2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

I’d much rather look at Taylor Swift than Jason Kelce’s drunk shirtless ass. For reasons, yeah. 

Have you (or anyone else) looked at her without the makeup on??

• Huh? 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Have you (or anyone else) looked at her without the makeup on??

No, and I know I won’t see her bare in any other way either. Even if I did, I’m pretty sure I’d rather see that than some drunk in the stands or a luxury box. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 2

I think she's the first woman to be a be a pop superstar while radiating sexlessness. I mean, Madonna and Britney Spears, obvious, but even Bjork and Kate Bush had some sort of energy there that's lacking here. No wonder she's the idol of upper-middle-class girls on SSRIs.

• WOAH 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

27 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

I mean, Madonna and Britney Spears, obvious, 

ITT: ramblings about ‘00s celebrity culture. Unspoiler if you want to hear more.

Spoiler

Also, Taylor comes from serious wealth, unlike a lot of the pop/movie stars from the early ‘00s who got brutalized by tabloid media (Winehouse, Smith, Spears, Lohan, etc.).

She also had the benefit of breaking out after people started backing away from intense celebrity stalking (paparazzi are professional stalkers, IMO) following the Britney ‘07 meltdown. Taylor was also not on the radar of the relentless British tabloid press (see Amy Winehouse).

If she broke out just a few years earlier, she’d probably be getting DUI’s and would have had at least five public meltdowns captured by TMZ’s professional stalkers.

Back to football: I wouldn’t mind the Ravens going all the way, since it would mean that the Ravens overtake the Colts in their number of Super Bowls wins. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Hide contents

Also, Taylor comes from serious wealth, unlike a lot of the pop/movie stars from the early ‘00s who got brutalized by tabloid media (Winehouse, Smith, Spears, Lohan, etc.).

She also had the benefit of breaking out after people started backing away from intense celebrity stalking (paparazzi are professional stalkers, IMO) following the Britney ‘07 meltdown. Taylor was also not on the radar of the relentless British tabloid press (see Amy Winehouse).

Not 100% sure on the stalking, she always has people breaking into one of her twenty different mansions. However, I don't think it's an outgrowth of paparazzi culture so much as her own brand of lore and world-building: while I was discreetly googling for a picture of her looking like she's farting into her microphone, I saw some other image trying to show that her nail polish matched the lettering on a t-shirt from a music video and was thus a special easter egg for her devoted fans. This parasocial insanity used to be reserved for people trying to expose The Truth About Israel or to impress Jodie Foster, but now it's just acceptable content creation for marketing girlies.

Anyway, hoping for a 49ers-Chiefs rematch as I enjoy their work but Lions-Chiefs would be fun too.

2 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

Not 100% sure on the stalking, she always has people breaking into one of her twenty different mansions. However, I don't think it's an outgrowth of paparazzi culture so much as her own brand of lore and world-building:

That’s an entirely fair interpretation, one that makes much more sense in the social media age than in the trashy tabloid/Perez Hilton age. Nobody felt like Amy Winehouse or Britney Spears was their parasocial friend or icon, unlike what Taylor’s fans have done with her.

I’d also go for Lions-Ravens, as it could produce some discourse about Goff’s old Rams contract and Jackson betting on himself (and winning) with his recent deal.

Amy Winehouse didn't tell her fans that she was their best friend and that she cared personally about each and everyone one of them. Mostly she just threw up on herself. We didn't know how well we had it.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:25 PM, Shumway said:

While Campbell can be aggressive and reckless, I don't think he's a dumb guy

It's more fun if you believe he is. To put it in 2024 terms, I'm oafpilled. I'm galootmaxxing. I'm in my lummox era and I'm here for it. 

• Love 1
  • LOL 1

Just now, ruttep said:

This :censored:ing league.

I was really bummed about the Bills and the. They double down.

If our Congress wasn't either worthless or paid off, there's probably something to be done about the influence of gambling in the sport. Because, come on. They don't really even try to hide it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

This is such a nothing story.   Warren Sharp is a joke.  Teams with a better record are 11-3 in games this guy officiated.  He's averaged a whopping .7 more penalties called on home teams in games he's officiated this season.  That's not swaying anything.   Shame on anyone that believes the NFL has an official they call in when they need the road team to win and shame on you for spreading Warren Sharp's nonsense.

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

12 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Okay, who is Warren Sharp? And why should I care if gambling-addled paranoiacs believe everything is some grand conspiracy when the most likely answer is no one is at the wheel?

He’s some hack, dart-throwing gambler/engagement farmer on Twitter.  Kind of unrelated to the faux outrage he’s always peddling, but I remember LeBatard making fun of him for going 1-15 on his picks one week.

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Okay, who is Warren Sharp? And why should I care if gambling-addled paranoiacs believe everything is some grand conspiracy when the most likely answer is no one is at the wheel?

He's someone who paid for a blue checkmark.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This :censored:ing league.

I was really bummed about the Bills and the. They double down.

If our Congress wasn't either worthless or paid off, there's probably something to be done about the influence of gambling in the sport. Because, come on. They don't really even try to hide it.

It will probably take the NFL having their own "Tim Donaghy Scandal" for Congress to do something.  

12 hours ago, See Red said:

He’s some hack, dart-throwing gambler/engagement farmer on Twitter.  Kind of unrelated to the faux outrage he’s always peddling, but I remember LeBatard making fun of him for going 1-15 on his picks one week.

Listen, this story reinforces my existing biases and emotions so I'm going to believe it without any standard of proof. Okay? It's my right as an American voter.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Nor do I. People are losing their minds over cutaway shots.  Would they prefer more cutaways to drunk guys acting like buffoons in the stands? More cutaways to some coach talking into a Denny's menu on the sidelines? Taylor Swift is a huge star. If I were directing those broadcasts you can bet your ass I'd be using her for cutaways.

Watching Jason Kelce being a drunken buffoon was the highlight of that game.

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It will probably take the NFL having their own "Tim Donaghy Scandal" for Congress to do something.  

As with basketball, I think point shaving is going to be the goal of any potential scandal. I don't think they're going to affect winners and losers, too much. They're just going to make sure heavy favorites fail to win by as much as the spread thinks they can win by.

Take a bad team +14, and they don't have to win, but it's easy for some drive-killing holding calls or a DPI by the favorites to put them in scoring range to make a game closer than it is. And if the underdog really is doing well and going to win, no malfeasance needed to keep it going.