2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

52 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Truth. Forget the gaudy Subway/North Stars cosplay uniforms, THIS is what they need to bring back. Complete with the jagged numbers and shiny wheat trim

Agreed. The current chest stripe doesn't do it for me. That to me is a bigger issue than the color scheme, which isn't an issue at all. 

• Like 4

Per Icethetics, where the rumor began, his source was a little off. So Michael Russo and the Wild are confirming that the full time switch to the kelly green and gold is not happening.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

23 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

If forest green, wheat, and red remains, that's great news!

I am very happy!! I love the forest green and red look. The North Stars alt is a nice alternate, but I’m glad that it’s not taking over. 

It’s a great way to honor Minnesota hockey history, but it’s doesn’t need to be the primary. 

• Love 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

I can't begrudge the nostalgia when North Stars is such a great name and Wild such a terrible one.

I feel that, but changing the current team to North Star colors isn't going to do much but dilute the visual brand they have now.

5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

If forest green, wheat, and red remains, that's great news!

It's a great scheme.  Really unique and appropriate for the region.

• Like 3

I don't necessarily hate the Wild's branding, but like the Devils, it just instantly reminds me of trap hockey.  For the 25ish years they have been around, I believe they have only been in the top 10 in scoring once or twice.

• Like 1

I'll kind of echo the points a lot of people have made here: I'd understand going back to a North Stars aesthetic if it was a Coyotes/Jets situation. If the Stars had completely revamped everything upon the move to Dallas and effectively became a new team, then it'd feel appropriate to resurrect the North Stars with a modern twist like Winnipeg did when the Thrashers moved up there and became the new Jets. But like others here have said, Dallas kept the "Stars" theme, made it their own, won a cup with it, and have had it for a long time now.

To take a unique and region-appropriate branding like the Wild have and throw it away, after a quarter of a century, to dress up as a team that is in your division, and a large proportion of the current adult-aged fanbase was not alive to see play for their town anyway, is a real double whammy.

Keep the North Stars-esque throwbacks. Nothing wrong with that. But don't pretend to be them so the older contingent of your fanbase is happy. It smacks of "younger brother trying too hard to be like their older brother to make their father appreciate them more."

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The Sens held a STH event last night and announced that they're in the process of designing a new red third jersey, with the hope that it will be ready for the 25-26 season. I heard a rumour that new ownership might be interested in going back to red as the primary home colour (given the ties to the Habs that makes sense), but I hope they stick with black. It would be great to bring back the heritage look, and the Belleville Sens have already come out with a good red version.

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Sens held a STH event last night and announced that they're in the process of designing a new red third jersey, with the hope that it will be ready for the 25-26 season. I heard a rumour that new ownership might be interested in going back to red as the primary home colour (given the ties to the Habs that makes sense), but I hope they stick with black. It would be great to bring back the heritage look, and the Belleville Sens have already come out with a good red version.

spacer.png

Oh :censored: no. Their home sweater is awesome as it is. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, uniformity said:

I'll take Buzz over Blizzard any day of the week. Go with a radical neon scheme and call it a day.

Hear me out. I think "Swarm" polled higher, but Smith knows he can't use purple and light blue with that moniker because of the Charlotte Hornets.

I think the colours are set, and that Swarm and Hive (particularly Swarm) was a sacrificial lamb.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm glad the Wild rumor turned out to be false.  I grew up with the North Stars and the logo in my avatar is one of the best visuals the 1980s had to offer.  I wish the team would have stayed and kept this logo and the emphasis on green/yellow away from black.

But they're gone. For better or worse, the Wild are the team. They're not the North Stars and no matter how much a (in my opinion) less-attractive version of the color scheme reminds us of the North Stars, it's not them.  The current colors are a better match to the (terrible) name and the (terrific) logo, in my opinion. They've been around for 25 years and much more so than the North Stars, have been embraced. there's no need for such a drastic change.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

15 minutes ago, Bmac said:

I've long thought Minnesota should replace red with kelly green. This is the way forward:

DrVYsGTUUAET25n?format=jpg&name=large

If keeping two colors (for the most part) were to be the goal, this would, IMO, actually be a GREAT way to do it. Stick the kelly green in there (that is, brightenup that lighter green somewhat), with the yellow, and yet keep to the same Wild aesthetic. That said, it does lose something with the absence of red...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||