2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

6 hours ago, Unocal said:

I think the Rams are total frauds

They are the NFC’s Dolphins- who have they REALLY beaten?

Can’t really call a 6th seed a fraud. They performed just as expected after loading up for their Super Bowl then letting everyone go who was worth anything or having them age miserably.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Unocal said:

I think the Rams are total frauds

They are the NFC’s Dolphins- who have they REALLY beaten?

If anybody is the NFC's Dolphins, it's the Cowboys. Only good team they've beaten is Lions, and that was by the skin of their teeth, with bad officiating to boot. The farthest they go is the NFC championship but I don't the think the Lions will lose to them a second time if they face each other in the Divisional round.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

In coaching news, Jerod Mayo will succeed Bill Belichick as head coach in New England. Seems like this has been the plan for a while, but I'm not super confident that an in-house hire is the best move when the team is this talentless on offense. They'll need one hell of a GM hire in order to build this roster back up again. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll start such a rebuild by drafting Marvin Harrison Jr.

lBzmcSM.png

14 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

In coaching news, Jerod Mayo will succeed Bill Belichick as head coach in New England. Seems like this has been the plan for a while, but I'm not super confident that an in-house hire is the best move when the team is this talentless on offense. They'll need one hell of a GM hire in order to build this roster back up again. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll start such a rebuild by drafting Marvin Harrison Jr.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears end up with Harrison to give Fields a weapon. They flip spots (and collect more picks) with Washington and grab him at #2 while the Commanders draft a QB at #1. It's the Bears so you never know. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BottomlessPitt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears end up with Harrison to give Fields a weapon. They flip spots (and collect more picks) with Washington and grab him at #2 while the Commanders draft a QB at #1. It's the Bears so you never know. 

I wouldn't either, but I'd be equally unsurprised if the Bears decided to move from Fields, trade him for picks to a team like the Falcons, and draft Caleb Williams at #1. I'm not super sure Fields has done quite enough to prove he's more worthy than Caleb in the eyes of the Bears' front office, but after an atrocious start to the year I was impressed with how well he turned things around and ran the Bears' offense. I'm hoping he gets another shot elsewhere if they decide to move on from him. The Bears have a tough choice on their hands at QB. I'm mostly just hoping for the best possible scenario for my Pats here haha, I think their offense would be much better off with an actual star receiver than with a rookie QB like Caleb or Drake with no O-line or receivers to throw to. A generational talent at receiver can do more for a tepid offense with a bad QB than a generational talent QB can with no good wideouts, in my book.

lBzmcSM.png

It's amazing how fall weather lingered throughout the midwest and rustbelt right up until the NFL Playoffs.

Anyway, I'm going Ravens over Packers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I wouldn't either, but I'd be equally unsurprised if the Bears decided to move from Fields, trade him for picks to a team like the Falcons, and draft Caleb Williams at #1. I'm not super sure Fields has done quite enough to prove he's more worthy than Caleb in the eyes of the Bears' front office, but after an atrocious start to the year I was impressed with how well he turned things around and ran the Bears' offense. I'm hoping he gets another shot elsewhere if they decide to move on from him. The Bears have a tough choice on their hands at QB. I'm mostly just hoping for the best possible scenario for my Pats here haha, I think their offense would be much better off with an actual star receiver than with a rookie QB like Caleb or Drake with no O-line or receivers to throw to. A generational talent at receiver can do more for a tepid offense with a bad QB than a generational talent QB can with no good wideouts, in my book.

When has a WR ever made a bad QB look good? Now how many below average WR have become pro bowlers from playing with the best QB’s in the league. While a star QB out of college can be hindered by going to a bad team, it’s more the O line being bad getting the QB killed thus killing his confidence that does that. Build a Line that gives the QB enough time to make his reads and find the open man it doesn’t matter who the receivers are.

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

It's amazing how fall weather lingered throughout the midwest and rustbelt right up until the NFL Playoffs.

Anyway, I'm going Ravens over Packers.

Joe Barry's defense that got lit up by DeVito and Bryce  and Baker is going to make a SB run?

Jordan Love last I check does not play defense

I'm reminded of a passage from The Good Book (by which, of course, I mean Football Hall of Shame by Bruce Nash and Alan Zullo) where a southern football team had to play a game in the cold. They saw their breath for the first time, thought their gizzards had frozen, and promptly got destroyed.

The Dolphins could shut themselves in a freezer to train, and it wouldn't even come close to what it's going to be like in Kansas City.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I'm reminded of a passage from The Good Book (by which, of course, I mean Football Hall of Shame by Bruce Nash and Alan Zullo) where a southern football team had to play a game in the cold. They saw their breath for the first time, thought their gizzards had frozen, and promptly got destroyed.

The Dolphins could shut themselves in a freezer to train, and it wouldn't even come close to what it's going to be like in Kansas City.

You know this weather has been in the Dolphins heads since they saw the first forecast. I mean, no one is used to playing in zero degree weather, but that stuff hits a lot harder when you're in town from Miami.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

More "football weather."

I agree it’s football weather. But unironically. I’m not stupid enough to sit there and freeze my ass off but 70,000 or so will be. I had to go back to my truck every other minute this morning when I was deicing it because my hands kept freezing up. I guess I’ll be dining on a Frozen Japanese delicacy tomorrow because the cold  will probably make Miami's receivers ability hold onto the ball on par with Kadarius Toney in normal conditions.

Edited by Red Comet

28 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I agree it’s football weather.

I was being sarcastic. It's not football weather, it's the Arctic Circle come to Kansas City and no one should be playing sports outdoors there.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I was being sarcastic. It's not football weather, it's the Arctic Circle come to Kansas City and no one should be playing sports outdoors there.

I'm well aware you were being sarcastic, hence why I said "But unironically" in the very next sentence. I'm just going to enjoy the scheisseshow that'll ensue. Because despite what Eric Winston said, NFL players are like gladiators and Arrowhead in particular and most NFL stadiums in general are like the Roman Coliseum. And I demand to be entertained. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

If I'm an NFL owner and all of the hundreds of millions I've invested into this year's team goes up in smoke because we can't pass the ball in snow, or my top players are neutralized, I'm pretty goddam pissed.

If I'm an NFL agent, I'm not letting my client play in a situation like that.

As a former stadium employee, it sucks.  And it's dangerous, especially when you have 70,000 mouth-breathing doofuses drinking and driving in undrivable conditions.

I don't have a solution to the problem short of requiring covering over every stadium, but they shouldn't be playing any game, let alone a single-elimination playoff game.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Reminds me of the 2004 NFCCG (played in 2005.)  Phila got crushed by snow, so they enlisted people to shovel.  A lot of homeless people turned out to make a few bucks.  The Eagles distributed gloves - I know, because I was working there - but one of the shovelers refused, and worked more than 24hrs... in sub-freezing conditions... without gloves.

Well he got frostbite because of course, and lost 8 fingers, and sued the team.  Even though he refused the gloves.  Some sources claim he almost lost his ears and nose.  Most articles are 404d by now, but here's at least something (https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/news/man-who-worked-eagles-game-may-lose-fingers-ears-nose/294887/https://www.nbcsportsphiladelphia.com/news/who-only-has-2-thumbs-and-is-suing-the-eagles-this-guy/315761/)

I hope whoever shovels in KC keeps their chopping hands from being amputated.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Welp, AJ Brown deactivated his X (formerly known as Twitter) account, and deleted any Eagles-related references from his Instagram.

He gone.