2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

20 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Anyone who disliked my comment can see the similarities to these two uniforms. The white pants do not make this uniform unique at all. Here, take a look

ARcgpLT.jpg

134857460.0.jpg

Only difference is that they throwbacks do not use the same orange, but design wise it is TOO SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER! A no go for me if Denver decides to do the Syracuse style.

Stripe weight is different, color balance is different, no chest wordmark or contrasting color, facemask is different. Sure at a glance it’s the same colored jersey and pants and helmet, but the color scheme and details are completely dissimilar when you look at them for more than two seconds. Besides, the Buccaneers’ throwbacks aren’t being used full-time anymore, so teams have every right to take on a template with some similarities to a throwback. I wouldn’t personally want the Broncos to go in that direction, but it’d be a fine look. If I were the Broncos and considering going with a white helmet full-time, I’d be far more worried about looking like Syracuse than anyone else, yknow, because they share a color scheme.

This isn’t the gotcha you think it is. Perhaps handling people disliking your comments with a tad more grace would make your comparisons sound less outlandish.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

49 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

This isn’t the gotcha you think it is. Perhaps handling people disliking your comments with a tad more grace would make your comparisons sound less outlandish.

Disliking comments is itself without grace. It's passive-aggressive and empty. I would rather have people verbally rip me apart for my many bad thoughts than just post a little yellow face rolling its eyes.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nah.  Disliking comments is just saying "I disagree" without wasting a post that people have to scroll through.  Preferably a disagreement would come with some reason as to why, but not everything is a big enough deal to debate.

Responding to "I disagree" with more evidence supporting your point is fine.  If nobody thought enough to argue past the thumbs down, then it's probably not worth it to expound, but I don't see the issue there.

(expecting thumbs downs for this... for which I won't follow-up).

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

55 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Disliking comments is itself without grace. It's passive-aggressive and empty. I would rather have people verbally rip me apart for my many bad thoughts than just post a little yellow face rolling its eyes.  

That's fair. I'd absolutely prefer people elaborate on why they disagree rather than simply leaving a reaction, but I also think reactions are a fine tool for people who don't have the time or words to form a full rebuttal, and some of the emojis do a good job of portraying a specific kind of disagreement rather than simply communicating "i don't like this". I wouldn't say they are inherently without grace per se but a verbal response is ideal. My main point was that following up an ill-received post with the phrase “for all those who disliked” makes one seem insecure and needlessly confrontational. It’s just internet dislikes on a sports forum, it ain’t worth getting so defensive over. Everyone's free to disagree with everyone else, there's no need for people to take it so personally is all.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That every orange jersey in the NFL currently uses white numbers and some other white element like pants or helmets really hammers home my belief that the Bears should try to replicate their 1930's orange jerseys by wearing blue numbers.

gShCmJm.jpg

1935_ChiBears.png

Well that works for them. And even with their orange jerseys, they do have orange helmets. But to me the white lids and orange helmets would always make me identify them as Tampa Bay Buccaneers, University of Tennessee Volunteers, University of Texas Longhorns, Oklahoma State University Cowboys, among others who wear white helmets and orange jerseys paired with white pants.

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Stripe weight is different, color balance is different, no chest wordmark or contrasting color, facemask is different. Sure at a glance it’s the same colored jersey and pants and helmet, but the color scheme and details are completely dissimilar when you look at them for more than two seconds. Besides, the Buccaneers’ throwbacks aren’t being used full-time anymore, so teams have every right to take on a template with some similarities to a throwback. I wouldn’t personally want the Broncos to go in that direction, but it’d be a fine look. If I were the Broncos and considering going with a white helmet full-time, I’d be far more worried about looking like Syracuse than anyone else, yknow, because they share a color scheme.

I understand, but I just saying. I am not discouraging anyone else. But to be very frank, I am not a fan of a few copycat styles to be honest. But ok, if they went back to the academy blue color, then it would work, otherwise it is just the stripe templates that are sort of close and similar with just a different color with Tampa being red and Syracuse being navy blue.

I just don't see Denver wearing white helmet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Anyone who disliked my comment can see the similarities to these two uniforms. The white pants do not make this uniform unique at all. Here, take a look

ARcgpLT.jpg

134857460.0.jpg

Only difference is that they throwbacks do not use the same orange, but design wise it is TOO SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER! A no go for me if Denver decides to do the Syracuse style.

I didn’t dislike your comment because I disagreed with the combo looking similar to the Bucs, I actually disliked it because of this:

On 12/24/2023 at 11:26 PM, Silver_Star said:

HAHAHAHA! What a joke.

It just felt brash and unnecessary.

To comment on the “dislike” button in general, I only use it when the comment feels in bad taste or is especially egregious. I don’t really dislike comments that I disagree with but still understand or respect. As others have said, I’d prefer to elaborate why I disagree and make it a conversation. That’s part of what makes this site enjoyable, is being able to actually discuss these kinds of things.

To get back to the Broncos, my comment was more that the white helmet didn’t look bad in general, regardless of the striping pattern. I’d also prefer for them to go back to the robin’s egg blue, to differentiate more from Syracuse. I even advocated for them to go back to a different throwback look that isn’t the Orange Crush in the other NFL thread:

On 12/17/2023 at 12:31 AM, MJD7 said:

I’ve long thought the Broncos’ best throwback look was this one, it’s so much more unique than the Orange Crush:

EiFi31l.jpg

It seems to me like it’d be very adaptable to modern templates, too. Go with the robin’s egg blue helmet, keep the current number font & logo (or update the D horse logo), & you’ve got a winner.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I didn’t dislike your comment because I disagreed with the combo looking similar to the Bucs, I actually disliked it because of this:

It just felt brash and unnecessary.

To comment on the “dislike” button in general, I only use it when the comment feels in bad taste or is especially egregious. I don’t really dislike comments that I disagree with but still understand or respect. As others have said, I’d prefer to elaborate why I disagree and make it a conversation. That’s part of what makes this site enjoyable, is being able to actually discuss these kinds of things.

To get back to the Broncos, my comment was more that the white helmet didn’t look bad in general, regardless of the striping pattern. I’d also prefer for them to go back to the robin’s egg blue, to differentiate more from Syracuse. I even advocated for them to go back to a different throwback look that isn’t the Orange Crush in the other NFL thread:

The orange helmets with that stripe pattern would go well with the orange helmets because then you can have a blue alt jersey for the orange helmets to be honest. I am not saying otherwise about the 1968-1996 blue helmets, but they never explored the orange helmets as much only in 1994 during the 75th season.

14 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That every orange jersey in the NFL currently uses white numbers and some other white element like pants or helmets really hammers home my belief that the Bears should try to replicate their 1930's orange jerseys by wearing blue numbers.

gShCmJm.jpg

1935_ChiBears.png

I didn't like it when they wore that jersey on Thanksgiving in 2004. The genius of the Bears orange jersey is that it's a color swap, which I think is a lost art among alternate jerseys nowadays in sports. Don't get me wrong I love myself some wacky looks from time to time but sometimes the best alternates are the ones that don't go all out.

5367415.jpg

Craig-Krenzel.jpg?fit=1200,800&ssl=1

apaajkceoeqcsfr6vzwe.jpg

• Like 7

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I didn't like it when they wore that jersey on Thanksgiving in 2004. The genius of the Bears orange jersey is that it's a color swap, which I think is a lost art among alternate jerseys nowadays in sports. Don't get me wrong I love myself some wacky looks from time to time but sometimes the best alternates are the ones that don't go all out.

5367415.jpg

Craig-Krenzel.jpg?fit=1200,800&ssl=1

apaajkceoeqcsfr6vzwe.jpg

See, I loved that look and still think it's superior. The huge block numbers hold it back in my opinion which is why I favor swapping them out for the current rounded numbers.

I don't think the color swap has worked so well for the Bears. The sleeve stripes are quite fine. It works on the navy jersey because the orange and white blend together to create a glowing affect.

USATSI_19440210_168392721_lowres.jpg?w=9

However, that same blending of orange and white when you do the color swap works against the orange jersey because the white outlining blends into the jersey color making the stripes look very, VERY thin indeed. (Ditto for the "C" on the helmet.)

1785027774.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

That's why I like a thematic connection. The Bears have a jersey with three identical outlined stripes (navy) and one with three alternating solid stripes (white) so have one with three identical solid stripes is the logical missing piece. It's a bonus that it also happens to be a historical design.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The genius of the Bears orange jersey is that it's a color swap, which I think is a lost art among alternate jerseys nowadays in sports.

First time I've seen "genius" and "Bears orange jersey" in the same sentence given that an orange Bears jersey seems to pop up at tailgates on the dumbest people you'll ever meet.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

47 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Ravens are 3-0 all time in black jerseys/purple pants per 

. . . and clinched playoff berths in that combo twice (2018 and 2022).

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃