MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Massive upgrade for the Yankees. I've desperately wanted that white outline gone for years. As someone else pointed out, the sacredness of Yankees uniform kinda went out the window with an ad patch, but I'm still excited to see this cleaned up version on the field.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Note that the improvement to the Yankees' road uniforms with the beautiful white outlines (along with the conversion to the strong varsity numbers) took place in 1973, before the renovation of the Stadium.

It's sad to see this unsightly downgrade of uniforms with a proud 50-year history.

... only to replace them with a road uniform design they wore for all but 7 of their 27 World Series titles. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Mariners with two fonts on the back of the navy jersey. 🙄  Why even keep the serif number when the other jerseys don't?

https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/23/exclusive-mariners-finally-scrapping-mlbs-worst-nob-font/

That’s this organization for you. One step forward, two steps confoundingly backward.

The Mariners’ design as a whole feels tired, especially now that it has the double outlines. They need a complete overhaul.

Also, the Yankees did the right thing by finally restoring their proper road uniform after so many years with unneeded white outlines.

• Like 8

YESSSSSSS YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!

If only the Phillies would follow suit.  Major upgrade!

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Great move for the Yankees. Hopefully the grey base color isn’t too dark (the graphic looks a little darker than usual), but overall, I never felt they needed the white outlines anymore from a functional standpoint. They always just seemed kind of “there” and maybe helped with visibility on TV’s in the 70’s and 80’s, but weren’t needed now with HD. The contrast between navy and their historical road grey was always more than enough. 

Besides, I’m not a Yankee fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I am a baseball history fan, and these minor changes go a long way in aligning the look to what they wore on the road when they dominated baseball for multiple generations.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Just now, gosioux76 said:
2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It's sad to see this unsightly downgrade of uniforms with a proud 50-year history.

... only to replace them with a road uniform design they wore for all but 7 of their 27 World Series titles. 

The previous road uniform was always terrible.  The white outline and the sleeve trim in the 1973 upgrade made the lettering stronger and more vibrant, and turned the road uniform from featureless and drab to dignified and simple.

It is impossible to understand what's going on in the minds of people who deny that this represented a huge improvement.

Yankee-road-uniform.png

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 3

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The previous road uniform was always terrible.  The white outline and the sleeve trim in the 1973 upgrade made the lettering stronger and more vibrant, and turned the road uniform from featureless and drab to dignified and simple.

It is impossible to understand what's going on in the minds of people who deny that this represented a huge improvement.

Yankee-road-uniform.png

The way you describe it, I think I'll try putting a white outline around myself. Seems as if it would make me look younger and more vibrant. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10

17 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Yankee-road-uniform.png

Isn’t it just a different aesthetic preference?

I can understand liking one over the other, but this statement is just hilarious 😂 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I can understand liking one over the other, but this statement is just hilarious 😂 

You see enough of his posts and ridiculous statements like this are just the norm. Each one has a more heightened sense of pretentious snobbery than the last.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I feel about the Yankees' road uniforms. I honestly really liked the white outlines and the sleeve stripes, it really helped cement them as a navy & white team as opposed to just navy. It's also been their road uniform for as long as I've been alive, & way longer at that.

On the other hand, I can appreciate the even older history of the outline-less look. It definitely also has a classic feel in its own way. 

They'd never do it, since they wouldn't want to have more jerseys than are absolutely necessary, but I wouldn't mind if they had a Dodgers-like situation where they had two road jerseys, one with an outline & stripes, & one without. Speaking of...

3 hours ago, LMU said:

Dropping unnecessary outlines and trim on road gray jerseys is always a positive.  See: Dodgers.

JMLBGAGNE-2.jpg?v-cache=1654685683

1342345440.jpg

3 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wrong.  This is the best the Dodgers have ever looked on the road.

Dodgers-road.png

If the Dodgers want to continue their two road uniforms thing... the best solution in my mind is to keep the "Los Angeles" one without outlines (and probably drop the sleeve stripes while they're at it), and add a white outline and the stripes of that 80's jersey to the "Dodgers" one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brian E said:

so what are we thinking for the mets CC uni? skyline? neon? some goofy "GOTHAM" thing? a jersey with a bunch of chop shop signs?

I assume they wanna keep it Queens related so I expect "World's Borough" and the World's Fair Unisphere plastered somewhere on that CC jersey. 

XM4KeeA.png

9 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I can understand liking one over the other, but this statement is just hilarious

Well, of course it's an aesthetic preference. But when we're talking about the aesthetics of uniform of the Yankees, it becomes a big f-ing deal.  The Yankees' uniforms reached absolute perfection in 1973 with the change in the number font and the livening up of the road set; thus any change is by necessity a downgrade.  (This includes the running together of the two words of the road wordmark, such that that mark now reads "Newyork".)

Note that the Yankees are not alone in the tier of untouchable uniforms.  The same outrage is appropriate for desacrations of the uniforms of the Cardinals (hence the pullover and the powder blue uniforms being such abominations for that team), of the Tigers (the alteration of the uniform D was a very bad move), and even of the Mets (the tail on the 1994 uniforms was most unwelcome, and the presence of a black jersey is downright offensive).

5 minutes ago, McCall said:

You see enough of his posts and ridiculous statements like this are just the norm. Each one has a more heightened sense of pretentious snobbery than the last.

Egad! I take umbrage!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

5 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, of course it's an aesthetic preference. But when we're talking about the aesthetics of uniform of the Yankees, it becomes a big f-ing deal.  The Yankees' uniforms reached absolute perfection in 1973 with the change in the number font and the livening up of the road set; thus any change is by necessity a downgrade.  (This includes the running together of the two words of the road wordmark, such that that mark now reads "Newyork".)

You mean all the big, fancy language you use, yet you don't know what the words "fact" and "opinion" mean and the difference between them?🤨

• Like 1