2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, stumpygremlin said:

THIS is why TV numbers are necessary. Or how often do you see an injured player with training staff over them, and we can't tell who it is for a while because their torso is being obscured?

Basically never?  If watching on TV, there's always replays of how the injury occurred, and live (at least at LFF), they say on the PA who the injured player is (I forget if there's live replays.) 

And if the guy is on his back... you couldn't see the TV numbers anyway.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

Unless an entire fifth organization has been able to keep a secret, there are only four teams getting new uniforms. That's why I don't trust this guy. I think his sources are straight up bad.

The Broncos looked to the fans for guidance on the new uniforms, and the fans preferred WHITE helmets OVER royal blue? I'm not buying it. I think the color scheme remains largely the same with a 68-96 throwback. 

This white helmet nonsense is this year's Cardinals getting a maroon and orange makeover. If it ends up being true, I'll be shocked (and bummed out).

Did we ever get a backstory to the maroon and orange? This one actually sounded like it had legitimate sources.

Was it just an initial option that ended up not making the final cut?

I'm still very curious about that whole debacle.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

Unless an entire fifth organization has been able to keep a secret, there are only four teams getting new uniforms. That's why I don't trust this guy. I think his sources are straight up bad.

The Broncos looked to the fans for guidance on the new uniforms, and the fans preferred WHITE helmets OVER royal blue? I'm not buying it. I think the color scheme remains largely the same with a 68-96 throwback. 

This white helmet nonsense is this year's Cardinals getting a maroon and orange makeover. If it ends up being true, I'll be shocked (and bummed out).

What if it's like the Cardinals from last year, but when they come out it's just some really subdued version of what they were wearing?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

What if it's like the Cardinals from last year, but when they come out it's just some really subdued version of what they were wearing?

Mono blue, mono white, same helmet but with sparkles in the paint. No side panels. Denver on the chest above the number so you know what team it is. 

Done. 😂

• LOL 3

1 minute ago, PlayGloria said:

Mono blue, mono white, same helmet but with sparkles in the paint. No side panels. Denver on the chest above the number so you know what team it is. 

Done. 😂

The away and alts have a TOTALLY different vibe than the home. Actually has striping and looks like a uniform. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Fine by me, as long as the primary jersey is still orange. Get rid of the side panels and swoops and you've already got a better uniform. Addition by subtraction.

I have a terrible feeling it'll be Detroit that goes with the worst rebrand. Get ready for more Carolina Panthers cosplay, people. 

On 3/20/2024 at 8:48 PM, The Impaler said:

Brady doubling down on the Broncos board with the white helmets and city connect for the Broncos.  What the hell does city connect have to do with white helmets?

spacer.png

Sorry for the TLDR post in advance...but the new Broncos snowcapped/white helmet/5280 rumors are still really flimsy

Jesse Schultz was the guy who posted on the mothership in January, but his comments on the main pages have been deleted. He’s the self described “graphic designer from Ohio that has access to logo slicks”.

Not sure which page on here his initial comments were discussed, but I do know he wasn’t 100% on point. This screen grab here is likely just a rehash of Brady2024’s comments from the Uniwatch article. 

Anon 1: Here’s a leak

Rando 1: Repeat Anon 1 leak after publication

Anon 1: See it’s confirmed

(no it’s not)

Brady2024, who was 100% sure Brady was going to be the Denver QB and a deal was done, now says “the ball is in Tom’s court and the situation is fluid”.

Brady2024 also claimed Tom was definitely going to to be the Broncos QB because you couldn't order a 12 BRADY Broncos jersey from Fanatics/NFL Shop...supposedly because a deal was signed and new jerseys were going to be sold here in March. In January and February, I did spot testing and the only teams you could get 12 BRADY jerseys for were the Buccaneers and the Patriots, but now in late March, you can't even get that. And you can't customize any other team's jersey with 12 BRADY. And if a deal was in place...you know they'd already be selling jerseys I think. 

L-O-L. 

Brady2024 also claimed that the Broncos will let players choose the jersey during the week...and we all know that's not possible. 

That claim sounds so similar to ”I'm a photographer and Russell Wilson is demanding the team to wear all navy and we just took all the photos of the Broncos in all navy” ….six months later…”oh, well these things change, guys, I’m just a photographer”  

Has to be the same guy.  And maybe Brady2024 is "Jessie Schultz"...

The Cardinals’ leak felt more real last year because a) I don’t think any rumor was on reddit and 2) Tru saw the helmet and it matched the unpublished rumor

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Done. 😂

Well, let’s see…who’s the closest the Broncos have to a franchise player? Probably Pat Surtain, right? Where did he go to college? Take their styling, add a dash of inspiration from Bronco history, and make everything monochrome for ultimate fire and icy emojis. Done. 

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Sorry for the TLDR post in advance...but the new Broncos snowcapped/white helmet/5280 rumors are still really flimsy

Jesse Schultz was the guy who posted on the mothership in January, but his comments on the main pages have been deleted. He’s the self described “graphic designer from Ohio that has access to logo slicks”.

Not sure which page on here his initial comments were discussed, but I do know he wasn’t 100% on point. This screen grab here is likely just a rehash of Brady2024’s comments from the Uniwatch article. 

Anon 1: Here’s a leak

Rando 1: Repeat Anon 1 leak after publication

Anon 1: See it’s confirmed

(no it’s not)

Brady2024, who was 100% sure Brady was going to be the Denver QB and a deal was done, now says “the ball is in Tom’s court and the situation is fluid”.

Brady2024 also claimed Tom was definitely going to to be the Broncos QB because you couldn't order a 12 BRADY Broncos jersey from Fanatics/NFL Shop...supposedly because a deal was signed and new jerseys were going to be sold here in March. In January and February, I did spot testing and the only teams you could get 12 BRADY jerseys for were the Buccaneers and the Patriots, but now in late March, you can't even get that. And you can't customize any other team's jersey with 12 BRADY. And if a deal was in place...you know they'd already be selling jerseys I think. 

L-O-L. 

Brady2024 also claimed that the Broncos will let players choose the jersey during the week...and we all know that's not possible. 

That claim sounds so similar to ”I'm a photographer and Russell Wilson is demanding the team to wear all navy and we just took all the photos of the Broncos in all navy” ….six months later…”oh, well these things change, guys, I’m just a photographer”  

Has to be the same guy.  And maybe Brady2024 is "Jessie Schultz"...

The Cardinals’ leak felt more real last year because a) I don’t think any rumor was on reddit and 2) Tru saw the helmet and it matched the unpublished rumor

I’m reminded of a particular variant on the well-traveled “vanishing hitchhiker” folk tale. Set during WWII, it features said hitchhiker, in lieu of paying the beleaguered driver, imparting a pair of predictions before vanishing: “There will be a dead body in your car today, and (the mustachioed fellow running swastika-land) will be dead within six months.”

Pondering these words and the mysterious disappearance of his erstwhile passenger, the driver comes across the scene of a terrible wreck. Ambulances are behind schedule due to (insert reason here) and the hospital is just a mile away; could he transport the most critically injured victim of the crash?

The man agrees, and he takes the injured victim to the hospital, but the poor fellow is pronounced DOA. The driver goes home, shaken by the day’s events but hopeful for the future. 

It isn’t a true story, but it was circulated as such…in, like, 1942. Ultimately the failed-artist-turned-dictator held on till 1945, putting paid to the tale’s veracity. Yet, in the moment, the first part of the prophecy looked to be true.

My point? This fella could be a troll, a gullible guy who thinks he has inside info…or even someone who’s right about one thing and wrong about the other. But the veracity of one statement is ultimately independent from that of the other. Maybe some of what he said turns out to be right and he looks prescient; certainly doesn’t mean a 47-year-old Tom Brady will be exchanging his slippers for cleats. Heck, a broken watch is right twice a day; dude could end up hitting on something due to simple dumb luck. 

For the record, though, I think he is most likely of the same ilk as that weirdo who used to make wild-ass predictions in here. He may even be said weirdo. I don’t think he is privy to a chest of insider information, so I doubt he’s completely correct, but that doesn’t guarantee he’s 100% wrong - just like said hitchhiker, had they been real. 

• Like 3

In the social media age we live in, do not underestimate someone's willingness to peddle complete nonsense for short-term attention and dopamine hits while sacrificing the loss of their credibility in the future (especially if you were formerly not a public figure/influencer/whatever and the "loss of credibility" doesn't have any implications for a career, reputation, etc).

It's all too prominent in the news world, pop-culture, etc. It happens in these circles too. 

I don't buy it. Even Paul Lukas' interview last month was what I would consider to be pre-emptive, attention seeking journalism. I love Paul but it was kind of bad form to give that source that much of a platform without being able to verify through other channels the credibility. You can't just say "I believe someone to be credible" and leave it at that. 

The amount of times I have seen concepts mistaken as leaks, and eventually turned into  someone thinking they have seen "new uniforms" is more than I can count. One time some guy tried to show me the "new Falcons uniforms" at a bar and I had to explain to him it was a concept I MADE in 2012, and that the photo he had saved on his phone was from THESE BOARDS and then made its way around the web. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Appropriate. 

He isn’t a zero. He’s whatever the most boring QB number would be. I think of 11, remembering the twilight years of Drew Bledsoe’s career, but Mariota isn’t a sitting duck in the pocket, nor was he anywhere near as good, at his peak, as peak Bledsoe. But I still think of Bledsoe’s time in Dallas for some reason. 

Mariota is a plus runner and a team player. But he doesn’t make many big plays as a passer, and he commits too many turnovers for a game manager. He’s a high-end backup and a low-end starter. But he isn’t a zero. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

He isn’t a zero. He’s whatever the most boring QB number would be. I think of 11, remembering the twilight years of Drew Bledsoe’s career, but Mariota isn’t a sitting duck in the pocket, nor was he anywhere near as good, at his peak, as peak Bledsoe. But I still think of Bledsoe’s time in Dallas for some reason. 

Mariota is a plus runner and a team player. But he doesn’t make many big plays as a passer, and he commits too many turnovers for a game manager. He’s a high-end backup and a low-end starter. But he isn’t a zero. 

The Peter Man is a zero. Zach Wilson is a zero

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Draft hat leak (No Jets, Titans, Seahawks, Patriots, Buccaneers, Cowboys, Commanders pics yet. Lions and Broncos shown with current logos). Looks like three retail

versions - black, dark gray, team color. All hats have two offset drop shadows behind the primary logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.