MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Just now, bowld said:

What do the flames on the wordmark have to do with anything? I dont get it

I think its waves or something like that.  That's what they showed in the video and they said "waves".

I'm definitely getting that hat, not much else.

Why do teams have to do black/dark colored names/numbers outlined in color? Just make those elements color! I do not understand how hard it is to make people be able to legibly read!!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, bowld said:

What do the flames on the wordmark have to do with anything? I dont get it

I was wondering the same thing. Take those away and I kind of dig it. Right now it looks like a Harley Davidson logo and not in a good way. 

Also, a black uniform isn't going to be fun in the middle of summer in Tampa. 

The hat logo is awesome though.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1

3 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Also, a black uniform isn't going to be fun in the middle of summer in Tampa. 

The team plays in a dome.....I think they'll be fine.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

Is skateboarding a much bigger part of Tampa/St. Pete than I’m realizing?

• Like 4

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Couldn't even go a full season without a team in Florida having black numbers on black.

Also Tampa figures if they can have the University of South Florida in their area, they can have a vice-y city connect.

• Huh? 1

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Just now, JTernup said:

Is skateboarding a much bigger part of Tampa/St. Pete than I’m realizing?

Thought the same thing. I think of California when I think of skateboarding, not Tampa

[The Tampa Bay wordmark] is such an important part of the story for us,” said Warren Hypes, Tampa Bay Rays Vice President, Creative & Brand, in this same call with SportsLogos.Net.

“It’s the first time ‘Tampa Bay’ is back on the uniform since ’07. [For the flame logo], we took references from skateboarding and its impact on hip-hop, music, punk music, even fashion.”

The black base of the jersey contains a pattern designed to resemble a black shirt left out in the Florida sun a little too long, one that’s slowly fading to a lighter, grey-like shade.

I personally love the new cap logo—it ingeniously merges a Ray with the Bay (rhymin’!) and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. The logo is placed on a black crown with a purple visor and a green button.

That skateboarding ray is the dumbest thing I've ever seen and I love it. This is going to reach Marlins levels of illegibility, but at least it's fun when viewed as vector art on a screen.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, bowld said:

“It’s the first time ‘Tampa Bay’ is back on the uniform since ’07. [For the flame logo], we took references from skateboarding and its impact on hip-hop, music, punk music, even fashion.”

Are skateboarding, hip hop, punk, and fashion considered Tampa things? 🤣

14 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Are skateboarding, hip hop, punk, and fashion considered Tampa things? 🤣

Better that than having the Ray using a walker. 😆

Tampa Bay's population over 65 years old numbers 18.7 percent — just under one in five residents — making this metro area the oldest among 53 major metros in the United States. So note leading demographic experts Joel Kotkin and Wendell Cox in a recent Forbes analysis. That percentage has even grown from a few years ago when those over 65 here represented 18.2 percent.

No other large metro area had a higher percentage of seniors then. None has a higher number now.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/business/tampa-bay-may-be-the-no-1-major-metro-for-seniors-but-lots-of-cities-are/2266356/#:~:text=Tampa Bay's population over 65,in a recent Forbes analysis.

• LOL 3

The Rays are a '90s expansion team playing in a non-traditional market. The more they look like that, and not like a team playing baseball's version of Original Six dress-up, the better.

Is it a good jersey? I dunno — but I like it because it's the type of uniform that fits this program better than most, and it's a better look for who they are. A set of complementary traditional jerseys would be a vast upgrade on what the Rays otherwise wear now (throwbacks non-withstanding).

• Like 8

6fQjS3M.png