2024 NFL Changes

We're going to see mono-green more times than anyone should be subjected to (Once is too many times.)  and the BFBS uniform is as pointless as it is ugly. Other than that, the Jets did a great job with these. Huge improvement over the broke-ass Walmart looking previous set.

• Like 8

BB52Big.jpg

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

No,  what I'm saying is making this hard turn back to an old-school throwback as a full-time uniform is usually done as a course correction away from something justifiably terrible. It's like admitting you made a mistake and you had it good before. 

The Vikings uniforms -- in what appears to be a widely shared view, yourself excluded -- aren't anywhere near the level where a course correction would be necessary.

In fact, I'd argue the current uniforms were that course correction from the abhorrent 2006-2012 uniforms, and they nailed it. 

If they slapped some purple stripes on the white socks - or even replicated their jersey stripes there - and made their facemask either purple or white - the current look would be pert near perfect. Their insistence on frequently wearing plain white socks - ESPECIALLY with their purple jerseys - knocks them down 5-10 spots in the uni rankings in my book. 

• Like 3

White socks with the green pants are the only thing this set is missing. 

Although if they added a white sock option it’d probably be worn with the white pants too so maybe it’s for the best. 

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Jaguars throwback is awesome news. Hopefully the black is reserved for London and we'll start seeing teal throwbacks in primetime in Duval rather than all-black.

Not sure if anyone saw this. Not sure how they are doing this before the schedule is even out:

Jets look good. I was a bit worried they wouldn't bother adding green pants with the white jersey, but they did, and I can tolerate the matching green socks. Black alts do have more green, which was badly needed, but a they're now likely gonna be worn three times with no other alternates, which is too much for me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Jaguars throwback is awesome news. Hopefully the black is reserved for London and we'll start seeing teal throwbacks in primetime in Duval rather than all-black.

Not sure if anyone saw this. Not sure how they are doing this before the schedule is even out:

Jets look good. I was a bit worried they wouldn't bother adding green pants with the white jersey, but they did, and I can tolerate the matching green socks. Black alts do have more green, which was badly needed, but a they're now likely gonna be worn three times with no other alternates, which is too much for me.

It's a 'bit' to tease the uniform unveil.  That said, teams get the schedule earlier than when it is released, but unlikely this far in advance.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

12 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Since the opponents are known, they can generally plan what uniforms to wear against which teams

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

31 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

No,  what I'm saying is making this hard turn back to an old-school throwback as a full-time uniform is usually done as a course correction away from something justifiably terrible. It's like admitting you made a mistake and you had it good before. 

The Vikings uniforms -- in what appears to be a widely shared view, yourself excluded -- aren't anywhere near the level where a course correction would be necessary.

In fact, I'd argue the current uniforms were that course correction from the abhorrent 2006-2012 uniforms, and they nailed it. 

For the record, I couldn’t agree more with this last sentence.  The side panel Viking uniform was an abomination.  

And also, I don’t dislike the current Vikings uniforms at all.  Easily one of the best of the new designs since Nike took over.  If I made a list in my head, it would probably be top ten. Probably.   

But I also think modern uniform designs… even the best of them… just aren’t really meant to be “forever” uniforms. The Raiders, the Colts, the Bears, the 49ers, (like the Yankees, Dodgers, Celtics, Canadians) have uniforms that they can wear forever.  If you had a future viewing machine, and saw those teams wearing basically the same thing 50 years from now, you wouldn’t be surprised.   But the current Vikings?  As nice as it is overall, it just doesn’t feel built to last to me.  Quirky asymmetrical stripes, high concept number font.  I honestly don’t think it’s an insult to say it’s not a “forever” uniform.  And as a huge Viking fan, and crazy uniform fanatic, I want the Vikings to be in one of those classic untouchable uniforms.  

It’s sort of like the argument I used to make about the Padres all those years when they fought against going back to brown.  It really doesn’t even matter if it looks better.  It’s just how they’re supposed to look.  IMO the Vikings throwback is how they’re supposed to look.  Period. Of course, as my good friend @infrared41 used to say, your mileage may vary.  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

The weird thing is the full “New York Jets” wordmark shown on the team’s website is the font they teased in January, which is more Chiefs-like than 80s Jets. It’s a weird disconnect.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Since the opponents are known, they can generally plan what uniforms to wear against which teams

They just sent that tweet so they could get the hundreds of "Bring back the throwbacks!" replies that they used in the teaser video.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrAstrodome said:

Texans Redesign mini-movie.

"transparent" redesign?  Is someone finally giving us our transparent side panels?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For the record, I couldn’t agree more with this last sentence.  The side panel Viking uniform was an abomination.  

And also, I don’t dislike the current Vikings uniforms at all.  Easily one of the best of the new designs since Nike took over.  If I made a list in my head, it would probably be top ten. Probably.   

But I also think modern uniform designs… even the best of them… just aren’t really meant to be “forever” uniforms. The Raiders, the Colts, the Bears, the 49ers, (like the Yankees, Dodgers, Celtics, Canadians) have uniforms that they can wear forever.  If you had a future viewing machine, and saw those teams wearing basically the same thing 50 years from now, you wouldn’t be surprised.   But the current Vikings?  As nice as it is overall, it just doesn’t feel built to last to me.  Quirky asymmetrical stripes, high concept number font.  I honestly don’t think it’s an insult to say it’s not a “forever” uniform.  And as a huge Viking fan, and crazy uniform fanatic, I want the Vikings to be in one of those classic untouchable uniforms.  

It’s sort of like the argument I used to make about the Padres all those years when they fought against going back to brown.  It really doesn’t even matter if it looks better.  It’s just how they’re supposed to look.  IMO the Vikings throwback is how they’re supposed to look.  Period. Of course, as my good friend @infrared41 used to say, your mileage may vary.  

That's a fair take and I agree with all of it. 

I think most of the  "they should go back to this" posts  are built on the premise that the current uniforms are awful.  I read yours the same way, rather than the more nuanced take that it was. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

"transparent" redesign?  Is someone finally giving us our transparent side panels?

Didn't Fanatics already do transparent uniforms for MLB?

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

An NFL first after 105 years… team designed uniforms, brought to you by Nike, built by Fantatics”

• LOL 2

I was just looking through the online shop, and while I'll wait until closer to the season for the dust to settle and potentially more options to show up to actually buy things, I'm second guessing which items are new and which are throwbacks from previous years.

IbjBaeE.png