MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Phillies standard caps should have a white squatchee.  The day they were unveiled, young me thought it was a cool touch.  Now I think it looks childish.

I'm not sure if there's another example of a team who's squatchee doesn't tie into any other color on their cap.

The blue squatchee is one of my favorite aspects of the Phillies’ current set. It ties in nicely and subtly with the blue stars on the jersey.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

The blue squatchee is one of my favorite aspects of the Phillies’ current set. It ties in nicely and subtly with the blue stars on the jersey.

Then they should make it shaped like a star.

• Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the similarities to the 2018 Players Weekend hats:

spacer.png

I would have preferred the Orioles used the logo from this hat for the current BP. That I would have bought. Would have bought one of these, but never pulled the trigger because the shade of orange used for these caps was really off to my eye. More "safety vest" orange than Orioles orange.
At some point I wish they'd do an "angry bird" cap.

Edited by M59
Additional thought.
  • Like 1

Spring Training caps and regular season BP caps? Not to Mention the clubhouse caps and most teams having 2-3 AC caps. Merchandise fatigue anyone? 

New Era is becoming to MLB what Nike is to the NBA. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

After redoing all uniforms with the new placks and collars, I did not expect the sleeve issue.  I've been trying to figure out how to best render them.  But while looking at all the different new unis, I came across something that confuses me.  I wasn't watching like a hawk, so this may have come up earlier.

sekrzqv0ivdc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f328bdfba74c796ad752766fabdbd8bf1f0aa866rffearv0ivdc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a2915e8d3e0d1b41e325b0ca0d6f515ee52e0348

The Rangers have the same number of stripes on their sleeves as a few other teams, but they're clearly bigger.  Yet the seam is still in the same location above the top stripe.  Are the Rangers getting more material below the seam?  Are their sleeve seams higher?  And either way, why are they getting a different treatment than others?  So many issues could be fixed with this extra space.  Did the other teams just not care enough to even ask?  Is there something that would make the Ranger special in this respect?

spacer.png

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

The Rangers have the same number of stripes on their sleeves as a few other teams, but they're clearly bigger.  Yet the seam is still in the same location above the top stripe.  Are the Rangers getting more material below the seam?  Are their sleeve seams higher?  And either way, why are they getting a different treatment than others?  So many issues could be fixed with this extra space.  Did the other teams just not care enough to even ask?  Is there something that would make the Ranger special in this respect?

I noticed this in the earlier renderings, as well:

On 1/19/2024 at 8:44 PM, MJD7 said:

For sure. To use a more clear-cut example, both the Twins and Brewers are using 3 stripes, but the Twins are clearly bigger (which is a surprise, because the Brewers’ home jersey had really big sleeve stripes on the previous template).

bEqYq3M.jpg

bOqVjIQ.jpg

There seems to be the ability to have different stripe sizes, which I wasn’t expecting. The Twins are another team that appear to have bigger stripes than the average. The Twins & the Rangers were two teams that had larger stripes on the previous template, as well, so it seems they were able to accommodate more than we would’ve expected, even though we can’t have stripes above the edge of the sleeve anymore.

8 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

There seems to be the ability to have different stripe sizes, which I wasn’t expecting. The Twins are another team that appear to have bigger stripes than the average. The Twins & the Rangers were two teams that had larger stripes on the previous template, as well, so it seems they were able to accommodate more than we would’ve expected, even though we can’t have stripes above the edge of the sleeve anymore.

Nike: look at our cutting-edge designs and space-age fabric!

Also Nike: we struggle to reproduce several shades of green, we can’t do metallic fabrics, stripes can go in some places but not in others, let’s muddy the waters of the NBA so much that fans can’t tell which team is which, monochrome is in, leotards are in, putting every single team in black is in, color blocking is out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

After redoing all uniforms with the new placks and collars, I did not expect the sleeve issue.  I've been trying to figure out how to best render them.  But while looking at all the different new unis, I came across something that confuses me.  I wasn't watching like a hawk, so this may have come up earlier.

sekrzqv0ivdc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f328bdfba74c796ad752766fabdbd8bf1f0aa866rffearv0ivdc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a2915e8d3e0d1b41e325b0ca0d6f515ee52e0348

Nike definitely had room to give the Orioles and Braves their normal stripes so long as they used the thicker cuff. I don’t know why that solution wasn’t offered. I’m sure if the Braves knew about that option, they’d have gone with it because they’ve had that look dating back to the Boston Braves era.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Yeah.  I wasn't sure if that was, much like player names and numbers often are, an inaccurate photoshop.  The seam seems completely missing on them, so it's hard to tell, but those photos make it super clear.

I wish the Mothership would do an article on it.  I would love to see an aggregate of all the photos out there of the new unis.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

Rally House has some interesting alternative logos and designs for the Clubhouse Collection. Too many to post pictures of but if you're a hat collector worth a look. The Guardians Navy hat with red bill looks like it should be an everyday hat. There's even a few minor league versions as well. 

Rally House

spacer.png

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, rwaters1221 said:

Rally House has some interesting alternative logos and designs for the Clubhouse Collection. Too many to post pictures of but if you're a hat collector worth a look. The Guardians Navy hat with red bill looks like it should be an everyday hat. There's even a few minor league versions as well. 

Rally House

spacer.png

The flying G logo is underrated and reminds me of Major League, the Guardians deserve a ton of credit for the seemlessness of their transition.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, SCL said:

The flying G logo is underrated and reminds me of Major League, the Guardians deserve a ton of credit for the seemlessness of their transition.

100%. I love that logo. I keep dancing around the idea of getting a hat with the logo. One of these days I'm just going to bite the bullet.