2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

17 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I’m almost positive at this point that the 49ers are going to crush the Lions like a bug, then lose the Super Bowl on some more bull:censored: to Kansas City.

Wal Mart brand Patriots. 

Dollar Store Montana vs. the Walmart brand Patriots. Imagine the merchandising potential.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm just gonna keep repeating what I've been saying all season: This has to be the year for the Niners. If not now, I don't know when they're gonna get a better shot. Everything has fallen into place for them.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Dollar Store Montana vs. the Walmart brand Patriots. Imagine the merchandising potential.

Who’s dollar store Montana? Purdy? Just because he plays on the 9ers and happens to be good? Have him win atleast one Super Bowl before we can start calling him that.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Who’s dollar store Montana? Purdy? Just because he plays on the 9ers and happens to be good? Have him win atleast one Super Bowl before we can start calling him that.

Funny how a person with the name dont care is the only one who cared enough to take that seriously.

• LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

Did anyone catch this in real time?  Didn't even cross my mind.  Bowles' justification is the equivalent of "I'm hearing this for the first time".

• WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Did anyone catch this in real time?  Didn't even cross my mind.  Bowles' justification is the equivalent of "I'm hearing this for the first time".

I thought the same thing watching the game. Someone on reddit (obviously not the most reliable source 😄) mentioned basically a "gentleman's agreement" that Bowles just kinda conceded that the game was over, but I find that hard to believe that he wouldn't use that timeout in a chance to go to the NFC Championship. It was really,  really strange. But I also really don't think the Lions would have taken that knee early by accident (despite our franchise's history of losing games in the most stupid ways possible). While Campbell can be aggressive and reckless, I don't think he's a dumb guy, and I think Goff is enough of a veteran to understand the clock. Either way, I was yelling at the TV because that's exactly how the Lions would lose.

I don't really get it though - even if he used all his time before kneeling, there still would have been 23 seconds, so the situation is the same regardless of when he kneeled (except there'd be less time left for TB if DET missed the FG.

And he could have used that TO at any time in the kneel-down process, not just 4th down.

It's stupid to end a 1-score game on defense with any TOs remaining, but I don't understand why the kneel at 36 seconds changes the situation at all, given that he had the TO the whole time, and even waiting till the last second to kneel is still the same situation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I’m almost positive at this point that the 49ers are going to crush the Lions like a bug, then lose the Super Bowl on some more bull:censored: to Kansas City. Then we get the gift of the media talking ad nauseam about how much “adversity” they overcame because they lost a game or two extra which made Mahomes really really mad, and they had the tough distraction of their tight end dating the most famous singer in the world (did we mention that to you, btw? Well just in case you missed it, here’s another 30 minute wankjob video about it). 

Like I said. Wal Mart brand Patriots. 

So... Great Value Patriots, then??

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

and they had the tough distraction of their tight end dating the most famous singer in the world (did we mention that to you, btw? Well just in case you missed it, here’s another 30 minute wankjob video about it). 

I don't think the Chiefs are much like the Patriots, but Taylor Swift is. She's distasteful the same way the Patriots were distasteful: pretending to be an underdog while running up the score. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

18 hours ago, BBTV said:

I don't really get it though - even if he used all his time before kneeling, there still would have been 23 seconds, so the situation is the same regardless of when he kneeled (except there'd be less time left for TB if DET missed the FG.

And he could have used that TO at any time in the kneel-down process, not just 4th down.

It's stupid to end a 1-score game on defense with any TOs remaining, but I don't understand why the kneel at 36 seconds changes the situation at all, given that he had the TO the whole time, and even waiting till the last second to kneel is still the same situation.

What’s interesting is the Lions took over with 1:30 left or so, which is enough to run the clock down whether TB took their timeout or not. They snapped the ball in a way that TB could use their timeout and conceivably get the ball back but, obviously, TB didn’t.

I tend to agree with the idea there was a gentleman’s agreement of some sort to just get it over with.  Or the Lions botched the timing and Bowles is a good sport. 

edit: this might’ve been covered. I don’t think I read back far enough. 

double edit: I guess Campbell spoke about it already and said he messed up but also he could tell TB wasn’t going to call a timeout. 

IUe6Hvh.png

15 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

I don't think the Chiefs are much like the Patriots, but Taylor Swift is. She's distasteful the same way the Patriots were distasteful: pretending to be an underdog while running up the score. 

I always thought she was more like Aaron Rodgers in that people keep saying she’s gay but there’s a lot more evidence of being out of touch than anything else. 

I’ll say this: I don’t get the complaints about Taylor Swift being oversaturated now as instead of cutting 30 times to her per game as happened at first, it’s more like 5 or 6. More of an argument for the Chiefs being oversaturated but that’s more of a combination of winning and Mahomes and Reid being a hell of a lot more personable than Brady and Belichick so now they’re in every other commercial. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Because we all need a reminder, she was in Tom Hooper’s Cats and involved with the original song for it.

spacer.png

Never forget Tom Hooper’s Cats.

59 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I don’t get the complaints about Taylor Swift

Nor do I. People are losing their minds over cutaway shots.  Would they prefer more cutaways to drunk guys acting like buffoons in the stands? More cutaways to some coach talking into a Denny's menu on the sidelines? Taylor Swift is a huge star. If I were directing those broadcasts you can bet your ass I'd be using her for cutaways.

• Like 9

BB52Big.jpg