130+, the silver just doesn’t do it for me…would be more inclined if they had blue and/or copper accents and trim. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What a disaster the Nike era of NFL uniform design has been. Is there even one iconic new uniform to emerge? I guess maybe the Chargers?

But there have been numerous utter disasters and the most well-received uniforms have been returns to looks that pre-existed Nike like the Browns and Bucs. 

It's pretty pathetic when people are happy because Nike didn't totally ruin the Cardinals.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

So for those folks interested in retail jerseys (whether for the Cardinals or your own team), it looks like Game replicas will remain on the same template they’ve been on since 2013 when Nike took over. I was wondering if they’d switch because Nike switched over their college replicas about 2-3 years ago.

However, the mid tier Limited jersey will now mirror the new Vapor FUSE template.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

What a disaster the Nike era of NFL uniform design has been. Is there even one iconic new uniform to emerge? I guess maybe the Chargers?

But there have been numerous utter disasters and the most well-received uniforms have been returns to looks that pre-existed Nike like the Browns and Bucs. 

It's pretty pathetic when people are happy because Nike didn't totally ruin the Cardinals.

Vikings

Chargers

Bengals

Patriots

Seahawks

• Like 5

I opened insta on my phone to the NFL's post of the jerseys at the top of my feed while reading the part of the thread where y'all were discussing the Ohio State inspired concept and actually burst out laughing

Turns out the reason why they didn't leak is because they were in front of our faces the entire time

40 minutes ago, the admiral said:

this team sucks SO BAD they just crossed all their terrible 2005 elements with Ohio State for some reason

I can't prove it, but I know it's true. The Cardinals road uniform is a rejected Ohio State Pro Combat uniform from 2008.

Spoiler

Stand down, dorks. It's a joke.

• LOL 2

BB52Big.jpg

Not gonna pile on here, the jokes about Nike/The Cardinals practically write themselves at this point. But my honest 2 cents:

White Uniforms - Unispiring, but not horrible. They left the helmets alone (basically) which was a smart move. I actually like the silver fleks + facemasks more than I thought I would. Sleeves are a little Ohio State-ish but they work fine. Mesh numbers were a dumb idea, it didn't work for the Commanders and it doesn't work here.

The jerseys could use some TV numbers, way too much blank white space. Same with the socks, I hate this all-white unitard look becoming so standard across the league. Break it up with some color, maybe red socks w/ stripes? At least they fixed the pant stripes.

Black Uniforms - Same as above. I don't love the idea of all black, it doesn't really fit their brand. Woulda been better to see something interesting like Sand and/or Copper as they teased in their promos. I guess I don't hate 'em. Ironically, they did the all-black look better than the Falcons themselves, who completely butchered it. 

Red Uniforms - HOT. GARBAGE. Lmao what a bunch of ass, seriously. Looks like something an intern drew up in Madden at the last minute. Completely unecessary and gigantic wordmark, zero contrast, plain red pants, plain red socks. Red red red. Might as well call these the Arizona Bloody Tampons.  Hopefully they come to their senses and pair these with the white pants; it would vastly improve the aesthetic.

Overall, I give these a C-. Upgrade over the previous ones, but that's not really saying much.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1