2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

14 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sting and Sting.

Redwing boots and the Red Wings.

No risk of confusion.

Wasn't there some licensing issue with Hulk Hogan and the Incredible Hulk? No one would confuse a fictitious green guy for a living orange guy, but I think there were lawsuits there.

• LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, The_Admiral said:

Wasn't there some licensing issue with Hulk Hogan and the Incredible Hulk? No one would confuse a fictitious green guy for a living orange guy, but I think there were lawsuits there.

Yes. The then-WWF stopped calling him The Incredible Hulk Hogan for that reason.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

On 7/5/2024 at 10:12 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Different industries with no cause for confusion.  I don't think they'd have a case.

Unlike people confusing the Stanley Cup with Stanley Tumblers...

That’s one of my biggest pet peeves recently. I’ve seen so many videos or overheard people talking about the Stanley Cup, just for it to actually be the Stanley cup… The Stanley Mug 🙄

I refuse to call it the Stanley cup, and just call it the Stanley mug, so no one confuses it with the Stanley Cup lol

• Applause 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 7/6/2024 at 10:24 AM, CreamSoda said:

I wonder if the cooler company being an NHL business partner causes some concern though. 

There are YETI ads on nhl boards so it would be kinda weird to have a team with the same name. 

Pretty sure I've seen Kraken rum advertised during games. Seattle didn't need to call themselves the "Krakens" to avoid copyright issues.

I just hope Smith & co. go with Yetis because it sounds better. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

On 7/5/2024 at 10:42 PM, BadSeed84 said:

I was hoping they'd make a Yeti cup their logo.

Ya wanna win a Stanley Cup? Just name yourselves the Utah Stanleys. Hoist a Stanley Cup after each win. Proceed to claim that you have the most Stanley Cups in NHL history. Become the most successful franchise in hockey history after one season. 

It's fool proof. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • WOAH 1
  • Eyeroll 1

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 7/6/2024 at 8:11 PM, AnPheitseog said:

the bigger issue is that there's both the Detroit Red Wings(NHL) and the Rochester Red Wings(IL, MiLB). Both sports teams. And yet, it's not an issue.

Both those teams have carried the same name for 90-plus years (and Rochester was first). Getting both the Florida and Carolina Panthers in the span of a couple years in the ’90s is probably the better example.

(To play the other side though, there were enough rumblings that the now-Guardians may have run into issues with the University of Richmond’s use of the Spiders nickname.)

6fQjS3M.png

11 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

Ya wanna win a Stanley Cup? Just name yourselves the Utah Stanleys. Hoist a Stanley Cup after each win. Proceed to claim that you have the most Stanley Cups in NHL history. Become the most successful franchise in hockey history after one season. 

It's fool proof. 

Which would be VERY on brand for us Utahns. 

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 7/9/2024 at 1:38 PM, YelichGraphics said:

Yessir! 😏 We also have apparel rights

Good! I love New Era Apparel. Please don't forget to make Montreal items though. Sometimes American licensees seem to forget them.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

4 minutes ago, tmorss9 said:

Good! I love New Era Apparel. Please don't forget to make Montreal items though. Sometimes American licensees seem to forget them.

That's more of a team decision than New Era. We make for all teams its up to the teams to buy the merch to sell.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 7:10 PM, chcarlson23 said:

That’s one of my biggest pet peeves recently. I’ve seen so many videos or overheard people talking about the Stanley Cup, just for it to actually be the Stanley cup… The Stanley Mug 🙄

I refuse to call it the Stanley cup, and just call it the Stanley mug, so no one confuses it with the Stanley Cup lol

Me too.  Local news was calling it a 'cup' in some story or another (oh, about the lead in the base!) and my in my mind it was just WRONG.  It's why I made the comment.     

• Like 1

Just a rumor. But according to a few in the know of the rebrand process, it's believed that Yeti is being finalized as the official name for the Utah HC.

Venom was my 1st choice. But Yeti makes sense for another team located close to the mountains. Venom could be their AHL affiliate.

• Like 2