MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 3/19/2024 at 8:10 PM, MJD7 said:

Of the 7 teams that have a navy & red color scheme, the Twins are now the only one that do not utilize an outline on their wordmarks & numbers.

In fact, they are one of only 4 teams in the league overall that don't use outlines on any of their main jerseys (the others being the Royals, Dodgers, and now the Yankees). 

If anything, I think their lack of outlines helps them stand out possibly the most among the 7 navy & red teams, 5 of which utilize a red wordmark with a navy outline:

Men's Atlanta Braves Matt Olson Nike White Home Elite Player JerseyMen's Boston Red Sox David Ortiz Nike White Home Elite JerseyMen's Cleveland Guardians Nike White Home Elite Custom JerseyMen's Los Angeles Angels Nike White Home Elite JerseyMen's Minnesota Twins Carlos Correa Nike White Home Elite JerseyMen's St. Louis Cardinals Sonny Gray Nike White Home Elite Player JerseyMen's Washington Nationals Luis Garcia Nike White Home Elite Player Jersey

The Twins previous home jersey actually looked pretty similar to the Nationals, just with an ugly mustard gold color thrown in as an accent. Plus, their previous set was a complete mismatched mess, where that gold color only appeared at home, not on the road, and every single jersey had a different striping pattern. 

I truly think the Twins went from one of the worst identities in the league to a Top-5 uniform set with their rebrand last year.

no outline.......you say it's unique, i say it looks cheap.

agree to disagree.

and again, they  def. look like Cleveland.

That gold was nice, and it had  meaning.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2019/01/23/minnesota-twins-add-new-navy-blue-and-gold-uniform/baseball/

• Applause 1
  • Dislike 4
  • Facepalm 1

After watching Arizona earlier this week, I'm a huge fan of those uniforms. Enormous upgrade over what they've worn the last eight years or whatever. It was also really nice seeing a day game with the roof open there...can't imagine they get the chance to do that very often as the season progresses.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

spacer.png

This doesn’t read like someone who is confident about the design. More like the executives showed him the uniform and internally he’s thinking how awful they are but feels obligated to praise them. He’s an Under Armour guy, after all.

https://www.mlb.com/phillies/news/phillies-unveil-city-connect-uniforms

A year ago, Phillies executives invited Harper to look at the Nike City Connect uniforms they would wear in 2024. The group spent years working on the look and feel of them. They wanted his opinion.

Harper is the face of the franchise. His voice matters.

Harper looked at the cap and jersey in executive vice president Dave Buck’s office at BayCare Ballpark in Clearwater, Fla. He said nothing at first. His silence lasted for only a few seconds, but it felt like forever to everybody else in the room.

Well?!

“They’re dope,” Harper said.

The uniform is unlike anything the Phillies have done in the past, which was the plan from the very beginning. It explained why it took Harper a bit to say something that day in Clearwater.

“When I first saw them, I definitely didn’t think that was the vibe they were going to go with,” Harper said. “I never thought blue, yellow, that kind of thing. I never thought those were going to be the colors. I thought red or green for the Phanatic, or even black. Those were on my mind before I saw it. And then I saw it, and then I got the story behind it, and I thought it was cool. It’s way different than anything anybody could have ever imagined, but it comes together so well. The look, the story, everything.”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

ydim4cmqiske0h5pqz6p.jpg

y1d5mhjhhdqvjj7ue9p5.jpg

mens-nike-trea-turner-blue-philadelphia-

The hat is the only thing I like.

Can somebody who's more well versed with Philly/US History explain the typeface? Is it supposed to look like ripped paper?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Can somebody who's more well versed with Philly/US History explain the typeface? Is it supposed to look like ripped paper?

This text is reminiscent of those found in the historical documents throughout the city.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

ydim4cmqiske0h5pqz6p.jpg

y1d5mhjhhdqvjj7ue9p5.jpg

mens-nike-trea-turner-blue-philadelphia-

The hat is the only thing I like.

First impression: holy :censored:, these are terrible. I had to look up Trey Turner’s number to figure out exactly what that digit was on the back of his jersey. Second impression: is Nike starting to walk back miniscule NOBs? Third impression: what’s the deal with spiking either texture or clarity in Photoshop for the images of the player’s wearing the kit? It’s NOT a wise choice.

1 hour ago, Delicate Genius said:

Add the Brewers to the list. Their City Connect jerseys have yet to arrive.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

The Phillies hat seems to be getting a positive reception, but from what I can tell, mostly because people think it looks like a Union hat. 

Cut the pants above the knees and the whole thing looks like a Union kit.

I am watching the Braves pregame festivities (it’s their home opener) and the pants situation is even more bizarre than originally believed. Please stay with me here.

We knew they had belt loop stripes on the home but not on the road.

spacer.png

The old pants always had the striping on the sides and on the back, but never on the front. They also had thinner loops on the front, so it made sense there wasn’t striping present there.

spacer.png

The pants worn in spring mostly followed the old design, except moving the side piping over slightly so that it no longer connected to the vertical pant stripe. You’ll notice in the shot of Max Fried above that there is no belt loop piping on the front loops and you also see that on Acuña here.

spacer.png

The pants worn on the road have not featured any belt loop piping at all.

spacer.png

spacer.png

They wore the same pants in spring.

spacer.png

None of this information so far is new. However…

Plot twist! The home pants they are debuting tonight have belt loop piping on the front! A new addition which does not match the design seen in ST or preseason photos.

spacer.png

Wtf is happening? To date, we have seen two styles of home pants, and one road pant, none of which match one another. Can they make up their mind? Atlanta had such classic designs and needs the piping.

Edit - better photos.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

9 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

image.png

Statler and Waldorf / Just For Fun - TV Tropes

"If they won't apologize, then I will!"
"For what?"

"For coming out here!"

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

32 minutes ago, Ark said:

What do Nike and Fanatics have to do to be considered in breach of contract? I mean MLB is paying them millions to make uniforms right?

This is an organization that considers John Fisher to be an owner in good standing.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

52 minutes ago, Ark said:

What do Nike and Fanatics have to do to be considered in breach of contract? I mean MLB is paying them millions to make uniforms right?

You'd have to see the contract.  We don't know details of delivery dates for anything.

It sucks there's no way to just wear last year's while waiting for this year's, but that's obviously not possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."